Battery Door Magnet Mod for Quick Battery Changes

SuperSport

Just now, litewave said:

Its the carbon fibre wrap from eBay? I bought an inexpensive roll from China over a year ago for shelving but the adhesive was not strong and would not remain stuck in the high humidity around the corners. Is a 24"-wide roll adequate to wrap both covers? Did you prep the surface (the ninebot covers) at all? Did use a heat-gun to seal the wrap? Cheers.

I bought this from Amazon.  2' x 5'  Plenty to cover everything.  I used a hair dryer for the heat.  This vinyl has the texture of actual carbon fiber.  It's nice stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZTHTLAY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I see it's out of stock where I got it, but other vendors mention they still sell it.

@SuperSport, There are two replicas for you:
1) You have to buy a new parking. Plastic is not sufficiently stable. Rubber better.
2) You need to to remake the battery connector for quick replacement. That's what you're using is not designed for frequent use.

2 hours ago, master255 said:

@SuperSport, There are two replicas for you:
1) You have to buy a new parking. Plastic is not sufficiently stable. Rubber better.
2) You need to to remake the battery connector for quick replacement. That's what you're using is not designed for frequent use.

1.  Do you mean the Parking Stand?  I've added a couple nuts on each side so it stands out wider.  It now stays up quite well.  Photo Below.

2.  I use those same XT60 battery connectors on my Radio Controlled vehicles and have never had an issue with them yet.  Many plugs and unplugs.  But, you are right, if there IS an issue, I will land on my face here... :(

20160523_140522046_iOS.jpg

@SuperSport, 1) and then the wheel has become much wider. Additional centimeters will not protect against the reasons on which the wheel falls in the parking. For example: children, strong wind, occasional push. But now you can touch people driving past.

The pedals stick out about 4 inches past the stand, so the stand won't touch anyone.  I don't have issues with it falling over now unless it was pushed over by children.  Then they need a spanking... ;)

What is your suggestion for a better parking stand?  Do you have photos?  I just did what came to me one day and it works pretty well, but I'm open to suggestions.

15 hours ago, master255 said:

@SuperSport, I was wrong. A few days ago, I received a set of handles with parking, from the factory. They sent a plastic parking. I checked. Plastic is really more stable than rubber.
But I do not plan to wind nuts.

If it feels like it is tipping over too easily, add the wing nuts. I plan to cover them with black tape so they don't show. 

Your solution here is genious! If I ever need more distance from my NB1 Ill definately try replicating this!

also have the parking and trolley incomming and will be looking to add something to make it wider as well, the wing nuts-idea seems sufficient in the photo, so Ill probably end up doing that as well. Really enjoy these tips / modifications @SuperSport, well done :)

4 minutes ago, master255 said:

@Kimball, @SuperSport i think this solution is better. One side mounts of wheel is free and it can be used for two additional batteries. In total, three battery can give a mileage of 100 km. on a single charge.

All cargo must carry the wheel! 

It may be functional, but it straight out b%tt ugly imho :D thats why I prefer SuperSports!

@Kimball, And where will you store the battery beautiful? In the backpack? so it's even more ugly. Backpack and more heavy. I never take with me
backpack, if I travel around the city (Moskow). I think backpack is needed only for longer trips (more than 30km.)

Just now, master255 said:

@Kimball, And where will you store the battery beautiful? In the backpack? so it's even more ugly. Backpack and more heavy. I never take with me
backpack, if I travel around the city (Moskow). I think backpack is needed only for longer trips (more than 30km.)

Then its a good thing we're all different, no? :) I dont need the range for now, but if I did, Id have no problem what so ever bringing a backpack with the battery.

On 30 June 2016 at 1:17 PM, master255 said:

I'm intrigued, XT-60's have gold plated bullet connectors inside them.  @master255 what connector do you recommend that is better suited to frequent use? 

Like @SuperSport I use XT-60's on model aircraft where they are disconnected/reconnected for every single flight, never had one fail and they are pulling higher currents than on a wheel. If there is a better option I will be keen to try it?

