Someone offered me a working S18 for free and I turned it down. Thoughts?

BKW

The only issue with the S18 this person was going to give to me was that it had a broken suspension. The EUC had 200 miles on it supposedly.

Typically, I would take it, but all I hear about this wheel is how weak it is, and how prone it is to cutouts, so I thought it wasn't even worth getting to spend a new suspension on, even though it was free.

I've never ridden an S18. I guess I could have bought a new suspension for it and turned around and sold it but I hear he couldn't get anyone to buy it himself, so I didn't want to add more scrap to my collection.

What do you guys think of the S18? Should I take him up on his offer and buy a new suspension for it? It is as weak and cut-out prone as everyone says it is?? What would you do if you were in my situation?

Edited by BKW

1 hour ago, BKW said:

but all I hear about this wheel is how weak it is

If you only need to go 20 Miles it is ok at 15-20Mph. First 10 miles 25Mph. Below 60% Battery starts to flag and caution required. 75Kg Weight.

I like the wheel for cycle paths and pavement but less so on road in traffic. It is easy to overpower but if you are careful its fine. That's my experience.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2024 at 11:47 AM, BKW said:

The only issue with the S18 this person was going to give to me was that it had a broken suspension. The EUC had 200 miles on it supposedly.

Typically, I would take it, but all I hear about this wheel is how weak it is, and how prone it is to cutouts, so I thought it wasn't even worth getting to spend a new suspension on, even though it was free.

I've never ridden an S18. I guess I could have bought a new suspension for it and turned around and sold it but I hear he couldn't get anyone to buy it himself, so I didn't want to add more scrap to my collection.

What do you guys think of the S18? Should I take him up on his offer and buy a new suspension for it? It is as weak and cut-out prone as everyone says it is?? What would you do if you were in my situation?

What does "new suspension" mean? Just a shock? Or did someone remove the links and everything? 

i would worry about it being a potential fire hazard...but thats just me...

setting that aside,  are you prepared to do work on it ?  do you have the time to do the repair work ?  the money ?  if you dont have all 3,  buy a new one... or buy a used working euc... just my 2 cents ...