Sherman s new rider

CDINPHX

Just got back in from another ride. Did 30kms of trails. Well 20kms of actual trails. Loving the tyre, if your thinking about the Shinko just do it  yeah I’m a sucker for punishment, had to get the noood flowing into the muscles  

You can  actually manoeuvre the wheel at high speeds without throwing your weight around. Well tou still have to put some oomph behind it, but not nearly as much as before. I’m able to carve at 45-55kms well as well as anyone can carve at those speeds. 

tyre eats up roots, mud, sand, and whatever I throw at it. It it baheaves extremely well on asphalt. I dare say this would be my go to motorcycle tyre as well. thoroughly impressed.  

having owned the wheel for less 2 months I’m so far along in the journey and beyond even where I thought I’d be. I can’t say enough good about this activity. It’s a workout when you ride aggressively and are flicking the wheel back and forth as your using your core to manipulate everything your doing.  Legs get a good work out as well with all the bumps, dips,jumps and from being in a hack squat(off road), on road your more locked out but loose, maybe 5-10% bend just enough so they are not locked.  Even your upper body gets a workout with all the flailing around haha trying to keep your balance after you slip off a root and get tossed sideways. 

now to try and incorporate this into my archery. Need to find a horse bow and try to archery at the range on a day when nobody is there. Haha. Could be entertaining.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, CDINPHX said:

now to try and incorporate this into my archery. Need to find a horse bow and try to archery at the range on a day when nobody is there. Haha. Could be entertaining.  

I KNEW this had to happen! 🎉🎉🎉

Knocked out a quick 30kmS tonight, max speed 65kph, avg of 30kph. Finding that people are shocked that I can move that fast in the euc and pass them, it’s quite odd riding in traffic and they are like wtf.

another hot and sticky night, but my armor showed up. Wow, so light and comfy, breathes exceptionally well. Only drawback is my Kriega pack is maxed out and doesn’t fit around the armor without seriously compressing the armor into me. Ugh. It was almost maxed out without it so I can really say much, to many years of the gym. :(   So now I need a different bag. This never ends.  

finding my sweet spot for speed is around 30/40kph, even riding 60kph I don’t really find I’m going that fast, really depends on the surroundings as well, which scares me.  Also did a few trails  at speed and I don’t seem to find it bad, as long as I can see. Ahead. Started to experiment with bending the legs to get more hang/lean over the wheel in aggressive turns. feels weird but is doable, just gotta get use to it  

managed to also run my left leg over as well  was going up a muddy area had to stop as I started to spin and when I put my left foot down it slide forward and my weight shifted to the back leg and caused the wheel to accelerate and wham right into my calve/Achilles, all I can say is you do not want to experience that pain, holy crap I screeched like a little girl though I snapped my ankle to be honest.  

More gear is arriving, elbow armor, that was suppose to come with the chest armor but I had forgot to order it  

again can’t say enough about this hobby/sport/whatever it is  it’s not for everyone but I love it 

Edited by CDINPHX
  • Like 1

Did a short ride tonight after the rains, just needed to get out clear the mind listen to a good audiobook. sigh my age is showing. think it was about 25kms 

Ooo, had my first run in with an idiot driver. Decided to cut me off in a sidewalk as I was crossing and stop In front of me oblivious that I was even there or didn’t give a rats ass. Not like I’m a small target by any means. Then proceeded to stare at me as I swerved around him like I was in the wrong.  I just shook my head.

Parts came in from Eevees to fix the stripped threads  well i just bought the new motherboard hanger to swap out, and will repair the old one when I have time and the , then I have a spare  the swap is dead simple’s as well.  

been heavily thinking about a lighter suspension wheel as well. Don’t get me wrong love the Sherman and it eats up trails, I’d just like to get into some jumping and, I don’t think I want to get into it with the beast. It eats up curb drops, small jumps, larger drops (1-2ft) you name It.  Problem is I want the range of the Sherman s, but lighter weight. Going to have to wait the want need out and see what comes out in the next year or so.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was out in traffic. Last night. Went to shove off at a light as it turned green, foot slipped right off the pedal and down the unicycle went. Slightly rolled my ankle. I picked up the unicycle and walked it to the sidewalk sat down. The guy behind me was like wtf happened I’ve been following you all along and you’ve been starting and stopping with no issues. 

I think as I went to shove off I didn’t weight the off side pedal enough and just leaned the euc into my calf to balance it.  then when I went to start goingthe euc was balanced against my leg but my foot wasn’t seated. And as I started to lift my left leg up it puts more force against the leg but my foot wasn’t planted on the pedals. And it popped off. Anyways I’m fine just landed funny twisting my cankle. Was out again this morning to pic up some new shoes. First issue I’ve had in traffic. 

Just completed 1000kms on the shinko 244.  Love this tyre, haven’t been off-roading as much as I’d like, we have had a lot of rain lately, so I have stuck to roads/multi use trails. This tyre amazes me everyday.  Absolutely love it compared to the stock kenda.  

was tinkering with carving the other day and it dawned on me to try doing carving like we use to ride moguls just without the knee pumps.  Holy crap night and day difference, I was already good at the carving, but wow, incorporate that with some bumpy trails, and it’s a lot of fun.  

currently commuting back and forth to work on the wheel, I can get there faster then my truck (currently in the shop getting the diff repaired), I’ll likely keep using the wheel when I don’t need to be on site.  Also stared riding my bike again in the am to get back into better cardio shape. Walking and hiking just is not cutting it anymore, knee higher activity and It’s kicking my butt. So every am I do 3-4kms of dog walks then an hr on the assault bike. Ride to work, the. Home later, go for a quick dog walk 2kms, then go for a 4-5 km dog walk.  Then usually the archery range or a ride. My god we are nonstop. 

• Like 2

Today was an interesting day. It started off when I went to the grocery store and almost nearly getting run over in the parking lot by a soccer mom not paying attention, who then proceeded to berate me for zipping through the parking lot when I was actually going up to he lane when she decided to cut through from the other lane. Thankfully, there was an opening to the right I maneouvered into. 

I then had to make a return trip to the grocery store this evening stopped at the crosswalk, hit the button and proceeded to fall off the unicycle.basically, the wheel just tipped over while it was on it. No clue what I did.

On the return trip across the sidewalk in the same spot, I was going to cut across the grass,  then I looked down and saw that there was a huge pothole in the grass about 1 foot deep and 2 feet in diameter last second I bailed off unicycle. There was no way I was going to make it through that turns out it’s an all the erosion scar at the intake of the culvert that grew  over and looked like it was just a dip  

I’m now at home laying on the couch contemplating if whether I should even step out of the front door tonight  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CDINPHX said:

I’m now at home laying on the couch contemplating if whether I should even step out of the front door tonight  

Yeah it'll be fine - these things come in 3s I'm told, and you've had all 3 for today, so you should be safe ! ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

haha, good to know, I was worried.  All kidding aside, was just a what is going on day.  KNocked out 50kms this morning, zero issues, ride three blocks over and its like I have lost all ability

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CDINPHX said:

haha, good to know, I was worried.  All kidding aside, was just a what is going on day.  KNocked out 50kms this morning, zero issues, ride three blocks over and its like I have lost all ability

Don’t worry about it. You have to redo this level. Most players do. You get to level up again right after the grown over culvert. 👍🎮

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1