Mid weight wheels....

Aside from the S18, V11/Y and the T4/Pro, what wheels actually exist between 25 and 35kg?

I feel like this is a perfect weight class for commuting and there's just nothing. Either beginner wheels or tanks.

• Like 3

I wouldn't call 18xl lightweight.. As it's over 20kg, making it medium, or like post Autor said - mid weight wheel.

1-20 lightweight. 20-30 medium. 30++ heavy. All new wheels are in that heavy class.. :efeee20b79: Manufacturers can increase all the spec they want.. It will not make them lighter in any means. And by looks of things, all or at least most of wheels will be in that heavy class.

• Like 1

Let’s not make this thread about lightweight wheels. We have plenty of derailed threads for that already. This is a mid weight thread. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Let’s not make this thread about lightweight wheels. We have plenty of derailed threads for that already. This is a mid weight thread. 

My 18xl is mid weight. :efee8319ab:

On topic: S16 should be on everyone's radar as "mid-weight" wheel. Doh going by my book of weight and classes.. It would be a heavy class wheel already. It's around 33kg.

14 hours ago, SAESK8 said:

Aside from the S18, V11/Y and the T4/Pro, what wheels actually exist between 25 and 35kg?

I feel like this is a perfect weight class for commuting and there's just nothing. Either beginner wheels or tanks.

You could add the specific weight values to the thread title so that people are more likely to talk about the same thing? I mean, instead of everybody presenting their personal definition of "mid weight", unless this was the idea of the thread :)

• 2 weeks later...

New and one old KINGSONG Wheels. S22 pro, newest batch seems to be finally reliable construction. It is 35 kg. Below s22 pro there is s19 pro. Smaller diameter wheel cause it is 18”, less battery, almost same power in case of engine. More agile than s22 but has a lower max speed ( to 60 kph or 37,5 mph). Lower weight, something around 33. The „smallest” is s16 pro. Powerful engine but lesser battery ( ~ 1,5 KWh). Same max speed as s19. 16” tire. Weight is something around 31 kg. S16 pro most agile, S22 fastest. S19 is in the middle. The size deference between s22 and s19 are not substantial, s22 i a little smaller but it is still huge comparing to 16x.

Edited by rumpel
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, rumpel said:

Below s22 pro there is s19 pro. Smaller diameter wheel cause it is 18”,

It's really 19,5" and the same rim. The differences in stock tires are not that much. Both should be considered same size. 

2 hours ago, rumpel said:

The size deference between s22 and s19 are not substantial, s22 i a little smaller but it is still huge comparing to 16x.

Some people may prefer S19's ergo over the S22/Pro's because the S22/Pro width is quite wide pushing the legs out.

Just to mention it as it is still a great wheel, the Sherman OG is just bellow 35Kg.
It has close to the most Wh per weight, all while being fairly compact.

Edited by null

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Some people may prefer S19's ergo over the S22/Pro's because the S22/Pro width is quite wide pushing the legs out.

Ditch the original pads (which are quite bad ergonomically) from S22/pro and it's 3-4cm narrower. Add L-shape pad extensions on it's sides and you can use aftermarket pads without increasing the wideness.

S22/pro is only 2-3kg heavier than s19. It has bigger battery, torque and better suspension. Speakers are the only thing that are better in S19 and it is only 300€ cheaper than s22 pro...

Edited by okvp