EUC design first priority should be size and weight.

dongsoola

Ok. Current trend of big EUC that looks like some kind of gas tank has to stop.

I know this is because people want to be in the traffic with cars, but let me explain to u why this is not a good idea.

First of all I enjoy fast speed too.

I want an EUC that can go 50mph.

but what I am saying is if it gets bigger like what we have now? I would rather use my v5f.

In other words, the extra speed is good but it should never increase the weight and size of an EUC that much.

And please be reminded I would normally ride my EUC under 15mph even if my EUC can do 50mph.

To travel at speed over 15mph, u need full armored protection, full concentration on the road ahead, otherwise its very easy to lose controll, fall and body skid on the road. and if there r cars, if they cant stop, they will go over u.

In my opinion any EUC is too dangerous to ride over 15mph. Fundamentally EUC has just one wheel. If that one wheel get into any cracks, sudden bump on road, any tree branches sticking out hit it, there is nothing that can stop it from going wrong direction and  when that happends its so easy to fall WITHOUT THE RIDER HAVING ANY CONTROL!!

Only controllable fall u can do on EUC is when u r going at less than like 5mph. At this very slow speed, I manytimes watch phone, even type while I am going, but in any speed over that, u r likely to fall in various ways without any control.

BTW 15mph is like the maximum speed for an adult man like me. For children, it should be less.

Some would say what r u talking about?  I ride at 30mph everyday.

but I tell u U WILL FALL SOMEDAY and u never know its going to be ur head, hip, elbow or hand, shoulder. U have no control when u fall from an EUC.

Then why do I want a fast EUC if I am gonna cruise at 15mph?  Sometimes wind slow u down a lot, faster EUC gives u better acceleration. I might even go at 50mph if the road is new and  in perfect condition without any cars.

But I would never get big chunky heavy EUC just for speed.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, UPONIT said:

Many, if not all, of the topics you list have been discussed at great length here in these forums. They are completely figured out and settled. :D

But there is one point that begs for commentary. Ok. So... you're talking safety and caution, nobody needs big wheels because you don't... yadda yadda yadda... and then, in a completely irrational breakdown of self-awareness, internal consistency and basic logic:  many times watch phone, even type while I am going

Ummm..... IMVHO, if you type on your phone at all, at any speed, while riding an EUC, (or any mode of transit which you are operating, for that matter) you are... (what's the phrase I'm looking for?)

Asking for the universe to curb stomp you. 

And you are a bad person.

If it's that important, pull over. Multi-tasking is not a thing. Do all the preventable damage to yourself you want. Go nuts. But think about the poor driver you dash in front of who runs you over and kills you. Their day is really gonna suck because of you.

Texting is for stationary humans.

End of rant. Live long and prosper.

:huh:

----------------------------------------------

PS-- @Funky Is this you? :D

Oh.. so u never watch ur phone while walking.?  Well, I do. 

I do lots of things while riding EUC at slow speed. Watch phone, dry wet clothing, smoke .. just everything u can do while walking.

Maybe u r the driver who honked me when I was riding on far right side of the road while recording myself with my phone today.   Haha.  No worries. I am in much better control than u think.

I fell from EUC about two three times while watching the phone going at very slow speed because of sudden deep bump and cracks on road.

It was nothing. I was standing tall after.

I see no reason not to do this.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Bizra6ot said:

We, euc companies, have read your request with great consideration taking into account your four months experience in the euc world and would like to inform you that everything will be done as soon as possible.

Best regards, Begode Leaperkim Inmotion & Kingsong.

Haha. I feel sorry to EUC companies but think about how bad it would be if they realize this after another 20 years after many accidents etc..

I am doing something good for all the companies and for human kind. 

What if because of this wrong trend, the world failed to transfer to EUC age from car age? And because of increase in co2 etc, the earth end up nuke war and this planet dissappears?

haha

• Like 1

I don't think EUC's will ever be mainstream because of human nature. The learning curve is too much for most people. Only a few of us ever have the desire to learn and catch EUC fever long enough for riding to become effortless and fun. I need at least a 16" wheel because of my height, but I prefer an 18" Z10, it's perfect for me and my needs. And the weight is just right for me. We can't have nuclear war because we are living in a simulation and every time an end game scenario is inevitable, the simulation goes back in time and self corrects.

