changes in the ninebot 1e+

Hi Guys and Gals!  So I have one NB1E+ and about six months later (2 weeks ago) I got another one( that is another story for another time).  The weird thing is they are definitely not the same.  So far the differences are the pedals are less angled than my first NB.  Also, the tire size is not the same first one is 16x 2.125 and second one is 16x1.95.  Well those two changes dramatically throws off the balance dynamics.  The first time I got on I actually lost my balance and had to jump off.  Don't worry I got the hang of it now!  What I have noticed about the foot pedals is this on the more angled one's the turning is much more precision like, less with the less angled one.  I really do not get the tire size change.  The 2.125 seems much better.  Also, with the different tire size comes different tire psi parameters.  I would love to hear your comments!

Oh yeah, lastly gosh darn is it hard to get the ninedroid app and the NB to connect!  It took 20 on and off switches to get it to connect the first time.

Are you sure it's not the clear, circular little rubber stopper on the underside of the pedal near the joint?  My NB1 shipped with on installed on each side, and after 20 hours of use they squished, slid out of the way, and eventually fell off.  When they were installed in factory position, it pushed the pedals upward a little bit.  I'm guessing they're there for cushoning or somesuch.

1 hour ago, danadane(nottherapper) said:

Also, the tire size is not the same first one is 16x 2.125 and second one is 16x1.95.  Well those two changes dramatically throws off the balance dynamics.  The first time I got on I actually lost my balance and had to jump off.

I own an IPS Lhotz and consider myself to be a skilled rider.

Despite learning on a Ninebot, many months of experience on its 2.5inch thick wheel changed my comfort zone.

I ran into a 'ninebotter in a park and we got talking and swapped wheels for a bit. It was like my first day again. The dynamics were completely different and it took me a good 10/20 mins to 'recalibrate' but even then I wasn't 100% relaxed.

I've said this before but I'll say it again, Im surprised how little tire width is discussed on the forum. I'm going to put my neck out here and say it is THE biggest variable when it comes to how an euc handles. More than tire pressure, more than software algorithms, more than pedal structure.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived