Non-concave wrist mirrors?

I’ve purchased 6 various wrist mirrors from different sources, and despite the images they use to in their advertisements, showing them as flat, the ones I receive are concave and make things look smaller. I am not a fan… At all. 

Has anyone found a normal wrist mirror?

1 hour ago, Vam Monaco said:

Has anyone found a normal wrist mirror?

I use these (just a normal travel mirror) and snap the 1 x Magnification off I want to use (very easy to do with no jagged results etc) and stick on my wrist guards with velcro, works very well.

www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07RP8MPGW/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1

Actually not quite these ones mine are total of 7 cm diameter but you get the idea.

Edited by The Brahan Seer
Clarification

2 hours ago, Vam Monaco said:

the ones I receive are concave

Concave, or convex? I’ve only seen convex those are made that way to give a wider field of view. You can find small flat mirrors if you look for compact makeup mirrors. Look for plastic ones. You don’t want real glass shattering and flying at you in the event of a crash. I managed to get a hold of a strip of flat acrylic mirror that I’ve cut sections off of and use. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Hellkitten said:

Look for plastic ones. You don’t want real glass shattering and flying at you in the event of a crash.

I don't think this is a real issue, very slim chance plus you never hear of motorcycle accidents with anyone complaining about being hit by broken mirrors either.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

I don't think this is a real issue, very slim chance plus you never hear of motorcycle accidents with anyone complaining about being hit by broken mirrors either.

It’s on your wrist……

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Hellkitten said:

It’s on your wrist……

Its on the back of your hand on a wrist guard and will likely fall off before breaking. Plus its protected on 3 sides by metal and has a metal rim around the front so is unlikely if it did break to actually come out. If it breaks due to impact on the back of your hand I think broken glass will be the least of your worries. But if it seems too risky for you thats fine and so is your opinion. We all risk assess differently. 

• Like 1

Best mirror is this i have 8 pieces in home stock my "Season" cost me 1-2 pieces. I use one on both hands. Clasic mirror have very small area of vision in our country help all cars motocycles must have front lights ON everytime/anytime if motor is ON this mean is super easy recognise far away car in this mirror. 

People in group use yelow reflect vests and is easy to check pople on grouprides what are far away too. Try this maybee OP change opinon.

8c4b-59009f33bdf72.jpg?v=1644280872

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

Where do you find that?

On 4/6/2023 at 5:49 AM, DjPanJan said:

Best mirror is this i have 8 pieces in home stock my "Season" cost me 1-2 pieces. I use one on both hands. Clasic mirror have very small area of vision in our country help all cars motocycles must have front lights ON everytime/anytime if motor is ON this mean is super easy recognise far away car in this mirror. 

People in group use yelow reflect vests and is easy to check pople on grouprides what are far away too. Try this maybee OP change opinon.

8c4b-59009f33bdf72.jpg?v=1644280872

Where do you find that?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve personally found the hand mirrors are more readily useful (to me) if worn on the inside of the palm/hand, I seem to get a more rapid and clearer view and better manoeuvrability by looking into the mirror thus held, my wrist doesn’t seem to fully cooperate when it’s worn on the back of the hand, but this is just my experience of them. I generally use a 3” diameter round, convex type. They’re readily available for about £5 from the usual online outlets.

Edited by Freeforester
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

1) round mirrors are bad because they cut most needed zones of view - corners, at the same time  top and bottom of cicle  still occupies space. there is only one reason why chinese ppl manufacture a lot of them - its cheaper, not because they care about your safety

2) flat mirror is bad decision because u ll waste more time to see what happens behind in comparison with parabolic ones, but angle of curveness shouldnt be steep

there is no such problem in russia, because we have best custom equpment manufacturers in the world. i see that you suffer from lack of good mirrors, but soon i hope you will have possibility to buy such stuff too.

TOTAL.png