18XL: "Speed Limit: 20.0 km/h" appears in KingSong app

Wonton

Today I opened the KingSong app for the first time in a long while, and noticed that on the speed page, just under the current speed, "Speed Limit: 20.0 km/h" appears. I could be wrong, but I don't recall seeing that text there before. Of course, I can ride over 20 km/h without any alarms.

A few weeks ago I accidentally updated the firmware to the latest version, so now I'm wondering if perhaps that text is related to that.

12 minutes ago, Wonton said:

Today I opened the KingSong app for the first time in a long while, and noticed that on the speed page, just under the current speed, "Speed Limit: 20.0 km/h" appears. I could be wrong, but I don't recall seeing that text there before. Of course, I can ride over 20 km/h without any alarms.

A few weeks ago I accidentally updated the firmware to the latest version, so now I'm wondering if perhaps that text is related to that.

I think it's the "charging" speed limit. (Yes you can charge and ride - same time.) :D 

Haven't followed myself, but i think it shows up when you are charging the wheel.. (At least for my the speed gage becomes red after 20km/h speed mark.)

Edited by Funky

7 minutes ago, Funky said:

I think it's the "charging" speed limit. (Yes you can charge and ride - same time.) :D 

Haven't followed myself, but i think it shows up when you are charging the wheel.. (At least for my the speed gage becomes red after 20km/h speed mark.)

OK, thanks. Didn't know about that "feature".

I just went outside and turned the wheel on and took a screen shot of the app. Even though the wheel is stationary, that text still appears.

IMG_5586 (1).jpeg

I'm still using older version..

Maybe it's your "first" speed alarm? (BTW did you know that first/second speed alarm doesn't make any sound/alarm? :D Only third alarm makes an actual noise.

At least for me it's like that. You should try lifting the wheel by pedals and let it speed up in controlled mater. While looking at app, to check if your alarms even work..

Don't ask me how i found out that first/second alarm didn't make any sound.. When i started - i thought i was going 25km/h speed. As my first alarm was set there. Next one was at 30 and then 35. But in reality i was riding 35km/h speed when i thought i was going 25km/h.

Now i'm using EUC world for quiet beeps as my first alarm. (Mostly to know that i'm going little bit to fast. Or to know i'm hitting 40km/h speed.) And original kingsong alarm (loud voice + beeps) as my top speed alarm. (Rarely hear any alarm, as i'm riding around 35km/h mostly.)

Edited by Funky

12 hours ago, Funky said:

I'm still using older version..

Maybe it's your "first" speed alarm? (BTW did you know that first/second speed alarm doesn't make any sound/alarm? :D Only third alarm makes an actual noise.

At least for me it's like that. You should try lifting the wheel by pedals and let it speed up in controlled mater. While looking at app, to check if your alarms even work..

Don't ask me how i found out that first/second alarm didn't make any sound.. When i started - i thought i was going 25km/h speed. As my first alarm was set there. Next one was at 30 and then 35. But in reality i was riding 35km/h speed when i thought i was going 25km/h.

Now i'm using EUC world for quiet beeps as my first alarm. (Mostly to know that i'm going little bit to fast. Or to know i'm hitting 40km/h speed.) And original kingsong alarm (loud voice + beeps) as my top speed alarm. (Rarely hear any alarm, as i'm riding around 35km/h mostly.)

Hey, the lift test did the trick! After doing it,  the "speed limit" changed to 40 km/h, which is my current tiltback speed (see pic below). However, after turning the wheel off and then off again, the app reverted to "20 km/h" like above. So it's apparently just a bug in the latest firmware. Serves me right for updating it without a need to do so LOL.

BTW, what's your current tiltback set to?

IMG_5589.jpeg

are you using android or ios? The KS app on apple devices are bad. I could change light patterns, but any alterations I make to speed alarms and tiltback don't register.  I had to grab my Pixel 4A and set all those. After that, connecting the wheel to my iphone shows the changes.  

I have alarm 1&2 off, alarm 3 at 48kph, tiltback at 50kph.

6 minutes ago, Mossi said:

This is normal and appears when you connect to your wheel after turning it on before you ride it. When you ride it the speed limit changes to whatever you have set.

OK, glad to hear it's a "feature" instead of a bug.