PWM on EUC World changing with battery level

When setting the safety margin to 15%, I get a warning from the app before I get the final beeps from the wheel. However, once the battery gets to about 50%, the wheel starts beeping before the app. This has me worried that as the battery gets even lower, I can no longer rely on the in-app PWM warning. What is the cause of this, and is there anything I can do?

On 5/22/2023 at 2:35 AM, ursi said:

When setting the safety margin to 15%, I get a warning from the app before I get the final beeps from the wheel. However, once the battery gets to about 50%, the wheel starts beeping before the app. This has me worried that as the battery gets even lower, I can no longer rely on the in-app PWM warning. What is the cause of this, and is there anything I can do?

Safety margin alarm is an EUC World alarm and is not related to wheel beep. Wheel firmware may have its own alarm algorithm. More, it's possible that in fact you're getting dynamic speed limit beep that is very loosely related to safety margin. As battery gets lower, dynamic speed limit goes lower too, so beep does. This is normal in KS wheels (and many other wheels that has speed capped as the battery level drops). Please keep in mind that standard S18 is not a high-torque wheel. Unless you have a Molicell P42 based battery, you should avoid any agressive riding style.

• Upvote 1

My bad, I made my account a while ago and hadn't touched it for a long time. I have a Begode Hero now. It seems the answer is that EUC World does it's best to guess the PWM, but doesn't get the exact value the wheel uses internally unless using Freestyler's custom firmware.

1 hour ago, ursi said:

My bad, I made my account a while ago and hadn't touched it for a long time. I have a Begode Hero now. It seems the answer is that EUC World does it's best to guess the PWM, but doesn't get the exact value the wheel uses internally unless using Freestyler's custom firmware.

You're right - unless you have a custom firmware, there's no way to get real PWM from the wheel. By default EUC World adds some additional safety margin to its calculation, so as long as you set reasonable alarm threshold, battery variations shouldn't affect alarm in a considerable way. Setting of 15 % should be safe in most cases. Of course you can calibrate safety margin algorithm in wheel advanced settings menu.