KS-16X vibrating like crazy and blew fuse

TimmyFPV

6 hours ago, TimmyFPV said:

I have reached out to him and was at his shop... and I will not bring my wheel to him. He basically said that he would not look at my wheel at all cause it would be too dangerous. He said that it probably would be best for me to buy a completely new wheel. He just said that the batteries was causing the wheel to go bananas because the connector was burned off. From my experience I have never seen a battery that is at OK voltage make a controller go crazy like in this case. 

He is maybe right, I don't know but I won't give away any of my things to repair I rather buy new things than someone else repairing my stuff. And he won't help me with anything without me paying like 100 dollars . I have also heard people have real good experience with him so maybe he is nice to some people.

Hmm, that isn't good and by that I mean the following. He works on dozens, maybe hundreds of wheels a year. You have to assume that he has experiences that you don't have. If he is saying he won't work on it and suggests a new wheel, I think you may be well served by that advice. At bare minimum you do not want that wheel in any part of your home. Maybe you can find someone else locally to give a second opinion, in any event take the threat of a battery problem seriously.

Best wishes.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Roadpower said:

Hmm, that isn't good and by that I mean the following. He works on dozens, maybe hundreds of wheels a year. You have to assume that he has experiences that you don't have. If he is saying he won't work on it and suggests a new wheel, I think you may be well served by that advice. At bare minimum you do not want that wheel in any part of your home. Maybe you can find someone else locally to give a second opinion, in any event take the threat of a battery problem seriously.

Best wishes.

I won't continue the discussion about him... Don't want any trouble, but i am not alone having trouble with him 🙂.

Thanks for all the advice guys! Much appreciated. I found a really nice guy in Sweden that could help me further, I'll let you know what the issue was later when I have fixed the wheel. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TimmyFPV said:

I won't continue the discussion about him... Don't want any trouble, but i am not alone having trouble with him 🙂.

Thanks for all the advice guys! Much appreciated. I found a really nice guy in Sweden that could help me further, I'll let you know what the issue was later when I have fixed the wheel. 

Understood, I hope it all works out for you!

I'm not up to date on your issue.

Try a single pack first. 

Then try that same pack on the other battery input.

Then the other pack, alone. Both inputs.

Take notes. Did both inputs work? Do both packs work?

After all of that you can compare the packs' voltages (in the app, connected individually). The lower of the two needs to be charged to within 0.5v of the other. Connect it (alone) to the wheel and charge normally. Set a timer, come back and check the new charge level (with the charger disconnected).

If it's almost the same as the other pack then proceed to connect them both.

Replace burned battery connectors. Always be careful when working on a battery. A disconnected board isn't dangerous if the capacitors have been discharged (power on the wheel after disconnecting the packs).

Edited by alcatraz
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I tried putting EVERYTHING back toghether and it seems that the lacking weight of two batteries was the issue here... Everything powered up as it should of have done and worked. Tho i only tried it in soft mode instead of hard mode (Maybe that has som effect)? 

Now i am charging one pack and then i am going to charge the other side/pack of the wheel and then try to plug everything together again... Hope the batteries are fine so everything is fine 🙃

When i have charged everything i am going for a soft ride to make sure everything works properly and then check all the fuses and leads 🙂. Thanks for your help!

10 hours ago, TimmyFPV said:

Now i am charging one pack and then i am going to charge the other side/pack of the wheel and then try to plug everything together again... Hope the batteries are fine so everything is fine

after charging each side individually and reassembling all, I'd also take the extra step of charging again just for an hour or so if the light shows green. That way you should have confidence that the batteries really are balanced.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i think i forgot to respond hehe. 

I did charge both battery packs up and then after doing that connected them both and charged for an hour or so extra. 

Science then i haven't had any problems at all and i have done about 200-300km of riding. Solid as before and i could keep the wheel at 50km/h for about 25km without any problems at all.... After that i needed to stop cause i had arrived at the destination.

And thanks to @supercurio for his help. (It was he that telled me that the battery weight could be problem.)

Edited by TimmyFPV
  • Upvote 1