Cold feet before first purchase, need your encouragement and advice.

ssup2406

11 hours ago, earthtwin said:

shop online, or shop in person with the app and let them deliver

Sorry for going off-topic here but I have noticed that the prices online are very often a dollar or so more than the prices in the warehouse, it's worth the 5.5km on the EUC and then if there's too much stuff on the return, the 15-20 minute bus ride back home (the buses are just once an hour in the mornings and evenings though so will have to time things well)

Will surely practice with backpacks!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ssup2406 said:

Folks I ordered the S18! Edited the main post as well. It was your support and encouragement that changed the equation, no second thoughts or regrets about the purchase, looking forward to being an active member of the community!

Great, now don't shoot your eye out. Congratulations! Stay safe.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ssup2406 said:

Folks I ordered the S18! 

Let us know what changes have been made that you can see without taking it apart. Speculation: back to aluminum sliders, new pedals, ... , .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rcgldr said:

Let us know what changes have been made that you can see without taking it apart. Speculation: back to aluminum sliders, new pedals, ... , .

Sure thing, will be glad to!

The alu sliders were already a thing with the molicel packs with some sellers like ecodrift and eevee's, but I'm scared that the steel ones will make a comeback because the S18 on Kingsong's website sports the look of the old sliders, the page was updated this year and now sports the honeycomb pedals, they could be milled instead of cast going by some YouTube comments, but not sure, even the seller is uncertain as of now because they don't have the stock yet; iirc it was ewheels who first introduced this molicel pack by custom ordering it from Kingsong, when they did this it was still with the steel ones as evidenced from this timestamped Freshly Charged video where they weigh it and where the cast steel sliders are clearly visible, this wheel was a ewheels review sample, but then the one's ecodrift and eevee's were selling were the alu sliders.

The pedals are extremely likely to be the honeycomb ones.