begode app & how to not die

I just replaced my motherboard on my rs19hs and all settings obviously reverted to default. 

I downloaded the begode app and am a bit confused on how to configure parameters. 

first of all I disabled the level 1 & level 2 alarms. Is there still a level 3 alarm that cant be disabled?

maximum speed reminder: is this going to "remind" me with a tiltback?

power alarm: this is asking me for a %, I dont remember what the default is or what I had before.

Ideally I just want it to tiltback on me at my max speed, or at a certain dangerous power %. I couldn't really care less about alarms because I can't always hear them anyways. I used to have it set to 42mph, on this app I cant choose 42 so I picked 43. What would happen if you picked 50 or something crazy (which it does allow you to select). Would you just accelerate up to your death with no tiltback? 

what does mode setting do?

Thanks!

Screenshot_20230611-125443.jpg

Download the EUC World app and install one of the dynamic tiltback firmware for the RS19. Then you can configure it to the safety margin % you want it to tiltback at. 

The tiltback will occur at different speeds depending on battery charge % and power used from the wheel. 

it is good to have a little safety margin so the wheel doesn't cut out and put you on your face. 

You can also turn off all the alarms so the wheel will not beep at you and all you will get it is the tiltback.  You can also turn the beeper volume down so you can barely hear it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Magman116 said:

Download the EUC World app and install one of the dynamic tiltback firmware for the RS19. Then you can configure it to the safety margin % you want it to tiltback at. 

More info to be found at 

31 minutes ago, Kevin Johnson said:

Ideally I just want it to tiltback on me at my max speed, or at a certain dangerous power %. I couldn't really care less about alarms because I can't always hear them anyways. I used to have it set to 42mph, on this app I cant choose 42 so I picked 43. What would happen if you picked 50 or something crazy (which it does allow you to select). Would you just accelerate up to your death with no tiltback?

Max speed tiltback setting is "very relative" - the tiltback happens at some fixed speed setting, but does not consider battery voltage, burden, etc. So it is a very restricted safety setting - with enough burden as incline, acceleration, headwind, etc an overlean can happen anytime before some tilt back at the set max speed occurs.

For this the power % setting helps - but it only alarms by beeps. 100% means overlean, 0% is no load/burden.

@Freestyler's modded firmware, available through for example euc world tilts back at some fixed (?for some models/firmware versions settable percentage?) power percentage - so this should be what you are looking for.

Afaik unfortionately @Freestylerdoes not maintain this modded firmwares anymore as he had a severe accident around february and is ?in recovery/ stopped riding?.

For much more detailed information on this power %, inverter load, duty cycle percentage and overlean you can take a look at https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/7855-anatomy-of-an-overlean/

Edited by Chriull
  • Upvote 1

Timely thread. I cannot figure out how to adjust things so my alarm stops going off at 20 mph. I have increased things in the Begode app but nothing seems to work. I’m not young enough to be a “ride the beeps” guy. Once I exited my early 20’s hitting pavement felt physics-defyingly painful. I am on iOS so EUC World is not an option. I have Darkness Bot but it doesn’t always want to connect right away.

Edit: I was able to fix this after a suggestion from Eric at eWheels. He said to set the Power Alarm around 80% and disable the Level 2 alarm in the Begode app. I have no idea what either of those things do, specifically, but it worked. Thought I would circle back to this just in case someone else was having the same issue.

Edited by TheNotoriousEUC