EX30 colour screen and battery voltage mod

Planemo

I'm certainly not the first to do this but I will put it up anyway.

Thanks to @2cells1pack for the voltage mod info! Voltmeter from Ali express, about £3 delivered to the UK. Search for GWUNW-Voltage tester BY428V, micro voltmeter 4 bits, 0.28 inches, DC 0-10V, 30V, 50V, 100V, 200V, 500V

Translucent self-adhesive sheet came from the bay, £4.60 delivered. I have loads spare, you get 7 sheets of A4! Link: 7pcs Pack MULTI COLOR TRANSPARENT WINDOW FILM STAINED GLASS SELF ADHESIVE VINYL | eBay

I ended up doubling up on the film to get richer colours. Brightness reduction hardly noticeable.

I have actually ordered another voltmeter as the digits match the factory screen better. I will leave this one in for now though. The newer one I have ordered is a little bigger but I think it will still fit. Will update later with my findings on this. Can be searched under GWUNW-Micro voltage tester BY436V DC 10V, 30V, 50V, 100V, 200V, 500V, 0.36 inches, 4 bits, digital display, LED voltmeter, shellless

EX30screenmodresized.jpg.7352fa5c92dddf4b24d44e8352924de4.jpg

• Like 3

Yeah saw that vid too, wasn't keen on the superglue to hold the meter though. I used double sided 3M VHB tape. I have actually changed mine now as I wanted the digits to look more like the stock LCD design rather than the 1970's 'boxy' style. The new meter is slightly bigger too. I will post up a pic soon.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2023 at 7:54 AM, Planemo said:

Translucent self-adhesive sheet came from the bay, £4.60 delivered.

Oh that's excellent - I'm going to get me some of that and turn my Master LCD red to match the rest of my lighting. Sith Holocron FTW :)

• Like 1