is there an antman style glove button(bluetooth) for triggering the built in horns of EUCs ?

is there an antman style glove button(bluetooth)  for triggering the built in horns of EUCs ?

so far i have the typical bicycle horn mounted in the middle of an 18 inch pvc pipe, i initially thought it the lenthy pipe would act as a defensive weapon against...dogs? But its cumbersome having to hold it all the time.

Something wrist or finger mountable seems better. Which can be quickly pressed. Which made me recall of antman. How the button is mounted on the glove just near enough for the thumb to press at the blink of an eye.

antman.png

There are finger-operated, wearable hand direction indicators already available, it may be possible to adapt or make something similar, in the end it is a very simple circuit to arrange with a commonly available push to make switch; add the small power source and the Bluetooth transmitter of choice to make the connection to your wheel’s Bluetooth enabled horn and you’re in business. 

Personally I find a finger-mounted ‘Cateye’ double-action bicycle bell does all I need, but I’m not a city rider, and so the level of ambient noise to be heard above isn’t so much an issue for me.

You could also consider running eg a piece of string through the inside of the pvc pipe and make it a wearable item slung over a shoulder or in front of you as and when it is required. 

• 2 months later...

Though I don't have a solution that will work with a built-in EUC horn, I wanted to share the setup that I use. 

I have an electric bike horn, which has a button on a 24" cable. I put the horn in an arm pouch, run the wire down to my hand, and squeeze the button to activate the horn. 

Picture at: https://imgur.com/a/nrK7LOB

• Like 2

here is my solution. A bicycle horn velcroed to the back of the gloves. The button is strapped at the base of my forefinger. (originally its strapped to the bike handle tube, so it already has sem circle profile which wraps around the finger)

image.png.9bb0c77ffcbfb7d97e14bc66d20e64fa.png

I had a similar thing going on but mine was wireless / bluetooth connected so I could mount the horn section on the wheel (velcro) and the remote was velcro'ed to the glove.

In practice however, it quickly became clear that my chirruping noise, though very clear and loud, caused pedestrians to look about in confusion and not know what the sound was or where it was coming from, so recently I have gone back to a finger-mounted hand bell, which everyone immediately understands when they hear it...

• Like 1

EUC world and Wheel-Log can trigger the build in horn (or a custom mp3 sound via BT)  via one touch on the phone screen. Of course this only works if you use your phone and have it strapped on arm, and your wheel supports this.  On KS 16X and RS19 it works very well. The Ahooga mp3 sounds loud and clear, and the sleepwalking phone addicted fumbling pedestrians come awake 😉

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/14/2023 at 7:27 AM, Robse said:

EUC world and Wheel-Log can trigger the build in horn (or a custom mp3 sound via BT)  via one touch on the phone screen. Of course this only works if you use your phone and have it strapped on arm, and your wheel supports this.  On KS 16X and RS19 it works very well. The Ahooga mp3 sounds loud and clear, and the sleepwalking phone addicted fumbling pedestrians come awake 😉

If you use a supported watch connected to your eucworld on the phone you can configure one of the watches inputs to trigger the euc's horn. Works with a pebble watch, have not directly used with the other supported watches(as i dont have another atm).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1