Best Selling Electric Wheel in 2022 at eWheels.com

techyiam

16 hours ago, winterwheel said:

New riders are no longer coming from the civilian population in the same numbers they used to because they are being scared away by the constant drumbeat from the community about how dangerous wheeling is. So smaller wheels like V8 and 16S are no longer being sold in huge numbers.

As a result most new riders are now coming to EUC the community come from other platforms ... electric skateboards and scooters. They want something more than a beginner wheel but aren't ready to shell out the big bucks for a high-end wheel. They look at V12 that appears to be safe (again, thanks all you chicken-littles) has decent specs and looks pretty.

The above are presented as facts, but sound a lot like just your personal opinions. What is all that based on? It’s definitely opposite to what I’m seeing in our community.

On 4/19/2023 at 6:26 PM, techyiam said:

I think the telltale is the choice of battery capacity and 64 lbs. weight. It appears 1776 Wh battery capacity is enough. That means for these folks, venturing outside their normal routes is probably of secondary concern.

I have a v12 and I regularly go on 5-6 hour rides. I've never had range anxiety with a full charge. I go 30kph max and that probably helps.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Silverfish said:

I have a v12 and I regularly go on 5-6 hour rides. I've never had range anxiety with a full charge. I go 30kph max and that probably helps.

Wow, you are getting really good mileage, or you going eally slow and make stops.

When I ride my V12, I don't get that.

But since you do, you made a good point.

21 hours ago, techyiam said:

Wow, you are getting really good mileage, or you going eally slow and make stops.

When I ride my V12, I don't get that.

But since you do, you made a good point.

I don't make stops, but I don't go over 30kph and am often closer to 20 or even under if I am on a sidewalk. I *think* you are local to Vancouver, so this might make some sense to you... if I am going for a long ride its usually sapperton to downtown and back. The longest I route I took was along the greenway from sapperton up to just west of burnaby mountain, then along the north shore of burnaby and vancouver, around the entire seawall including stanley park, around the perimiter of UBC and then I followed the fraser river back to sapperton. I will arrive home with my battery nearly drained. 

I've only done that route once. If I do a shorter version of that, like taking the bc parkway to vancouver and back I will have around 40% when I get home. 

I gotta say... I feel like I live in a pretty ideal place as far as urban rides go (weather permitting). There are so many great routes between new west and downtown.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Tawpie said:

I had 2 kickscooters… still have both. But 4 EUCs. :clap3:

That’s an equal number of wheels. I think you need another euc to properly represent……… 🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silverfish said:

The longest I route I took was along the greenway from sapperton up to just west of burnaby mountain, then along the north shore of burnaby and vancouver, around the entire seawall including stanley park, around the perimiter of UBC and then I followed the fraser river back to sapperton. I will arrive home with my battery nearly drained. 

Holy moly, that is a lot of riding on a V12. You are gutsy. I would have range anxiety doing half that.

1 hour ago, Silverfish said:

20 or even under if I am on a sidewalk

I thought cops give out tickets riding on sidewalks, unless they are the shared kind.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Holy moly, that is a lot of riding on a V12. You are gutsy. I would have range anxiety doing half that.

I thought cops give out tickets riding on sidewalks, unless they are the shared kind.

Its not actually gutsy. I keep an eye on the battery, and if I was ever in a jam I would just head to a skytrain. 

Never had a problem with cops. I imagine that only happens if you are being obnoxious. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Silverfish said:

Its not actually gutsy. I keep an eye on the battery, and if I was ever in a jam I would just head to a skytrain. 

That is a good backup plan for you. So convenient. 

24 minutes ago, Silverfish said:

Never had a problem with cops. I imagine that only happens if you are being obnoxious. 

Good to know. I keep hearing people getting ticketed on sidewalks in Downtown. 

• Like 1