Commander PRO 50S : 134V C40 Motor 50S/3600wh Hydraulic suspension

• Ronin Ryder changed the title to Commander PRO 50S : 134V C40 Motor 50S/3600wh Hydraulic suspension
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Ronin,

I got mine last week. It take some time to put original pads on that, because two side sticky tape was crap. But finally i was able to ride yesterday and today. There is my observations:

I have street tire and i have to say it take some effort to push wheel to corner in high speed. I see that you have different tire, but it will be nice if you compare agility of c38 and c40 rim.

I had some discussion with ex30 owner and he express idea that c38 motor is mor efficient. I did 46km today with average speed 40.5km/h and battery drop just to 123V. It seems pretty good to me. I guess i will be able to go 100-110km. But still, can you compare range with previous version of CPro?

My Cpro is not able to full charge. It will go slightly over 133V. It is not big issue to me, but key question is, if the electronics can still balance battery packs. Are you able to full charge of your CPro50s?

Edited by Tom384

• 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

Does the CPro 50S have smart BMS?

Unfortunately, no. It's basically parts bin EX30 guts shoved into a CP chassis.

To me that looks like they are planning on a smart BMS, but it is not polling in this firmware version. If they do get the polling working, I would bet the individual cell voltage could be possible with the right firmware. The real question is, will begode use that feature :efee612b4b:.

Edited by noonewantstobepeterchris

On 2/10/2024 at 11:43 PM, Tom384 said:

My Cpro is not able to full charge. It will go slightly over 133V. It is not big issue to me, but key question is, if the electronics can still balance battery packs. Are you able to full charge of your CPro50s?

Mine is a 50E but it will also only go to 133V with stock charger. It could just be the reading, or it could be on purpose, but I also worry about the balancing not getting done.

Edited by Cam

On 3/4/2024 at 10:09 PM, Ronin Ryder said:

Love your reviews. The best in my opinion. Honest and to the point. The talks with Hsiang were great as well. 

• Like 3

On 3/4/2024 at 3:09 PM, Ronin Ryder said:

Regarding free spinning EUCs that won’t stop: if you put one knee down the other one can tilt the EUC to the side (tire goes away from you) where it should stop due to angle.

I discovered that while mounting stairs and the « lift switch » had decided to suddenly spin the wheel.

On 3/7/2024 at 5:54 PM, Cam said:

Mine is a 50E but it will also only go to 133V with stock charger. It could just be the reading, or it could be on purpose, but I also worry about the balancing not getting done.

So first Begode wheel here, other than my mten4's, and loving the power, nimbleness and range of the 50s. Oh the power. Anyways few issues:

Also not getting the full 134.4, only 132.2. But after researching more it sounds like it's normal, according to Marty's videos and early forum discussions. Will try ningning dual charging to see if I can get it higher. Some have said to unplug after hitting 100%, then plug back in. But very conservative safety margin imo if that's what's going on here.

Tire change is easy to open up the wheel "spread eagle" without pulling cables, which is great. But finding a 90/90 tire that fits has been a bear, even with mudguard rails adjusted. Tried the k66 90/90 which does not have the clearance between the batt boxes, so running the k66 80/90 with Roger spacers, which I'm getting used to but really fights a guy in high speed turns.

But the biggest issue is that I have a noticeable "sputter" especially apparent when hammering down on the throttle, either at speed or at take off. Firmware has been fully updated, happens in off road or race mode, stock and other tires, uninflated massage reinflated, doesn't matter it's still there. It feels like a bunch of mini dips in succession. Friends didn't notice it, but we were on bumpy roads so, and it's my 8th new wheel in 3 years, I know what I'm feeling. Feels like a power distribution issue from the board idk? If some of you can try heavy accelerating your 50s on a nice smooth road and report? That would be helpful.

Other small things would be the weak headlights and taillight (maybe the EX30 taillight could be used?). And some important functions of eucworld are unavailable, not to mention app crashing (Seba is working on it, said an update is coming this week). Other than that, what a fun friggin wheel. Oh the power..

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, vikingto said:

So first Begode wheel here, other than my mten4's, and loving the power, nimbleness and range of the 50s. Oh the power. Anyways few issues:

Also not getting the full 134.4, only 132.2. But after researching more it sounds like it's normal, according to Marty's videos and early forum discussions. Will try ningning dual charging to see if I can get it higher. Some have said to unplug after hitting 100%, then plug back in. But very conservative safety margin imo if that's what's going on here.

Tire change is easy to open up the wheel "spread eagle" without pulling cables, which is great. But finding a 90/90 tire that fits has been a bear, even with mudguard rails adjusted. Tried the k66 90/90 which does not have the clearance between the batt boxes, so running the k66 80/90 with Roger spacers, which I'm getting used to but really fights a guy in high speed turns.

But the biggest issue is that I have a noticeable "sputter" especially apparent when hammering down on the throttle, either at speed or at take off. Firmware has been fully updated, happens in off road or race mode, stock and other tires, uninflated massage reinflated, doesn't matter it's still there. It feels like a bunch of mini dips in succession. Friends didn't notice it, but we were on bumpy roads so, and it's my 8th new wheel in 3 years, I know what I'm feeling. Feels like a power distribution issue from the board idk? If some of you can try heavy accelerating your 50s on a nice smooth road and report? That would be helpful.

Other small things would be the weak headlights and taillight (maybe the EX30 taillight could be used?). And some important functions of eucworld are unavailable, not to mention app crashing (Seba is working on it, said an update is coming this week). Other than that, what a fun friggin wheel. Oh the power..

55mph on smooth road i didn't experience this, with magnetic weakening set at 9. 90/90 tires don't fit. Congrats for the new wheel! 

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cpro 50s owner here. I was one of the first to purchase this particular wheel through ewheels according to Jason. In a word, it's an amazing wheel. The handling, speed, suspension and breaking are excellent. This is my 2nd wheel my first wheel was the V12 HT and it's a night and day difference in stability. Don't get me wrong the V12 HT is a great 16inch non suspension wheel. But, the CPro is on another level. Now, it is a bit of a heavy wheel in comparison and you will need a few miles to get fully accumulated but, once dialed in, it's so smooth. Shout out to Ronin Ryder, I met him one day at "I-rides" and his review is spot on. If you turn on the magnetic weakened to 9 it really helps with easy acceleration. The Bluetooth speakers are actually really good or, at least better than I expected.

Now, their are some negatives about the wheel that I wish could or was addressed before.  Like,for instance, the dashboard,  it's useless and you definitely need the app to monitor your speeds. Apparently, the BMS also isn't active which was promised and the charge port cover works but isn't great. Finally, the Begode app setup was veryfrustrating. If you do get this wheel, make sure you get the verification in your email within the sixty seconds. Otherwise, you may need to create a new email just to get another access code. But, Bruce from Ewheels was patient and very helpful as I'm not the youngest or most technically savvy guy.  I've only put 300miles on it so far and I'm still using the stock pads. Which are adequate but not my ideal set up. Their are other wheels, and some yet to coming to market but, the Cpro 50s is in a class by itself with its watt hours, suspension, battery, and C40 motor.