2024 Begode Falcon - 14", Suspension, 100 V, 900 Wh, 1000 W Motor

techyiam

49 minutes ago, Skampster said:

Probably not now that I pulled it apart, but if I’m being honest, I don’t care at all about warranty, the parts I need won’t cost much anyway, just cast metal parts, not electrical or battery, and I don’t mind paying if a fix is prompt. But to be honest again, I won’t be holding my breath about getting  parts for this wheel easily in Australia. I already have made to decision that once this wheel needs a tire change, it’s going in the bin. 
‘just the simply fact that if I ride it in the cold, it locks up, and the other day when it did this, I rode it inside the mall I work at for 3 mins in room temperature and it went straight back to normal. If you look at how this suspension is designed, the two metal guiding rods on each side that run in a brass looking tube, I’m guessing the cold is warping the main body enough for those metal rods to bind up. 

seriously, this is a crap wheel, but it rides well. Begode simply cannot make a wheel without seriously fucking something up in the mean time. 

Doesn't metal expend in cold?

Maybe sliders tolerance are that small that expended metal simply doesn't let them slide in?

1 hour ago, Skampster said:

I’m guessing the cold is warping the main body enough for those metal rods to bind up

Maybe the brass is shrinking and binding the metal rod that runs through it. Perhaps drill them out just slightly bigger? Or maybe you are able to sand the bushing just a little on the inside?

2 hours ago, Skampster said:

I won’t be holding my breath about getting  parts for this wheel easily in Australia. I already have made to decision that once this wheel needs a tire change, it’s going in the bin. 
‘just the simply fact that if I ride it in the cold, it locks up, and the other day when it did this, I rode it inside the mall I work at for 3 mins in room temperature and it went straight back to normal. If you look at how this suspension is designed, the two metal guiding rods on each side that run in a brass looking tube, I’m guessing the cold is warping the main body enough for those metal rods to bind up.

Probably not the warping of the main body. Brass has a thermal expansion almost twice that of steel. It was probably about 30 degrees in China when manufactured. When colder the brass bushings will shrink more than the steel rods that slide through them. You would think they would wear before binding but there you go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

No, metal contracts in cold and expands with heat.

F got it backwards..

Gotta remember: Cold willy - small willy. Hot willy - big willy

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry for spamming this query across multiple threads, but could anyone who has the Beidou V14 powerpads mounted on their Falcon measure the overall width of the wheel at the shin?

Also, does the lower part of the pad interfere with the pedal closing?

14 hours ago, Skampster said:

Imo you don’t need pads on the falcon, I don’t even use the stock one efficiently, it responds well to feet control. 

Agree that’s the case on the street (though pads do provide some helpful cushioning for the inner calf where it contacts the wheel). 

However, on technical trails it’s a different matter. There I find pads help a lot in getting up steep inclines and over rocks/roots. 

18 hours ago, the_deeb said:

Sorry for spamming this query across multiple threads, but could anyone who has the Beidou V14 powerpads mounted on their Falcon measure the overall width of the wheel at the shin?

Also, does the lower part of the pad interfere with the pedal closing?

Can’t measure right now, 1600 miles from home/wheel, lol

Yes, the lower part does stop the pedals from closing.

IMG_5298.jpeg

On 9/2/2024 at 4:33 AM, Funky said:

Aww.. :cry2: Well there goes any interest i had in Falcon.

Now i have ZERO wheels to buy... (I literally don't like any of them. Most of new wheels are to big/heavy. And in lightweight, well there's almost no options.)

lol at this rate you will buy nothing and be happy :) i'm deciding if i should buy the mten5 now lol i always ride the beeps on my mten4. i mean the falcon is nice but its still nowhere near as portable as mten4. Does anyone know if the mten5 max speed is 50km/hr? i have yet to see someone push that wheel to 50km/hr, highest i've seen is 30mph

8 minutes ago, kintips said:

lol at this rate you will buy nothing and be happy :) i'm deciding if i should buy the mten5 now lol i always ride the beeps on my mten4. i mean the falcon is nice but its still nowhere near as portable as mten4. Does anyone know if the mten5 max speed is 50km/hr? i have yet to see someone push that wheel to 50km/hr, highest i've seen is 30mph

48kph or 50kph.. Big difference. :D 

Yup. It feels like that. Maybe ill buy Mten4 and say fuck everything.. Will try to go 40kph and break my neck. Then i'll be happy. :) 

FYI: Have you watched some of those Russian disassembly videos about Mten5.. Let's just say it isn't that much better than Falcon... Or you can be blissful and buy it. As saying goes if you don't know something - i can't hurt you. :) (It's mostly to do with water ingress chance.)

