Kick Scooter or Mten?

I have a routine where I walk to the bus stop before sunrise to get to the gym. I'm nervous each time due to NYC's giant rats. Normally, I'd hop on my EUC but the company I work for has new lithium battery restrictions. We have to leave PEVs in a bike room. Nope!

So now I'm looking at getting a Xootr (I've had it before) but I just can't bring myself to go backwards. I'd rather get an Mten but am concerned about the learning curve and presume poorer stability. I could hide an Mten in a bag though.

So it's to the bus with a company-safe kick scooter or risking it with an Mten that I've never ridden for the sake of staying within the EUC realm. 

Edited by Lillian
Copy change from "them" to "PEVs" for clarity.

I recently bought an menten 4. I added farrings and Kai pads. Love this wheel. I came from a V11 and Sherman S predominantly. The small wheel on the m10 makes for a very nimble ride. Very little effort needed to turn or accelerate/brake. If you’re comfortable riding any euc it won’t take long to acclimate to the small form factor. I have also carried it for a long distance while riding. It’s doable, but it is still 30lbs of dead weight. I does beep when turning the power on or off. Not sure if that can be turned off or not. A cardboard shell could easily be made to look like a suitcase………. Regardless of wether you use it for your workout commute it’s a great little grocery getter or store runner. You won’t want to do any heavy street riding or push this wheels limits. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hellkitten said:

I recently bought an menten 4. I added farrings and Kai pads. Love this wheel. I came from a V11 and Sherman S predominantly. The small wheel on the m10 makes for a very nimble ride. Very little effort needed to turn or accelerate/brake. If you’re comfortable riding any euc it won’t take long to acclimate to the small form factor. I have also carried it for a long distance while riding. It’s doable, but it is still 30lbs of dead weight. I does beep when turning the power on or off. Not sure if that can be turned off or not. A cardboard shell could easily be made to look like a suitcase………. Regardless of wether you use it for your workout commute it’s a great little grocery getter or store runner. You won’t want to do any heavy street riding or push this wheels limits. 

Great info. Thanks. Yes, I would turn it off about a block away from the office. And honestly before sunrise, most of the guards are asleep...like slumped over asleep. 

• Like 1

Hi Lillian. I would go MTen all the way. Smaller form factor and it fits so easily in a locker. I am actually selling my MTen3 84Volt 800 watt motor  512 Wh battery with only 114 miles on it. Shell is covered with black vinyl wrap so the white shell underneath should be immaculate. It also has a trolley handle. Charger is included.  Only $525 cash. I am in NJ. 

IMG_0058.jpeg

IMG_6413.jpeg

IMG_0055.jpeg

Edited by Ethereal
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Lillian said:

Update: I bought the Xootr kick scooter, rode it once and returned it. I liked it back in the '90s, but now the super narrow wheel and zero suspension don't suit me. I'm leaning toward a Mten4 A2. 

Just got back from another city errand run on my m10-4. Love this wheel for little jaunts around town. The simple agility of this little wheel can’t be beat for getting around pedestrians. Can’t speak for the A2, never tried one.