5 hours ago, Keith said:

I'm intrigued, XT-60's have gold plated bullet connectors inside them.  @master255 what connector do you recommend that is better suited to frequent use? 

I seriously think this is a very complex question that should be answered by experienced professionals.

5 hours ago, master255 said:

If you watch the video on first post, you will see that I do carry the extra battery in the small backpack.  I only wear the backpack if I'm going on a long ride.  But, using this mod, I've done a single ride of 32.6 miles (52.46 km) on two batteries and a small top-up at Starbucks.

The PERFECT mod in my opinion is the one from 1Rad where the covers are larger and they add 2 more batteries, but unfortunately, they cannot ship to the US, or I would do this.  So, my next best option is my mod.

32.6 miles on two batteries and a small top-up charge.  We went through 12 cities and 2 counties, then rode the train back to start.  See whole trip at end of this video.

On 27. 2. 2016 at 10:14 PM, SuperSport said:

I LOVE skoro všechno o mém NineBot jeden e +, s výjimkou rozsah

Je to frustrující jet 2-3 hodiny po celou cestu do San Franciska, jen aby mohli jezdit na NineBot 10-15 mil předtím, než musím dobíjet baterie. To klade větší baterie kola (GotWay / Král Song) v bezvýchodné situaci, protože buď potřebují, aby mě tam nechat, nebo zastavit a čekat na hodinu, abych se s finančními náklady. Zatím, že jsem byl opravdu pěkný a najíme, káva, nebo cokoliv, ale vím, že by bylo hezké, aby nemusel to dělat.

S tím na mysli, jsem se rozhodl změnit dvířka prostoru pro akumulátor, takže jsem mohl dělat rychlé Výměna baterií v polovině jízdy. Ill nesou druhá v batohu, a to bude trvat asi 30 sekund, takže si nemyslím, že budu mít příliš mnoho lidí na mě naštvaná. Použil jsem neodymovými magnety vzhledem k jejich pevnosti ve srovnání s velikost. Snadno tak zjistíte těchto online.

Za prvé, potřeboval jsem, aby ji od sebe. Nikdy jsem to udělal, a já měl strach, ale je to překvapivě snadno a rychle! Jen jsem vytáhl od sebe jednu stranu. Strana s baterií. Pravá strana při jízdě jej.

Odstraňte tlapky , odstraňte světelný kroužek, vyjměte kryt baterie , vyjměte Ořez Plate, vyjměte tělo . <--- See NineBot UK Jak na videa:

IMG_2058.JPG

vrtané jsem díry v těle a v krytu baterie. vrtané I menší, než je potřeba, takže jsem musel stisknout v magnetů. Nechtěl jsem se spoléhat pouze na lepidlo držet nich na svém místě.

Zde je vnitřku těla Facing the Wheel. Ukazuje lepidlo přidán.

IMG_2044.JPG

IMG_2046.JPG

Na ven přivrácené nohu, jsem prodloužil magnety lehce tak, že by pomohlo sladit a držet krytu baterií. Při lepení magnetů na místě, je třeba nastavit hloubku obou magnetů tak, že sotva dotýkat protilehlé magnety když jsou dveře na svém místě. To zabere nějaký švindlování, ale je důležitý pro silné držení. Také si nechat Polarity správně!

IMG_2047.JPG

Opět platí, že na krytu baterií, jsem vrtané trochu malá a nastavit hloubku, aby odpovídaly protilehlé magnety.

IMG_2051.JPG

IMG_2050.JPG

Vzhledem k síle magnetů, jsem přidal kus Gorilla pásky se ohne přes sebe jako Pull popruh, aby otevřel dveře.

Také jsem řezat šroubu záložky sejmout jeho kryt.

IMG_2052.JPG

IMG_2055.JPG

Dát to všechno dohromady ujistit, aby vaše LED svítidla zapojen, takže se otáčejí správnou cestu pro vás.

IMG_2059.JPG

IMG_2060.JPG

IMG_2061.JPG

IMG_2063.JPG

StrapMagnets.JPG

Jediné části, které by měly být zbyly, jsou dva šrouby a karty můžete odříznout kryt.

