PWM Calibration and Alarms for DarknessBot

Okay, so I followed common recommendations for calibrating PWM and settings alarms on my EX30 and CP using DarknessBot on my Android phone. I followed this procedure:

- Charge wheel to 100%.

- Perform lift cutout test while watching PWM readout in the app.

- Use the PWM correction feature to adjust up or down. 

- Perform another lift test to confirm cutout at 100% PWM per readout on app.

- Adjust sound setting for PWM at 70%, 80%, and 90% to alert through my BT headset.

So, this is where my question comes in. After riding the wheel a while and hearing no alarms (fine), I stopped to do another free spin test. By this time my battery was somewhere down around 40%. Now the PWM readout showed 61% max when the wheel cutout. I suppose that makes sense since there was less available power to drive the motor. Doesn't that mean though that my wheel would have cutout before ever reaching my first alarm at 70% PWM? If true, that would defeat the purpose of the calibration and alarms. What am I missing? 

Edited by Daniel Clopton

On 7/28/2023 at 6:11 AM, Daniel Clopton said:

Okay, so I followed common recommendations for calibrating PWM and settings alarms on my EX30 and CP using DarknessBot on my Android phone. I followed this procedure:

I assume you don't use @Freewheeler's custom firmware which reports the real pwm value from the wheel? If a version for ex30nexists at all. Afaik begode wheels do not natively report real pwm?

As "real" pwm is _not_ to be calibrated. It shows 100% at cutout no matter of battery voltage.

Darknessbot (as EUC World) have (?different?) algorithms to calculate/estimate a value somewhere more or less near the pwm value for wheels not natively reporting pwm.

This (could/should?) need calibration as reported voltages and currents are not calibrated/adjusted and used in rhe algorithms.

But as you see these estimated values are only of limited use compared to real pwm.

Best to exchange yourself with other darknesbot&ex30&cp users about the putfalls, limitations and strengths of this estimation.

Darknessbot developers are afaik by now active on telegram?

There was (is?) a russian forum (airwheel.ru) were the darknessbot algorithm evolved?