Has anyone used EUCdeals.com?

Hey, didn't want to leave you hanging, but EUC Deals is actually our new sister company. It's legit, and picking up steam fairly quickly. Some of the newer dealers and group buys out there got us to compete aggressively, and I think the EUC landscape is permanently changed because of it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alien Rides said:

EUC landscape is permanently changed because of it.

It's interesting that there are no Inmotion wheels listed. Does this inventory sometimes include Inmotion wheels?

I also like under shipping where it says "you will get your wheel eventually"...:lol:

2 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

It's interesting that there are no Inmotion wheels listed. Does this inventory sometimes include Inmotion wheels?

The group buy distributors seem to not want to deal with the complexities that come with inmotion.  
Plus their last wheel prior to the V13 was released in 2020, who knows how long they'll want to keep supporting that software that requires OTA interaction for big repairs.  

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Does this inventory sometimes include Inmotion wheels?

I think we'll try to list the occasional Inmotion wheel. The only issue there is that Inmotion is much more strict around minimum advertised price. We'd have to work with them first on a plan.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Alien Rides said:

Hey, didn't want to leave you hanging, but EUC Deals is actually our new sister company. It's legit, and picking up steam fairly quickly. Some of the newer dealers and group buys out there got us to compete aggressively, and I think the EUC landscape is permanently changed because of it.

thanks for the response. I wondered why it said on the website if I wanted a more "full service" purchase to go to alienrides.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
Just now, techyiam said:

Time will tell whether this new retail price enforcement policy will help Begode.

While many riders are all about DIY (repairs) and self-service, if manufacturers want to have a healthy warranty repair and storefront ecosystem as well as the free advertising that comes along with this ecosystem, they would be wise to ensure that their vendors are not undercut by no-service online/garage group buys.

Frankly I was surprised they allowed for this in the first place - it was pretty disrespectful to their long-standing vendors of whom many have provided massive amounts of support not just working through first batch wheel problems, but pushing fixes and other stuff behind the scenes. Anyway, I'm not trying to speak for anyone specifically in saying this, I've just seen it happen before in a related industry and was similarly not impressed.

As a chronic DIY'er I'd tend to go for the no support, bottom dollar sale option if I didn't know better. That said, I think this industry is much better off when established vendors who do a lot more than just ship product can survive and thrive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vanturion said:

That said, I think this industry is much better off when established vendors who do a lot more than just ship product can survive and thrive.

Perhaps for most manufacturers. But for Begode?

The dealers/distributors in the past have been mainly complaining that Begode release too many new models in too short a time, and too frequent hardware component revisions. This is in addition, to their legendary reputation for cutting corners, lackadaisical QC, and higher than average component failure rates.

It has got to the point that Eeevees recently decided to not to carry the Extreme Bull brand of euc's all together. They figure it isn't profitable, and not worth the trouble. Eeevees did not blame this on discounted-dealer competition.

Good point. If vendors are dropping manufacturers products essentially for reasons of predicted unprofitability that changes the equation a bit for those affected manufacturer(s). But if vendors are at that point where they feel like they can't profitably support their new products, that manufacturer may be on their way to bankruptcy regardless.

Actually that's something else I've been kinda surprised by, that vendors don't refuse to sell new models more often when they look like they might be huge headaches and money sinks to support. Then again, I don't think there is a whole lot of choice in the matter as you have to keep making sales both in order to keep the business afloat and to not lose market share to competitors.

Given the amount of support, seen and unseen, these products tend to need after a sale, I just think it's better for customers and the industry in the long run if no manufacturer allows for or supports undercutting their vendors to gin up sales in the short term. Thankfully the shopping experience with EUC vendors is nothing like at car dealerships or I'd probably have a different opinion.

5 hours ago, Vanturion said:

But if vendors are at that point where they feel like they can't profitably support their new products, that manufacturer may be on their way to bankruptcy regardless.

That is not the case with regards to Eevees as to why they are only carrying curated models.

Based on their experience, only certain models are so full of issues that constant firefighting would eat up all the profits.

The other scenario is when certain models don't sell well.

(i) For example: Commander GT. DOA. Before it was shipped, it got superseded by Commander GT Pro. This mainly affects Begode wheels.

(ii) Lemons ie. S22: They ordered boat loads of this model and couldn't sell them all at the regular price. So they had to give heavily discounts to clear them out. In addition,         Kingsong refuse to support the Dealers / Distributors fully for the resolution of the many issues with this model. Eevees had to paid out of their own pocket for what was not covered by Kingsong.

You will notice Eevees carry many Veteran models: Sherman S, Patton, Lynx and basically any future model. They found Veteran wheels to be the most reiiable.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Vanturion said:

Given the amount of support, seen and unseen, these products tend to need after a sale, I just think it's better for customers and the industry in the long run if no manufacturer allows for or supports undercutting their vendors to gin up sales in the short term.

You are making an assumption that all models are like the S22 and the Master. But this is not the case. Additionally, there are owners who can service their own wheels.

10 minutes ago, techyiam said:

That is not the case with regards to Eevees as to why they are only carrying curated models.

10 minutes ago, techyiam said:

You will notice Eevees carry many Veteran models: Sherman S, Patton, Lynx and basically any future model. They found Veteran wheels to be the most reiiable.

Hold on, are you saying that profitability and reliability have no correlation in their business decision to stock Veteran wheels over other brands? I don't see how what I said isn't a reasonable summary of the situation.

Anyway, you seem to be much better informed on the specifics there--my main point was that MAP enforcement should be seen as generally a good thing because it keeps vendors alive by providing an environment of fair competition which has many ancillary benefits even if you're DIY repair inclined.

5 minutes ago, techyiam said:

You are making an assumption that all models are like the S22 and the Master. But this is not the case. Additionally, there are owners who can service their own wheels.

I never said that. I mean if you want to talk batch production issues, why stop with those 2 models anyway? We both know I could generate a much longer list for models that have had notable warranty issues. It doesn't seem like you read my first comment either. I brought up DIY repair twice even, it's even my preference.

Off the top of my head, some other benefits manufacturer's enjoy besides free advertising (which is huge btw) by not deliberately undercutting their regional vendors:

• Aggregated/streamlined feedback for follow-up production runs
  • Pre-production scrutiny from a repair/warranty/support-focused POV, more opportunity to catch issues that may not be caught or supplied by reviewer crash dummies
  • Goes along with advertising, but having established vendors allows opportunities for race sponsorship that helps bring hype and a kind of competition on performance between manufacturer's that wouldn't otherwise exist
  • The possibility to support recalls - example, fire-prone 900wh battery replacement

This is more an ethics judgment, but if your vendors have supported your products for years helping expand your sales and manufacturing business, generally I think it's a negative/disrespectful thing to undercut their profit margin by selling wheels at a price they couldn't afford to stay in business at. Personally I'd like to see less ruthless transactional/corporate sociopathic behavior in the world.

But anyway I think we're either talking about the same thing from different perspectives or not quite talking about the same thing. My argument is exclusively from the POV of direct online sales undercutting vendor's profit margins regardless of the manufacturer. It doesn't sound like this applies to what you've said with Eevees as MAP doesn't matter if they've justifiably dropped entire product lines.

Good to know about Veteran's reliability. I always kind of assumed the early Sherman models were pretty bullet proof due to the lack of drama surrounding the brand.

Edited by Vanturion
  • Like 1