Commander Pro charging board blew. Any ideas why? (PICTURE INCLUDED)

BKW

21 hours ago, BKW said:

I have no harsh feelings for whoever took it. The wheel looked stripped down and the top was open with cables exposed. I'm relieved they took it off my hands or else I'd be forced to call the fire department and the building would have found out and might have kicked me out. Honestly, I'm more concerned about if it goes up in flames somewhere else than actually getting it back. It could be anywhere right now. Chances are they probably stripped it and left the batteries somewhere if they were smart.

Very sorry to hear about your bad luck. At least you're keeping your spirit up. Sorry you feel EUCs are not worth the hassle anymore. Hope things get better!
Seems the EBCP is very poorly designed when it comes to water ingress. Very sad, since almost all wheels run the risk of at least accidentally getting caught in the rain. No one can predict the weather with 100% accuracy. It's a shame since it's such a great wheel in other aspects.

Bought a mechanical bike today. Sherman starting to act up now too. Not even going to fix the kingsong, just going to scrap parts off of it. Literally bought a Cannondale bike for far less than I would have spent for a stupid motherboard for the CP. These things are dangerous electronically and expensive. I think this was a blessing in disguise tbh

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

Remember the foreshadowing of this video:

Indeed but it didn't really cover the batteries, which is IMO the most important point. I'd rather take a cutout than a fire.
That video is also so click-bait-y that I cant take them seriously, especially that in the end the EBCP doesn't seem much worse that many other Begode wheels.

So a foreshadowing yes, as did Martys video, but both focused on the board, which is both an easier fix than the batteries, as well as less dangerous IMO..

1 hour ago, BKW said:

I think this was a blessing in disguise tbh

Good for your cardio on top of the peace of mind!

Edited by null

5 minutes ago, null said:

So a foreshadowing yes, as did Martys video, but both focused on the board, which is both an easier fix than the batteries, as well as less dangerous IMO..

Bradley mentioned in a video or in the comments that Eevees has people in China telling them that the Commander Pro was not a well made wheel.

I still trust Inmotion's battery packs more than those from other manufacturers.

Never mind the V13, even the V12 (HS) has very good water ingress protection in their battery packs.

23 minutes ago, techyiam said:

I still trust Inmotion's battery packs more than those from other manufacturers.

I have no doubt they are better than EB/BGs, if only they offered a 3600Wh 18x3 within the reach of my budget I would have gone with that.

• Like 1