Brand new MCM5 v2 won’t turn on

So, I just received my first EUC today. Out of the box everything appeared fine, that is until I tried to turn the EUC on. There appears to be no charge. To my understanding they ship with a bit of a charge, but as with anything sometimes stuff happens. I was going to charge it for a few hours and try again; however, the light on the battery pack was green when plugged in to the EUC. I am unsure if that indicator light is for the charge of the battery on the EUC or to tell us the charger has sufficient current. I really need help. I want to attempt to charge it for a few hours but if it’s already charged I don’t want it sitting on the charger as that could cause it’s own problems. Help me please! 

• Like 1

So, for clarity, this is a brand new MCM5 and you are pressing and holding the on button briefly, and nothing is happening at all  ? No beeps, lights or anything ? The green light when you plug it in does indeed indicate a full pack, and if it was charging it would have gone red as you assumed.

Edited by Cerbera

Correct. No beeps, lights, fan sounds, nothing. I’ve tried pressing the power button briefly, and I’ve tried holding it. It’s currently on charge and has been so for about a hour now (against my better judgement). 

48 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

does indeed indicate a full pack

Well it could be full, but also it could be not taking a charge because it's too low, damaged, or just missing entirely, the light doesn't really let you distinguish.

Edited by chanman
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, chanman said:

Well it could be full, but also it could be not taking a charge because it's too low, damaged, or just missing entirely, the light doesn't really let you distinguish.

What would I do if it were either not taking a charge, damaged or just missing entirety? I bought it from EUCO in the US. I’m pretty sure I just registered it, so it should be under warranty.

18 minutes ago, ThomasB said:

What would I do if it were either not taking a charge, damaged or just missing entirety? I bought it from EUCO in the US. I’m pretty sure I just registered it, so it should be under warranty.

You would contact Euco and tell them your machine is dead on arrival. If they are a good dealer, and it is indeed under warranty, then you should be able to ask them to send another one, which they will do, but you may have to send the old one back first.

Ohh some send the EUC with disconnected batteries also. Maybe it's the case? You could ask the seller if the wheel was working in store first. Or maybe the battery pack was disconnected before sending.. Ask the seller.

1 minute ago, Cerbera said:

Does the MCM5 have that second button ?

Some kind lift switch it should have..

Edited by Funky

4 minutes ago, Funky said:

Just for kicks try it... Maybe small models don't show any life in transport mode.

I’ve tried the unlock, admittedly i might have messed up. I’ll watch the video and apply what’s being shown if appropriate.

Any case you should remove the charger.. 1 hr was enough time to get "some" charge already.. If it's damaged (batteries) look out for fire. (Just a friendly warning.)

I would place it somewhere "fire safe" over night just in case.. As you did try charging it..

And welcome to the hell - that's when euc is not working as it should. :D 

Edited by Funky

9 minutes ago, Funky said:

Or maybe the battery pack was disconnected before sending.. Ask the seller.

I’ve just emailed them about this. I was already in connection with one of their representatives due to a shipping issue, so it shouldn’t be to long that I’ll have to wait for a response.

I tried the unlock method on the card that came with it. Still did nothing. Waiting on a reply from the rep at EUCO on whether or not they disconnect the batteries.

#Issue Resolved… Apparently I just needed to charge it for a total of 7hrs. 

image.jpg

Edited by ThomasB