2024 New EUCs - V13Pro, V12Pro, E20S, V18, E25, P6

Merkyu Kyu Kyu

11 hours ago, techyiam said:

Too bad for Inmotion that there won't be a Lynx killer from them until 2025.

But by then, Leaper Kim will have another wheel that may be better than the Lynx.

12 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

It will not, it will refresh an existing model, in a good way, hence the new name,

Notice he said it will be "a refresh of an existing model", but with new model name.

V11 -> V11Y

V12 -> V12 Pro

V13 -> V13 Pro

But these models didn't get an entirely new model name.

So which existing model would be worth refreshing, and have enough changes made to it to be needing to be called a different model name.

If the whole chassis is changed, I don't think it would qualify as merely a refresh.

I speculate that perhaps a new model name is required, even though it is just a refresh, because a larger rim is used.

Something like:

Commander Mini -> Commander GT.

Perhaps:

V14 -> V18

because V18 is a V14 with a 20" wheel.

This would be the fastest way for Inmotin to push out a 20" wheel.

And the Lynx-killer coming out in 2025 will be from the ground up, all new performance wheel?

52 minutes ago, techyiam said:

V14 -> V18

because V18 is a V14 with a 20" wheel.

This would be the fastest way for Inmotin to push out a 20" wheel.

But then it would be quite close to being a Lynx competitior, at least too close to say it ISN'T one...

1 hour ago, Rider1 said:

But then it would be quite close to being a Lynx competitior, at least too close to say it ISN'T one...

Nah, it's like saying the Commander GT or the Master, or the S22 Pro are competitors to the Lynx (151.2 V).

If Inmotion price it and say it is a Lynx competitor, no one will buy it.

The S22 Pro (latest version with the latest firmware) is a good wheel. But no one who is after the Lynx performance will buy an S22 Pro.

Although, I don't think they belong in the same class, but based on performance, some people may group the ET Max, GT Pro with the Lynx together. That is as close as you will get.

• Upvote 1

Part of what makes the s22 a good wheel is the relatively easy maintenance for a euc, still making it the best off-road euc in my opinion because if you ride any euc out there in the dirt, you'll have problems eventually. 

that's what I would like to see in the v18, a simple, easy to work on design, big batteries, rim size at least 18". The motor doesn't need to be something crazy just needs enough torque.

aka a long distance cross-country euc, kind of like a sherman s with a slightly larger wheel size and simpler easier design for maintenance. That would be perfect for the country roads.

I feel like that doesn't exist yet and there is probably other people like me who are waiting or that.

I feel for the guys who are still waiting for that perfect light weight wheel, I also wish for that for myself tbh. But I don't think this wheel will be it, maybe if we wait for another 5 years lol.

Edited by Ruben De Waele
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Rider1 said:

Until we know more there is no way to know this or put such a statement out imho.

There is much much more that rim size to an EUC.

And no matter what Inmotion developed wheels with different priority that GW spin off.

Just simple things how weight is distribution in the design the shape. Look at how V8 and V10 the M11 then the V12. They are all very fairly slim designs.

Moving on to V13 and V14 they were developing to be more modular in design. 

GW spin off only do number on paper. Bigger battery or bigger motor but not that much other changes until Inmotion push it. GW spin off never added waterproof until it became a must for many riders because other brand gave that choice. Then the suspension came. Also a first off from Inmotion. One could argue how they like the feel of it. But how the hole was packaged in the V11 was not top of all but a great balance of many things. I had an odd start with V14 bucease it out of box was meant for other things that I do when riding. But changing the shock and spring made more suited for me and now I am used to it and it grew big time. 

What Inmotion releases next might be one thing on paper but once ridden in real life and for more than a 5min up and down the road is when you get a feel off the wheel. 

Anyone looking for a GW spin off feel will be disappointed. That is what has happened time after time. But I seriously doubt that will change.

So range in a Inmotion thread I still don't see a point bringing the GS like wheel in here again and again. If I were looking at GW spin off option I wouldn't look here.

So I don't really look at who has biggest number on paper. That is not important to how it is to ride and live with an EUC.