I want an EUC to be small so it feels squirly under my feet i can take it on the bus, what's that? I can't take it on the bus anymore? Or the train either?or any public transportation? Ohh ..right, because of the lithium ion batteries.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, earthtwin said:

I don't think EUC's will ever be mainstream because of human nature. The learning curve is too much for most people. Only a few of us ever have the desire to learn and catch EUC fever long enough for riding to become effortless and fun. I need at least a 16" wheel because of my height, but I prefer an 18" Z10, it's perfect for me and my needs. And the weight is just right for me. We can't have nuclear war because we are living in a simulation and every time an end game scenario is inevitable, the simulation goes back in time and self corrects.

Yeah.. learning curve. But how is it compared to our common education system where u have to learn for 12 years.. manytimes more than 16 years ?

How is it compared to learing to drive cars? Or bicycle?

People actually go for whatever cheaper.  Thats how it has been for million years. Cars are much more costly and more dangerous. 

Actually we dont need to worry about how things will evolve, it will eventually go in the direction of "the way".

I just wanna make the evolution faster by letting people and companies realize fast speed can never be a normal crusing speed for EUC.

I think they should put more effort in making technically advanced small EUCs. Advanced features like swappable battery packs that u can take on airplane,  miniturizing and lightening suspensions, fail safe battey system for small EUCs will attract more general public.

If there is a way to prevent EUC from suddenly going unintended direction  when met with long uneven cracks on the road, it will be really big improvement.

If u think gas tank looking Big EUCs r something nice. Sure. its ur life. Haha.  General public,however, by pure instinct alone without any experience, will never think its safe. They just know it by instinct.

I rode this thing enough, however, to analyze this vehicle, to tell u that EUC made for high speed crusing just is not safe even if u r a top athlete who can do 50 flips.

High speed EUCs r like motor cross bike? where young people risking their body and life to enjoy thrills, but its too dangerous and I will never recomend it to anyone.

Edited by dongsoo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, dongsoo said:

People actually go for whatever cheaper.

No they don't. People save up for nice things that they really really want, like expensive EUC's. I will have to save up for 2 years to buy another one if I wanted another one, but I'm happy with the 2 that I have, and I broke my V10F by being careless.

Yeah.. learning curve. But how is it compared to our common education system where u have to learn for 12 years.. manytimes more than 16 years ?

That depends on your nationality and the personal choices you and your family decide.

If u think gas tank looking Big EUCs r something nice. Sure. its ur life. Haha.  General public,however, by pure instinct alone without any experience, will never think its safe. They just know it by instinct.

That's a good point, the V13 certainly looks like a powerful device that might not belong on a walking/biking trail, while at the same time too dangerous for traffic. I would be concerned about getting an expensive ticket if I rode it in Denver like Chooch does.

You have a lot of zeal, and I don't think you are a troll, but I don't agree about all of your rules for riding. I know that I'm going to be held to a strict account in my city if I get into an accident, so I am very careful about giving pedestrians especially their entitled right of way.

• Like 3

Money drives development. The manufacturers can't earn much on V5 style wheels so they focus on other stuff.

The good news is that when one of them notices that they haven't made a portable wheel in a while they will update the lineup. That's when people like the OP and me get a chance to get a dream wheel. Portable but up to modern standards.

Don't worry. It's just a matter of time.

Someone looking for a V8 VW Golf shouldn't be pissed off at every other model car that gets launched. 

I think that one reason why we don't have these wheels is that older wheels have already made good progress in portability and they're hard to beat. Like the MSX, or Tesla V1/2, MCM5, KS16X, V8F. Most of these are powerful, and very lightweight.

Projection of any kind, let alone based on one’s own insecurities, is a terrible basis for change.

Any vehicle in the hands of someone ill-equipped to operate it, is dangerous. Your discomfort going over 15 on an EUC is a “you” thing, not an “everyone” thing. Comfort of weight of an EUC is also relative to the rider and not a problem for everyone. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

EUC's primary goal must be "easy to maintain". Now, the wheels must be assembled to the last detail to replace broken parts. Something as simple as changing a tire can become an absolute nightmare. 
Then when the work is done, the plastic has lost its shape and elasticity, so you have to use tape or glue to hold the plastic parts in place. Another priority is weather protection. It must be better.
We can start talking about speed and range when manufacturers realise these needs.
Drive safe out there. :thumbup:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1