My KS 14D will tilt-back when making hard turns. My 14M doesnt for the same type of turn. Why?

T-Ray

I upgraded to a 14D. I love the speed boost as well as the range increase. But i just find it strange that My KS 14D will tilt-back when making hard turns. My 14M doesnt for the same type of turn. Why? Is there a setting for it? Is it safer to have that tilt back during the turn? I got used to the behavior of the 14m. I hope someone can guide me on how to tweak the settings.

• Like 1

First thing to try is to calibrate the wheel. A bad calibration tilts in turns, usually in opposite directions in left and right turns.

Set the wheel as horizontally as you possibly can, both left and right as well as front to back. Bubble level meters are good for this, both physical as well as app versions. Hold the wheel there and start the calibration process from the KS app.

• Like 1

Yep that is a bad calibration, or if you are unlucky a sensor that won't be calibrated nicely. Make sure to keep the wheel upright sideways (front/back allows you to calibrate the neutral pedal angle and doesn't really matter) and absolutely still (lean it to something solid while calibrating) to get a good calibration.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/22/2023 at 4:03 PM, mrelwood said:

i would like to  give thanks to mrelwood and meepmeepmayer! It was indeed a calibration issue. I really thought it was some kind of a safety feature. Newbie here!! Much appreciate you guys taking the time to answer.

Edited by mrelwood
Formatting (reply was inside the quote)
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1