• Upvote 1

On 6/26/2024 at 1:03 AM, techyiam said:

Nah, it's like saying the Commander GT or the Master, or the S22 Pro are competitors to the Lynx (151.2 V).

If Inmotion price it and say it is a Lynx competitor, no one will buy it.

The S22 Pro (latest version with the latest firmware) is a good wheel. But no one who is after the Lynx performance will buy an S22 Pro.

Although, I don't think they belong in the same class, but based on performance, some people may group the ET Max, GT Pro with the Lynx together. That is as close as you will get.

Yes they wont buy s22. But they will buy the new F22 from kingsong as the lynx competitor

• 3 weeks later...

Did InMotion suddenly became shy in announcing the V18 with LK and Begode coming out strong with new wheel announcements? They delaying the announcement for the excitement to die down or are they rethinking of making changes to the V18 to make it more competitive? I would think the latter is unlikely if they are supposedly in mass production or will be soon with the V18.

And what is the E20S? Is it with a different battery pack or motor? Or is it with the seat? The E20S is supposed to be in mass production in July as well.

17 minutes ago, Tan Ho said:

Did InMotion suddenly became shy in announcing the V18 with LK and Begode coming out strong with new wheel announcements? They delaying the announcement for the excitement to die down or are they rethinking of making changes to the V18 to make it more competitive? I would think the latter is unlikely if they are supposedly in mass production or will be soon with the V18.

And what is the E20S? Is it with a different battery pack or motor? Or is it with the seat? The E20S is supposed to be in mass production in July as well.

S stands for Single wheel.  Don't tell anyone that i said that.:whistling:

It will look the same as E20 and perform the same. Only difference - single wheel.

4 minutes ago, Funky said:

S stands for Single wheel.  Don't tell anyone that i said that.:whistling:

It will look the same as E20 and perform the same. Only difference - single wheel.

oh wow!! was not expecting that... :efef585a74:

• 2 weeks later...

Well looks like i was right S - for Single wheel. :D 

Now i want to see that V8+V10 = V18 beautiful lightweight commuter wheel. Sad that it will look somewhat like a egg... :whistling: (Ups.. Should have not said that. Or was that E25??)  :huh:

Oh and E25 will be regular wheel, where V18 will have some bounce behind it.

Think about Begode Mten4(e20s), A2(e25), Falcon(v18) - if you want comparison. :) Gotta compete somehow.. At least finally we will be getting new smaller wheels. Brings a tear to my eye.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Funky said:

Well looks like i was right S - for Single wheel. :D 

Now i want to see that V8+V10 = V18 beautiful lightweight commuter wheel. Sad that it will look somewhat like a egg... :whistling: (Ups.. Should have not said that. Or was that E25??)  :huh:

Oh and E25 will be regular wheel, where V18 will have some bounce behind it.

Think about Begode Mten4(e20s), A2(e25), Falcon(v18) - if you want comparison. :) Gotta compete somehow.. At least finally we will be getting new smaller wheels. Brings a tear to my eye.

would the E20S be the same tire as the E20 since it's replacing the V5F? if so, then it's not quite in the same class as competing with the MTEN4. i was really hoping IM would come out with a small wheel like the MTEN5 since i've been eyeing that. i may have to see what the E25 and V18 are before pulling a trigger on a small wheel.

15 minutes ago, Tan Ho said:

would the E20S be the same tire as the E20 since it's replacing the V5F? if so, then it's not quite in the same class as competing with the MTEN4. i was really hoping IM would come out with a small wheel like the MTEN5 since i've been eyeing that. i may have to see what the E25 and V18 are before pulling a trigger on a small wheel.

Sadly i already can see the weight being around 20-26kg. Even IF they are - what they are.. So not really that lightweight. Compared to wheels like we had in old days being 13-18kg.

I'm just guessing here.. :D Performance could be about the same. Tires - idk. Most probably it will be something in 2.5" - as most "slick" wheels don't go heavy wide tire. E20 could have 3" tire maybe? But i doubt that.

I think having 2 EUC (E20S & V18) and 3 scooter mass production is a bit too much for IM, so their announcement is a bit delayed. Hopefully, they will announce by end of July. And the seat for the E20 will be available by then as well.

Hopefully, E25 and P6 announcements will go smoother.

