King Song S14 rumors

meepmeepmayer

This will be interesting! The gold standard [for me] is the MCM5v2 - if KS can exceed its performance with S22-class suspension and updated and robust aesthetics, it could be a formidable product. A 14" wheel is the sweet spot for lightweight urban fun and practicality, the perfect errand wheel and short commuter that you can bash around doing nimble tricks like @Jonathan Tolhurst did in the early days. (Whatever happened to him, anyway?)

Here are the specs I am hoping for:

1. Class-leading torque and acceleration - besting the MCM5v2
  2. Latest Kingsong suspension tech, capable of boinking curbs
  3. 35mph top speed, cut-out proof
  4. 30+ mile range
  5. Kingsong modern headlight
  6. Balanced and durable handle
  7. Durable, robust shell that can withstand repeated crashes
  8. Modern, sleek Kingsong aesthetic that wasn't inspired by minions, megatron, or tanks
  9. Relatively lightweight and perfectly balanced

I hope Kingsong nails it.

Edited by litewave
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, litewave said:

This will be interesting! The gold standard [for me] is the MCM5v2 - if KS can exceed its performance with S22-class suspension and updated and robust aesthetics, it could be a formidable product. A 14" wheel is the sweet spot for lightweight urban fun and practicality, the perfect errand wheel and short commuter that you can bash around doing nimble tricks like @Jonathan Tolhurst did in the early days. (Whatever happened to him, anyway?)

Here are the specs I am hoping for:

1. Class-leading torque and acceleration - besting the MCM5v2
  2. Latest Kingsong suspension tech, capable of boinking curbs
  3. 35mph top speed, cut-out proof
  4. 30+ mile range
  5. Kingsong modern headlight
  6. Balanced and durable handle
  7. Durable, robust shell that can withstand repeated crashes
  8. Modern, sleek Kingsong aesthetic that wasn't inspired by minions, megatron, or tanks
  9. Relatively lightweight and perfectly balanced

I hope Kingsong nails it.

Aside of 35mph top speed and cut-out proof. (No euc is cut-out proof sadly.. Even when it stops working, you gonna fall.) - rest is reasonable ask.

For 14" even 25mph is plenty, at least i think.. Sure more speed, the better! But lets be reasonable. :D 

The faster it will go - the more powerful motor and bigger battery you gonna need, meaning more weight..

• Like 1

My 800wh MCM5v2 does 28mph and weighs less than 40lbs and can do 30 miles at zippity-do-da speeds. :D

Iirc one or more of the new wheels (Adventure?) is essentially cut-out proof due to sufficient margins and better firmware.

Edited by litewave
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, litewave said:

My 800wh MCM5v2 does 28mph and weighs less than 40lbs and can do 30 miles at zippity-do-da speeds. :D

Iirc one or more of the new wheels (Adventure?) is essentially cut-out proof due to sufficient margins and better firmware.

Seems like very powerful wheel - for what it has.

All different manufacturer needs to do is make modern outside shell and add waterproofing and real smart BMS.. And new, much better wheel has been made. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

But nahh.. Why would they put in time and make something small/cheap. When they can make 100lbs wheels and sell them for 4k$. The amount of time needed to make small or big wheel is about the same. So naturally they gonna keep making heavy monster. :D Also less units sold = less problems, etc.. Sell whole pizza or only slice.

27 minutes ago, Funky said:

All different manufacturer needs to do is make modern outside shell and add waterproofing and real smart BMS.. And new, much better wheel has been made. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

But nahh.. Why would they put in time and make something small/cheap. When they can make 100lbs wheels and sell them for 4k$. The amount of time needed to make small or big wheel is about the same. So naturally they gonna keep making heavy monster. :D Also less units sold = less problems, etc.. Sell whole pizza or only slice.

Lighten up - we're getting there. Even Begode is improving ....

Edited by litewave

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2023 at 8:09 AM, Funky said:

There should be more investment to reasonable-sized EUCs.

Best selling commuter wheels like v8, v10, 16x etc. last many years on the market, can be refreshed every few years as required. These new 40kg monsters only last 6 months at best on the market before another monster wheel is released and makes it obsolete, because people who buy these only want the best.

Not to mention most places have speed limits for PEV on bike paths anyway.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, aaron_syd said:

There should be more investment to reasonable-sized EUCs.

Best selling commuter wheels like v8, v10, 16x etc. last many years on the market, can be refreshed every few years as required. These new 40kg monsters only last 6 months at best on the market before another monster wheel is released and makes it obsolete, because people who buy these only want the best.

Not to mention most places have speed limits for PEV on bike paths anyway.

Preach it brother - Amen - Hallelujah.

We have gotten only 2 lightweight wheels over last 4 years.. While monsters are made almost on monthly bases. I so want a new wheel in sub ~20kg weight. ~1500W motor and ~1000Wh would be perfect, which could go about 40km/h fast at top speed.

Edited by Funky