S22 options for motor replacement

Duf

My S22 was one of the first batch with the stator issue, I bought it from Ray who as far as I know has exited the EUC business at this point.  Yesterday I started hearing some knocking when I leaned to one side which makes me think the stator could possibly be going bad.  I am thinking my only option is to try to buy one of the newer motors but I'm not sure where.  I have an email in with Jason but have not heard back yet.  Since I did not buy the S22 from him I'm not sure what sort of options I will have there.  Any suggestions would be welcomed, thanks.

I would contact KS directly if you can, or via Jason (as you have), explain the situation to them, and see what they say. I think that if you are excessively nice about it, there is some chance they might agree to just provide you with the replacement motor ! I'm not sure what the exact extent of their legal responsibilities are regarding when and where you got the wheel, but I would hope they would feel some sense of responsibility towards you. I don't have any experience with KS, but it is not unknown for Begode to take pity on customers with problems and help them out, even when they strictly speaking might not have to....

2 hours ago, Duf said:

My S22 was one of the first batch with the stator issue, I bought it from Ray who as far as I know has exited the EUC business at this point.  Yesterday I started hearing some knocking when I leaned to one side which makes me think the stator could possibly be going bad.  I am thinking my only option is to try to buy one of the newer motors but I'm not sure where.  I have an email in with Jason but have not heard back yet.  Since I did not buy the S22 from him I'm not sure what sort of options I will have there.  Any suggestions would be welcomed, thanks.

Hi Duf,

I also got my s22 from Ray, Revrides is honoring Ray’s s22 motor replacement. Email Revrides and tell them you got it from Ray with a screenshot of your motor number with the QR code. (Sticker). It was while supply last, hopefully they still have some in stock.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2023 at 12:02 PM, Cerbera said:

I would contact KS directly if you can, or via Jason (as you have), explain the situation to them, and see what they say. I think that if you are excessively nice about it, there is some chance they might agree to just provide you with the replacement motor ! I'm not sure what the exact extent of their legal responsibilities are regarding when and where you got the wheel, but I would hope they would feel some sense of responsibility towards you. I don't have any experience with KS, but it is not unknown for Begode to take pity on customers with problems and help them out, even when they strictly speaking might not have to....

I have a fully functional batch 1 DIY pinned motor I can sell you if you are interested. 

If you are looking to upgrade to the newest 4000 watt motors, I think the guy that sells the good roller kits can also sell you a new motor. 

Edit: Oops I meant to quote Duf. 

Edited by NErider
Misquote