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, macgyvercanada said:

I've been checking every few hours.... nothing.

Dam.. What's the point of checking non stop? You won't get to buy, or try it out for weeks/months anyways.. What good does it do, to know about new wheel faster, or some days later?

Only time i see new wheels is - when someone makes new post about said wheel. Or on YouTube someone starts making reviews or talking about them.

2 hours ago, Funky said:

Dam.. What's the point of checking non stop?

I've been designing the V18 inside my mind, and I really want to know if it looks the same in the real world!  :P

EDIT(s):  To elaborate...  I'm thinking a boxy top like a V12 and angles on the sides like a F-117 Nighthawk to accommodate more volume of motor/battery.  I'm thinking sorta like a Sherman S body style but smaller in size and bringing back that smooth V8/V10 glossy black retro-futuristic aesthetic.  Waterproof construction, ~2,200 Wh and minimum 100V (but not necessarily a speed demon), all the modern electronics & safety features, and a 2.5" wide tire on progressive linear suspension.  A premium all-roads commuter wheel that can handle trails easily, although optimized to be lightweight & nimble for its size rather than ruggedized for jumps & drops.  70km range of smooth cruising in comfort & style.  Booyakasha!

Edited by macgyvercanada
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, macgyvercanada said:

I've been designing the V18 inside my mind, and I really want to know if it looks the same in the real world!  :P

EDIT(s):  To elaborate...  I'm thinking a boxy top like a V12 and angles on the sides like a F-117 Nighthawk to accommodate more volume of motor/battery.  I'm thinking sorta like a Sherman S body style but smaller in size and bringing back that smooth V8/V10 glossy black retro-futuristic aesthetic.  Waterproof construction, ~2,200 Wh and minimum 100V (but not necessarily a speed demon), all the modern electronics & safety features, and a 2.5" wide tire on progressive linear suspension.  A premium all-roads commuter wheel that can handle trails easily, although optimized to be lightweight & nimble for its size rather than ruggedized for jumps & drops.  70km range of smooth cruising in comfort & style.  Booyakasha!

From what we seen in past.. It's gonna be boiled egg. Or more correctly - Century egg,(Google that name, if you don't get the yolkeif you wan't something that looks like "Nighthawk".

2200Wh will not be lightweight. Over 30kg for sure.

Edited by Funky

One of the dealers reported:
Today I saw two new models. E25 as an evolution of v10f with suspension - the same performance characteristics, essentially, as V10F, but looks like V12.

Well, and also V18, looks like V14. S16pro will be good as an analogue. With a larger screen.

Edited by Popov

12 minutes ago, Popov said:

One of the dealers reported:
Today I saw two new models. E25 as an evolution of v10f with suspension - the same performance characteristics, essentially, as V10F, but looks like V12.

Well, and also V18, looks like V14. S16pro will be good as an analogue. With a larger screen.

A V10F with suspension will dominate the new rider market if it stays lightweight and relatively low priced.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frolic0415 said:

A V10F with suspension will dominate the new rider market if it stays lightweight and relatively low priced.

Agreed, I just hope they don't overdesign it trying to make it look obnoxious and aggressive.. Bring the classy circular shells back!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Popov said:

E25 as an evolution of v10f with suspension - the same performance characteristics, essentially, as V10F, but looks like V12.

A competitor to the Falcon, or S18,?

2 hours ago, Popov said:

V18, looks like V14. S16pro will be good as an analogue. With a larger screen.

A competitor to the S16 Pro, or T4?

Inmotion's flagship for 2025:

- competitor to the Lynx and Sherman-L? 

6 hours ago, Frolic0415 said:

V10F weight + better materials used probably + suspension weight = you got wheel around 25-30kg. Not lightweight at all... (Medium at best.)

As for V18.. I already can see it being way over 30kg. Which goes right into heavy wheel category and doesn't interest me at all. (I have not seen it and i already don't care about it, as it's over 30kg.)

E25 seems is my last hope for somewhat lighter wheel - that could replace my ks18xl after 4 years... But i have little to non expectations it happening.

It will come down to Falcon or E25 (Haven't seen E25, but somehow i think it will look ugly - same as E20.)

Edited by Funky