The Future of Micromobility & Real Estate: How It Impacts Developers

This is more "copy" than "article". I love the sentiment, but it needs to be said that ButterflyMX is a building access service provider primarily aimed at apartments.  I use their app a lot. As far as the quality of the service, I don't have any real complaints.  But every bit of content on their website was designed solely to sell units.

I honestly think that we are living in the golden age of micro mobility, at least in the states.  Although the ESkate industry seems to be stagnating, oneWheels, scooters, EUCs, and EBikes are becoming more and more capable. However, at the same time public transit is getting worse, cars are getting more dangerous, public infrastructure is crumbling, and just saying the words "15 minute city" is enough to send politicians and talking heads into a frothing rage.  I feel like out of all the PEVs, only EUCs and EBikes have the ability to compete on American roads in any meaningful way.  The unintentional consequence of crumbling infrastructure means most forms of PEVs will suffer faster than they can adapt. The political "threat" of bikes, busses, and dense cities means any quaternary category such as PEVs will be intentionally regulated in such a matter as to make them unpalatable to the general public.

1 hour ago, noonewantstobepeterchris said:

I honestly think that we are living in the golden age of micro mobility, at least in the states.

[...]

However, at the same time public transit is getting worse, cars are getting more dangerous, public infrastructure is crumbling, and just saying the words "15 minute city" is enough to send politicians and talking heads into a frothing rage.

This sounds very different to an golden age of micromobility. To me, an the golden age of micromobility would be when infrastructure is provided that gives about as much safe and separated space to bicycles and PEVs as it gives to cars and when public transport is working well to accommodate those who don't use micromobility devices and is hence widely used too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mono said:

This sounds very different to an golden age of micromobility. To me, an the golden age of micromobility would be when infrastructure is provided that gives about as much safe and separated space to bicycles and PEVs as it gives to cars and when public transport is working well to accommodate those who don't use micromobility devices and is hence widely used too.

I think the current upward trend of improvements and access (+ for micro-mobility) is going to be more than negated by increased scrutiny and regulations (- for micro-mobility).

10 hours ago, noonewantstobepeterchris said:

I think the current upward trend of improvements and access (+ for micro-mobility) is going to be more than negated by increased scrutiny and regulations (- for micro-mobility).

I think that depends on here you live.