IMG_2065.JPG

Pořiďte si druhou baterii a jet dvakrát tak daleko. Budu přidávat suchého zipu na obou baterií pomoci držet je na místě jako dodatečnou ochranu.

IMG_2064.JPG

IMG_2045.JPG

IMG_2048.JPG

IMG_2049.JPG

IMG_2057.JPG

no magnets, easier to stick Velcro on both sides of the battery and on the inside of the cover battery + cut socket with screws and tape for quickly removing the cover as you are done, in my opinion, would be the zips were under the lid come when I have a spare battery so it should be done just yet to buy

44 minutes ago, Ivan Jedenásty said:

no magnets, easier to stick Velcro on both sides of the battery and on the inside of the cover battery + cut socket with screws and tape for quickly removing the cover as you are done, in my opinion, would be the zips were under the lid come when I have a spare battery so it should be done just yet to buy

That may be strong enough.  I had originally started with just the Magnets, but added the Velcro as a backup just in case.

Dne 27. 2. 2016 v 10:14 hodin, SuperSport uvedl:

I LOVE Skoro Všechno o mem NineBot jeden e +, s výjimkou Rozsah

Je to frustrující Jet 2-3 hodiny po celou cestu Dělať San Franciska, Jen ABY mohli jezdit neuvádí se NineBot 10-15 mil předtím, nez musim dobíjet baterie. Chcete-li Klade Větší baterie Kola (GotWay / Král Song) v bezvýchodné situaci, protože Bud potřebují, ABY mě tam Nechat, Nebo zastavit čekat na hodinu, abych se s finančními Náklady. Zatím, zE Jsem byl opravdu pěkný najíme, káva, Nebo cokoliv, pivo vim, ze by było hezké, ABY nemusel Městě Městě Městě na Dělať.

S TIM na Myśli, jsem se rozhodl změnit dvířka prostoru pro akumulátor, takže Jsem Mohl Dělať Rychlé Výměna baterií v polovině Jízdy. Ill nesou Druhá v batohu, JE Až Bude trvat asi 30 Sekund, takže si nemyslím, ZE budu mit Příliš mnoho lidi na mě naštvaná. Použil jsem neodymovými magnety vzhledem k jejich pevnosti ve srovnani s fotopapír. Snadno Tak zjistíte těchto online.

Za prvé, potřeboval Jsem, ABY ji od sebe. Nikdy jsem to udělal, coz ja Mel Strach, pivo je to překvapivě snadno se Rychle! Jen Jsem vytáhl OD sebe jednu stranu. Strana s baterií. Pravá Stráně PRI jízdě JEJ.

Odstraňte tlapky , odstraňte Světelný kroužek, vyjměte kryt baterie , vyjměte OREZ Plate, vyjměte Tělo . <--- VIZ NineBot ve Velké Británii Jak na videa:

IMG_2058.JPG

vrtané díry Jsem v Tele AV krytu baterie. vrtané I MENSI, Nez JE potřeba, takže Jsem Musel stisknout proti magnetů. Nechtěl jsem se spoléhat Pouze na lepidlo držet Nich na svém miste.

Zde JE vnitřku Těla Facing the Wheel. Ukazuje lepidlo přidán.

IMG_2044.JPG

IMG_2046.JPG

Na ven přivrácené nohu, Jsem prodloužil magnety lehce Tak, Že by pomohlo sladit držet krytu baterií. Pri Lepení magnetů na miste, je treba NASTAVIT hloubku obou magnetů Tak, ZE sotva dotýkat protilehlé magnety KDYŽ JSOU dvere na svém miste. Pro zabere Nějaký švindlování, ALE JE důležitý pro Silné držení. Vezměte si Nechat polarity Správně!

IMG_2047.JPG

Opět Platí, ZE Na krytu baterií, Jsem vrtané Trochu malá NASTAVIT hloubku, ABY odpovídaly protilehlé magnety.

IMG_2051.JPG

IMG_2050.JPG

Vzhledem k Síle magnetů, Jsem přidal kus Gorilla pásky se ohne Přes sebe Jako Pull Popruh, ABY Otevřel dvere.

Vezměte Jsem řezat šroubu Záložky sejmout jeho kryt.

