Inmotion V12 Ride Feel

Midnight Rider

I recently switched to an IM V12 HS from a KS 16X. The specs on paper appear better but I find the performance to be subpar. The V12 does not accelerate or break as fast as my 16X did. Thus I lose a lot of my agility while riding reducing my confidence. I find that I have to lean significantly more to get the wheel to respond and that I have to wait longer to accelerate than I did on my 16X. I've tried playing with the settings and noticed little difference between the off-road and commute modes.

I switched to this wheel because of the higher speed margin but if it requires me to full send like the McDonalds commercial I might need a new wheel.

Is there anyway I can customize this wheel to be as responsive as the 16X, or is this simply the personality of the wheel?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The above advices are reversed. If you feel like you need to lean too far to make it accelerate, you need the wheel to help you lean further. That happens by making the ride mode softer, not harder:

On 8/22/2023 at 10:52 PM, Midnight Rider said:

I've tried playing with the settings

Playing doesn’t help when there are so many settings to adjust. This should help in adjusting them more methodically:

The V12 is a heavier wheel than the 16X which does require more lean to make things happen. But with the correct settings you can make it much easier to accelerate and brake.

Besides, this is an aspect that does require a bit of time to get familiar with, but at the end the V12 behavior will be the new normal for you. When I got my first 18” wheel (MSX) after the 16S, I was certain that I’d have to sell the MSX exactly because of this very issue. But at some point the increased stability started to be worth more than the trouble of having to lean more. And pretty soon I had forgotten all about it.

Have some good and well positioned pads on the V12, and get the settings in order and this will surely be a non-issue in a week or two.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

I had the same issue when I moved from a 16x to a V12 HS, it took a bit of fiddling with the settings and adjusting my pads but now it feels just as smooth as the 16x.

Try the following settings;

Pedal sensitivity: 60%

Drive Mode: Commuting (Off-roading mode is way too stiff on the V12, feels terrible)
Split Ride Mode: On

Split Speeding: 55%
Split Braking: 60%

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 9/4/2023 at 9:11 PM, Frolic0415 said:

Try the following settings;

Pedal sensitivity: 60%

Drive Mode: Commuting (Off-roading mode is way too stiff on the V12, feels terrible)
Split Ride Mode: On

Split Speeding: 55%
Split Braking: 60%

I bought this wheel recently, what PSI would you recommend pumping it up to, so the nipple won't pop off (I heard it's a problem on V12)?

18 hours ago, GottaWay said:

I don't like split mode.

The Split mode adjustments aren’t all that obvious. They are neutral at around 70%, so you could try having only a little amount of Split mode assists at 50-60%. More info here:

Edited by mrelwood

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the tips everyone.

@mrelwood I found your video shortly after posting and used your "Begode medium" settings for a while. I then spent some time following the testing suggestions in the video. After I switched to your "Begode hard" settings.

@Frolic0415 I'll have to try your settings when I get my wheel back (it's currently out for repairs).

@the_deeb I still miss my 16X but I feel like the weight is the issue. I've gotten the wheel to be more responsive with the changes I've made, which was my goal, but the weight (I believe) still gives it a different ride feel when compared. I also recently got a seat which also made riding the wheel more comfortable. I'll likely stick with the wheel until I could find a good deal on a Commander Mini.

• 2 weeks later...

I do like my V12HT, but it took time to get used to it. I’m amazed that so many have got it as their first, learner wheel, it really can’t be an easy wheel to learn on imo.. I found I much prefer the softer settings…I ride with about 35% pedal stiffness. I really don’t think I’d want a heavier wheel than the V12 either. A heavy wheel would start to get impractical to live with, going up stairs, getting it in and out of a vehicle etc. A suspension wheel might be nice..but only if it’s about 30kgs

• 4 months later...
On 11/9/2023 at 7:38 PM, Frolic0415 said:

If you find the V12 heavy in comparison to the 16x, how are you going to find the 40kg Mini?

I chose a Veteran Patton instead and it's been a completely different beast. Responsive and comfortable. The weight only bothers me going up stairs and I miss the lower pedal height of non suspension wheels.