MCM 5 new motherboard 5V went out in 2 days.

My Gotway MCM5 the motherboard went out. First the lights went out than then eventually it all quit working. I ordered a new motherboard everything worked fine for 2 days rode it around 5 miles and then boom out of nowhere. Didn't wreck didn't get it wet just turned it on and none of my 5V things are working (LED, headlight, 5V power).  Anyone know why this would happen twice?  Do I have a bigger issue? Should I keep ordering motherboards?  

With Gotway / Begode you never quite know if the new boards you get from them are tested or work out of the box until you try them, but the fact that yours have failed in the same way in such a short space of time, and things seem to be fine when you first get a new one in there does suggest something else might be the problem and damaging the mainboard when it occurs. And of course if that is the case, then buying additional boards is not the way to go. There could be wires shorting somewhere or touching when you go over bumps etc, which might be frying the boards, so I would disassemble it and thoroughly inspect everything that involves wires, and connections to that mainboard. If you can't find anything, then I'd guess it's the service centre next...

Edited by Cerbera

How old is the wheel? Or how many km/miles have been put on it?

Didn't MCM have 2 different boards installed inside the wheel? (Or am i thinking about different wheel..)

Edited by Funky

17 hours ago, Oklahomie said:

My Gotway MCM5 the motherboard went out. First the lights went out than then eventually it all quit working. I ordered a new motherboard everything worked fine for 2 days rode it around 5 miles and then boom out of nowhere. Didn't wreck didn't get it wet just turned it on and none of my 5V things are working (LED, headlight, 5V power).  Anyone know why this would happen twice?

The general rule with Begode board problems is that if there's two successive board failures in a short span of time, the motor should be replaced. No point risking/throwing more money into a high probability outcome, without replacing the only other major element into hte mix.