Road trip on a V11

Knight Rider

I'm planning a road trip 38.1 miles and back again which is another 38.1 miles coming back, and I'm doing it on my V11 brand spanking new. Can I get away with doing this or will I run out of power before making journey to destination?

• Like 1

If this was a ride through consistently urban areas, where you can't really get into much trouble that a taxi couldn't easily rescue you from, then I would be less cautious, but if your journey is more cross country, or takes you on wild, remote trails that are hard for anyone to access, or that would be a nightmare for you to push an unpowered wheel out of, then I'd want to be very certain I knew what the viable range of my machine was before attempting such things...

• Like 1

Make sure you take the strength and the direction of the wind on the day of your trip into account too. I once didnt do that and as a result had to push my wheel two miles and still missed my train and had to wait two hours for the next one, on the bleakest and most desolate train station in Germany. 

Also my EUC trips always take way, way longer than planned. I am usually pretty good at estimating speed and time but I consistently fail at that with my EUC trips and I have no idea why.

14 hours ago, Knight Rider said:

What's the farthest anyone's ever gone on a V11?

Probably, the inmotion's own test procedure, 120km, at the temperature of 25 Celcius, about 20km/h, the payload of 70kg and flat pavement. Your mileage will vary.

• Upvote 1

On 5/22/2023 at 3:49 AM, Knight Rider said:

will I run out of power

You most certainly will. For my 105kg weight the V11 is a 55km wheel in the summer, and 40km in the winter.

• Like 1