Experiencing first pedal dip/overlean.

Funky

3 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Edit: I tried to search for confirmation for the 45km/h speed on the V10F, but it seems that it was actually a feature that could only be unlocked with the DarknessBot app. I recall my friend having found that the unlock would be lowered to 40km/h with some settings.

The original V8 could have max speed increased with DarknessBot app, but not V8F. 

Still 18L at 4000 watts peak, V10F at 2750 watts peak, less margin at 28 mph, even if it could be unlocked on the V10F.

25 minutes ago, rcgldr said:

Still 18L at 4000 watts peak, V10F at 2750 watts peak, less margin at 28 mph, even if it could be unlocked on the V10F.

Yes? The tire diameter difference should make the practical difference in peak balancing force smaller though.

Maybe it's a gyro symptom and has nothing to do with power. That's what I was getting at with my earlier post. 

The wheel thinks the pedals are level but all that shaking for a few seconds screws up the gyro's baseline angle.

4 hours ago, rcgldr said:

4 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Yes? The tire diameter difference should make the practical difference in peak balancing force smaller though.

The smaller diameter involves less force (torque), but requires greater rpm for the same speed (in this case the 28 mph you mentioned), so the issue is peak balancing power.

3 hours ago, rcgldr said:

The smaller diameter involves less force (torque), but requires greater rpm for the same speed (in this case the 28 mph you mentioned), so the issue is peak balancing power.

True, to which the motor’s kv rating plays a role as well.

I wish we knew 18L’s and V10F’s free spin speed. It would help assessing their power ranges.