Edited by Funky

1 hour ago, Funky said:

48kph or 50kph.. Big difference. :D 

Yup. It feels like that. Maybe ill buy Mten4 and say fuck everything.. Will try to go 40kph and break my neck. Then i'll be happy. :) 

FYI: Have you watched some of those Russian disassembly videos about Mten5.. Let's just say it isn't that much better than Falcon... Or you can be blissful and buy it. As saying goes if you don't know something - i can't hurt you. :) (It's mostly to do with water ingress chance.)

No i haven't seen the Russian videos, the google translate subtitles are not that good lol i just wish my MTEN4 was faster lol maybe the new inmotion will surprise me and stop me from the mten5 lol

you probably won't break your neck on the mten4 its so low on the ground you're maybe 4 inches off the ground

6 hours ago, the_deeb said:

However, on technical trails it’s a different matter. There I find pads help a lot in getting up steep inclines and over rocks/roots. 

IMO trail riding the falcon will kill it in 6 months. 

2 hours ago, Skampster said:

I have heard that as well. A friend of mine basically was riding in the technical trails, and the suspension got ruined from doing just that. I think it's safe to say that the falcon's suspension should be handled with a bit of care and shouldn't be treated as a hardcore trail wheel.

3 hours ago, Skampster said:

Yeah this thing is cheap. I mean they charged a premium but has a cheap build quality. My mten4 is built better doesnt feel as janky. Still like the wheel but so over priced.

On 9/2/2024 at 4:52 AM, Skampster said:

Snooping around the suspension sliders on my Falcon today trying to figure out why my suspension is going rock solid in the colder temps, by the way, noting discovered, but what I do know now is that basically this wheel is an overpriced POS. I unscrewed the 4 bolts that hold the brace in the middle of the suspension, and at that point I found out that those 4 holes do not now line up with the battery cases, so you can’t screw them back in. I had to undo the 6 screws down the bottom to free up the middle ones hopefully, that worked but then if messed up those 6 screws. So now I have one of the six completely stripped and the other 5 won’t survive another round. 
I told my wife when I bought this wheel after owning 3 Leaperkims that I can guarantee that this wheel will give me grief, and it certainly has. 
I now have to try and get some spare part suspension sliders, luckily the part that has the stripped threads is easily replaced, and pull it completely apart and try to re-assemble the wheel with no issues. That’s providing I can get the parts, hopefully that side of the wheel will cope with 5 out of the 6 bolts. I don’t off road so it should hold up. 
I

will

never 

buy 

begode

again. 

Rubbish. 

You’ll be back. They always come back! 

On 9/5/2024 at 8:27 AM, kintips said:

Yeah this thing is cheap. I mean they charged a premium but has a cheap build quality. My mten4 is built better doesnt feel as janky. Still like the wheel but so over priced.

Especially compared to cars in China. Xpeng Mona M03 costs $16800. 52kW battery, 515km range, self parking, lane keep assist etc. I guess it is the competion. 90+ different brands. Their cars get better and cheaper every day. EUCs seem to be going the other way.

7 hours ago, DavidB said:

Especially compared to cars in China. Xpeng Mona M03 costs $16800. 52kW battery, 515km range, self parking, lane keep assist etc. I guess it is the competion. 90+ different brands. Their cars get better and cheaper every day. EUCs seem to be going the other way.

Don't buy a Chinese car, they are poorly made and their electric cars are prone to fires, especially if you crash.

6 hours ago, Oliver Gould said:

Don't buy a Chinese car, they are poorly made and their electric cars are prone to fires, especially if you crash.

What can you tell us about EUC's then.. :D 

7 hours ago, Oliver Gould said:

Yeah, a lot of EUC riders have bashed Chinese products over the years, but they keep coming back for more.  :rolleyes:

Given that all EUCs are "Chinese"-made, I'm sure that China-built electric cars will also continue to improve rapidly.

Edited by litewave

5 hours ago, litewave said:

Yeah, a lot of EUC riders have bashed Chinese products over the years, but they keep coming back for more.  :rolleyes:

Given that all EUCs are "Chinese"-made, I'm sure that China-built electric cars will also continue to improve rapidly.

If you could buy Japanese or German EUCs I would never buy Chinese. Cha Bu Duo construction always screws you in the end.