Begode RS Bluetooth cutting out while riding

PaulRyp

Hi everyone! I was just curious to see if anyone else has had an issue with their Begode RS High Torque losing connection to bluetooth when riding? It connects just fine then will basically cut out after 30 seconds of riding. Are there any fixes to this?

• Like 1

Individual wheels can have problematic bluetooth boards.  My 18xl has one.  I have had to velcro an old phone to the shell to stay connected.  I can then track my rides with EucWorld.  You can test this by connecting to your wheel and walk away.  See how far you get from the wheel.  Some wheels are better than others.

I had an issue with my RS19 HS with weak Bluetooth connections.  I opened the wheel and moved the wires that ran overtop of the BT module to the side and I have had not further issues.

I believe the wires were cause some interference and or blocking the BT signal.

I've had 3 rides recently where EUCW just skips a load of data for what seems like a random amount of time. I have no idea why this happens, but it seems to be the case only when I have my weatherproof cover on, which covers the entire top of the machine. I wouldn't have thought one thin layer of material would make any difference, but apparently so !

Considering the board is on the right try to keep your phone on your right. If you play music in bluetooth earbuds at the same time, that might influence things. Also if you ride in a place with a lot of interference.

You can check how strong your bluetooth signal is. 

You might need to turn on the location service for it to work.