What to do in a crash

On 1/23/2024 at 3:06 AM, The Brahan Seer said:

The caption at the start of the vlog says none of this is real. So it might be incredibly good vfx. Certainly looks real and is a good example of how we wish we could fall even if in reality the odds of pulling it off might be difficult.

I wonder if they said that as a tongue-in-cheek way of making a disclaimer: "Your honor, we weren't actually going that fast, it was all CGI!"

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Brahan Seer said:

Full face helmet.  Always full face helmet.  Wear full face helmet always.  Full face or no face.  Repeat:

Full face helmet.  Alw......

Edited by Robse
  • Like 2

What to do before, during and after a crash?

Before - Wear appropriate gear to protect yourself.

During - This will happen so fast, you won't see it coming faster than you can emergency pee.

After - You wish you had your protective gear if you're still conscious.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Scubadragonsan said:

What to do before, during and after a crash?

Before - Wear appropriate gear to protect yourself.

During - This will happen so fast, you won't see it coming faster than you can emergency pee.

After - You wish you had your protective gear if you're still conscious.

And you'll wish you'd worn a full face helmet when you're fumbling around looking for your lower jaw and teeth. Yes, I am an ambassador for wearing a full face helmet, I confess it. Bicycle helmets and the like are useless junk.

• Like 3

I only post these crashes to show the other side to new riders and what it looks like. We all talk about wearing the gear and this explains why and how common it happens.

They can have real consequences sometimes. It would be interesting to know what percentage of riders experience serious injury/ broken bones over say different time spans and in different age groups.

Safe rides everyone!

• Like 1