EUC insurance in Germany?

Dimitris00

Hello,

this is out of the topic but i wanna ask ,you might know something.

So i live in Germany i got a ticket of 250 euro from the police driving my Ninebot one s2 on the road.

They told me its illegal without insurance (something that i didnt know at the moment).

Anyways, i want to insure it on my car insurance company but they keep asking me for the identification number.I keep telling them that i only have the Serial Number but they say thats not enough.

Do you guys know if the identification number exist and where can i find it??

Thank you.

My condolences for being caught in comitting a serious crime.

I am afraid there does not exist an identification number. They need it to see the exact model with its specs.

So for "faking" / inventing a serial number to show the police one has a viable insurance you could use the motor code (written on the side of the motor) or the bluetooth adress. But in Your case it would probably be without use...

There is no legal way to ride an EUC on public roads in Germany. Insurance is mandatory for all motorized legal vehicles, and nobody will insure your vehicle because it isnt road legal, and there is no way to make it road legal because an EUC lacks handlebars, two independent brake systems etc. which all vehicles need according to outdated German laws. 7

Just tell an online insurer that you ride an electric kickscooter, fill out all the forms with made up names and numbers and attach the license plate to the back of your EUC somehow. Thats what I have been doing for two and a half years and it has worked pretty well for me in my town . I'd just stay away from big cities because cops might be better informed there.

1 hour ago, mhpr262 said:

Just tell an online insurer that you ride an electric kickscooter, fill out all the forms with made up names and numbers and attach the license plate to the back of your EUC somehow. Thats what I have been doing for two and a half years and it has worked pretty well for me in my town . I'd just stay away from big cities because cops might be better informed there.

Isn't that just insurance fraud as well as the federal road offence !? Isn't it more honest and therefore (vaguely) more defensible to just ride on pavements and cycleways (where on the whole cops are not) ? Even though I'm sure they are not legal there either, I believe authorities consider that less of a problem, so it may lead to less stops and enforcement ?

Edited by Cerbera

I think it is only insurance fraud if you actually try to make a claim. I have been stopped by the cops twice so far, both times I was on cycle paths (and the second time it wasnt even about the EUC but because I was riding with an expired green license plate from 2022, not the black 2023 one, which was a really stupid and reckless thing to do on my part because it could have led to them looking further into the legality of my EUC on public roads as a whole...). 

if you operate a motor vehicle without a license plate EVERY cop who sees you will KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is illegal and they will  HAVE to do something about it (because it is a felony offense here), but with a license plate on your vehicle you are giving them an excuse to look away.

Edited by mhpr262

4 hours ago, mhpr262 said:

but with a license plate on your vehicle you are giving them an excuse to look away.

Oh man, that is such a rubbish state of affairs ! :) I see your point ! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Boris Lämpel said:

My condolences for being caught in comitting a serious crime.

I am afraid there does not exist an identification number. They need it to see the exact model with its specs.

So for "faking" / inventing a serial number to show the police one has a viable insurance you could use the motor code (written on the side of the motor) or the bluetooth adress. But in Your case it would probably be without use...

What do you mean by that? Is there any possible way showing the police the motor code to take back the ticket they gave me?

3 hours ago, mhpr262 said:

There is no legal way to ride an EUC on public roads in Germany. Insurance is mandatory for all motorized legal vehicles, and nobody will insure your vehicle because it isnt road legal, and there is no way to make it road legal because an EUC lacks handlebars, two independent brake systems etc. which all vehicles need according to outdated German laws. 7

Ok i understand, i live in Bocholt by the way.

Can you please give me more details about what do i have to do in order to get a online insurer?Do i have to pay every year the insurance? and where do i find one?

and i guess thats not legal right? or other people do online insurance to other vichecles? + why online insurer and not one from my town?

Thank you for you time!

• 1 year later...
On 3/14/2023 at 10:43 PM, mhpr262 said:

Sent you a PM as it is perhaps not wise to talk about those tricks too openly here, LOL

Hello!

I relocated to Germany some time ago and would like to continue riding my EUC.

Could you please send me a private message with details about this online insurance?

Thank you!