IMG_2052.JPG

IMG_2055.JPG

DAT na Všechno dohromady ujistit, ABY váza LED svítidla zapojen, takže se otáčejí správnou cestu pro VÁS.

IMG_2059.JPG

IMG_2060.JPG

IMG_2061.JPG

IMG_2063.JPG

StrapMagnets.JPG

Jedine časti, Které by Mely Byt zbyly, JSOU dva ŠROUBY karty můžete odříznout kryt.

IMG_2065.JPG

Pořiďte si druhou baterii tryskový Dvakrát Tak Daleko. Budu přidávat Suchého zipu na obou baterií POMOCI držet JE na miste Jako dodatečnou ochranu.

IMG_2064.JPG

IMG_2045.JPG

IMG_2048.JPG

IMG_2049.JPG

IMG_2057.JPG

zadne magnety, jednodušší držet suché zipy na obou Stranachu akumulátoru neuvádí se vnitrni strane krytu baterie + broušeného zásuvku POMOČI šroubů páskou pro Rychlé sejmutí krytu, Jak JE hotovo, PODLE mého názoru, by byly zipy byly lusku víkem Ve chvíli, KDY mám navíc baterie, takže Tim se Melo Být provedeno jeste ne koupit

I do not see where you put magnets on the battery cover to see just removed the handle

• 4 months later...
On 27/2/2016 at 10:14 PM, SuperSport said:

I LOVE just about everything about my NineBot One E+, except for the Range

It's frustrating to drive 2-3 hours all the way to San Francisco, just to be able to ride the NineBot 10-15 miles before I have to recharge my Battery.  This puts the larger battery wheels (GotWay/King Song) in a bind because they either need to leave me behind, or stop and wait for an hour for me to get a charge.  So far, they've been really nice and we've eaten, coffee, or whatever, but I know it would be nice to not have to do this.

With that in mind, I decided to modify the Battery Door so I could do a Quick Battery Change in the middle of the ride.  I'll carry a second one in my backpack, and this will take about 30 seconds, so I don't think I'll have too many people mad at me.  I used Neodymium Magnets due to their Strength compared to Size.  Easily find these online.

First, I needed to pull it apart.  I've never done this, and I was worried, but it's surprisingly EASY and fast!  I only pulled apart ONE side. The side with the battery.  Right Side when riding it.

Remove the Foot Pad, Remove the Light Ring, Remove Battery Cover, Remove Trim Plate, Remove Body.  <---  See NineBot UK How To Videos:

IMG_2058.JPG

I drilled holes in the Body and in the Battery Cover.  I drilled smaller than needed so I had to press in the magnets.  I didn't want to rely solely on Glue to hold these in place.

Here is the Inside of the Body Facing the Wheel.  It shows the glue added.

IMG_2044.JPG

IMG_2046.JPG

On the Outside Facing your leg, I extended the magnets slightly so it would help to align and hold the Battery Door.  When gluing the magnets in place, you need to set the depth of both magnets so that they barely touch the opposite magnets when the door is in place.  This takes some fiddling, but is important for a strong hold.  Also, get your Polarity correct!

IMG_2047.JPG

Again, on the Battery Door, I've drilled slightly small and set the depth to match the opposite magnets.

IMG_2051.JPG

IMG_2050.JPG

Due to the strength of the magnets, I added a piece of Gorilla Tape folded over on itself as a Pull Strap to open the door.

I also cut the Screw Tabs off the Cover.

IMG_2052.JPG

IMG_2055.JPG

Put it all back together making sure to get your LED lights plugged in so they rotate the correct way for you.

IMG_2059.JPG

IMG_2060.JPG

IMG_2061.JPG

IMG_2063.JPG

StrapMagnets.JPG

The ONLY parts that should be left over are the two screws and tabs you cut off the cover.

IMG_2065.JPG

Get your second battery and ride twice as far.  I will be adding Velcro to Both Batteries to help hold them in place as added protection.

IMG_2064.JPG

IMG_2045.JPG

IMG_2048.JPG

IMG_2049.JPG

IMG_2057.JPG

this one is also a good idea...

Archived