S22 Pro or Patton?

Hello and welcome to the forum! It's nice that you used an existing topic, but as it was about S22 vs. the Sherman Max, I split this off into its own separate topic.

As for the question: the Patton is really really nice, but the S22 Pro isn't exactly bad either! Would you prefer the smaller tire of the Patton (more torque, more maneuverability) or the bigger tire of the S22 (more stability I guess)?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Personally, I prefer the Patton. A smaller tire is more fun and less unwieldy.

This Patton review convinced me. He mentions how nice it is to have a more lively wheel compared to the regular 20 inch tire wheels (and you already have one of these, the S18).

• Like 1

I went patton as well, should be delivered 2day knock on wood.  Lots of S22 owners in my neck of the woods and tons of problems.  I like to ride more than work on my wheels, went with what I hope is a very reliable wheel.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Rich Sam said:

Lots of S22 owners in my neck of the woods and tons of problems.

EUC Way of Life (Casey) recently bought an Anniversary Gold S22 Pro and with about 300 miles on it now, and has been experiencing some undetermined,  potentially serious problems since about the 100 miles mark. The symptoms have been progressively gotten worse,

He pointed out that he is aware of two other Gold S22 Pro's that have similar symptoms. I heard that Kingsong didn't make that big a batch for this Gold Anniversary  model. Hence, there is a fair chance that his S22 Pro is not an outlier. 

Wow, after waited so long for this late batch and is still getting these issues is disappointing to say the least. 

The Patton may just end up standing pretty all by its lonesome unless the Commander Mini and the Extreme turn out to be quality units too. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

The Patton may just end up standing pretty all by its lonesome unless the Commander Mini and the Extreme turn out to be quality units too. :)

I’ve taken the patton out for a brief ride. Really liked this wheel, very powerful and nimble, super torquey. I also was with a riding buddy that had a commander mini to test. Holy crap that wheel is fast and also nimble. He got it up to 85km when it started beeping. We were riding with the patton as well. It seems like the cp mini is a bit faster and has more power, the patton has better suspension and probably more robust. Both are extremely impressive wheels. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hellkitten said:

I’ve taken the patton out for a brief ride. Really liked this wheel, very powerful and nimble, super torquey. I also was with a riding buddy that had a commander mini to test. Holy crap that wheel is fast and also nimble. He got it up to 85km when it started beeping. We were riding with the patton as well. It seems like the cp mini is a bit faster and has more power, the patton has better suspension and probably more robust. Both are extremely impressive wheels. 

Holy Moly, that's really good to hear. Dawn Champion gave a quick thumbs up on first impressions too.

2023 is turning out to be a pretty good year for buying electric wheels, especially if you don't mind 85+ lbs wheels. I test rode the Patton, and I didn't mind the 90 lbs one bit while riding.

• Like 2

On 6/29/2023 at 1:05 PM, techyiam said:

He pointed out that he is aware of two other Gold S22 Pro's that have similar symptoms. I heard that Kingsong didn't make that big a batch for this Gold Anniversary  model. Hence, there is a fair chance that his S22 Pro is not an outlier. 

Wow, after waited so long for this late batch and is still getting these issues is disappointing to say the least. 

As it turns out, the culprit was just due to a sticker on the motor cover peeling off.

Hard to believe, but Casey confirms that his Gold S22 Pro doesn't have the issue anymore after removing the sticker.

According to Eevees, they are not aware any issues so far with the S22 Pro, Gold or not.

Edited by techyiam

• 1 month later...
On 7/3/2023 at 2:25 PM, techyiam said:

As it turns out, the culprit was just due to a sticker on the motor cover peeling off.

Hard to believe, but Casey confirms that his Gold S22 Pro doesn't have the issue anymore after removing the sticker.

According to Eevees, they are not aware any issues so far with the S22 Pro, Gold or not.

I have one of the first s22 pro/gold and have 0 problems even after a lot of heavy crashes and easily 4000+km of heavy mud/sand off-roading, many jumps, opened it up to see the rollers and they be dirty but fine otherwise. Only thing I have is a crack in the kickstand after clipping it on steep stairs and crashing 4m downstairs.

maybe I'm just lucky tho :p

but that being said, If I was a new buyer rn, I'd wait with chosing a euc until there is a clear winner of the new euc-suspension war between the patton/extreme/adventure :/

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Changed preorder from S22 Pro to Patton, as it seems more problem free wheel, then S22. No Begode for me, sorry. Inmotion Adventure... well, knowing Inmotion and hes v12 "success" at the start, we'll need long time until they make it rideable and safe :)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hellkitten said:

I’ve tried the patton, s22, extreme now. I’d pick the patton. Not that all those wheels are exactly comparable, but it’s easily my favourite. 

Very interesting. If you don't mind sharing, can you provide more details as to why the Patton is easily your favourite over the Extreme? Thanks.

@techyiam The patton has more torque which makes for better braking, acceleration and generally rolling over things. Suspension is much better. Qc seems to be higher. 

The extreme’s current software leaves something to be desired……….  
It’s a decent wheel overall, would have been fantastic a year ago. For the price point difference it doesn’t offer enough. I have zero brand loyalty on any of these manufacturers and own wheels from every one of them. That’s just my opinion as well. There are reviews coming………..

• Like 3