What are your thoughts on the Adventure?

NOSFET Electric Dreams

On 9/21/2023 at 7:44 PM, novazeus said:

i doubt any wheel would fit all my needs on this 325 acre cattle ranch. so i get something as close to getting the job done and then make the wheel better. i don't re-invent the wheel. i thought ww was right on the money except the torque/flicking thing. he couldn't do that if the tire was at 40psi.

so in that vein, here's what i'm doing/done. took the seat and trolley handle off. saved 2 pounds at the very top of this now 116 pound wheel.

43EFE907-EE4F-4D34-A0AC-7B51AC084E63.jpeg.733db2524c47a421db7e5d861947d745.jpeg

6CEB27B8-18BD-44EE-B145-B0CCBE482C11.jpeg.c3d7a48fac39d204867a86a26b60e374.jpeg

I picked up my KS s18 primarily to cross agricultural and prairie lands quickly. I have encountered some grazing lands that have been heavily rutted by cattle and also by horses. I've found that the s18 just doesn't have the torque to get up and out of these ruts. Even large tractor tire prints cause major issues getting started and maintaining speed and balance, not to mention tall crops. Though my skills have improved, it's become apparent the s18 is unsuitable beyond harvested fairly smooth and dry soil. How has your v13 experience been? What is the minimum motor power, like "2800W" or "126V" you've found is necessary to get around easily on your ranch?

I might be running on outdated firmware which might affect acceleration; but I've found normal riding mode is better than "experiential" mode in rutted fields.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, ikeceosaor said:

I picked up my KS s18 primarily to cross agricultural and prairie lands quickly. I have encountered some grazing lands that have been heavily rutted by cattle and also by horses. I've found that the s18 just doesn't have the torque to get up and out of these ruts. Even large tractor tire prints cause major issues getting started and maintaining speed and balance, not to mention tall crops. Though my skills have improved, it's become apparent the s18 is unsuitable beyond harvested fairly smooth and dry soil. How has your v13 experience been? What is the minimum motor power, like "2800W" or "126V" you've found is necessary to get around easily on your ranch?

I might be running on outdated firmware which might affect acceleration; but I've found normal riding mode is better than "experiential" mode in rutted fields.

it's still been too hot to really test this new v13 thoroughly in the pasture, but so far it looks promising. i'd rather have more torque down low but with momentum, the big wheel climbs over the terrain the best. i think the v14 will be a great trail wheel, unfortunately i don't have any trails, wish i did. offroad, trails and raw land are very different things, esp in florida. but no, ur right, the s18 is weak, and mine is the molicel version. s22 is pretty weak as well. i love this new v13 with the stock knobby. idk what is different, but very jeep like suspension.

11 hours ago, ikeceosaor said:

The S18 is battery-limited in its power delivery. Something like an S19/S22 (not sure how much better their power limitations are) or a Begode Master (cheap to get nowadays! And Begode doesn't believe in limitations) or the upcoming Commander GT should do the trick. (All have the same tire size.)

You could get a smaller tire wheel with more torque (like the Patton, or the Inmotion Adventure), but the bigger tire like on the S18 might work better for your use case.

You can ignore motor power numbers, they mean pretty much nothing for real life behavior of wheels.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Upvote 1