Dead bearings in Kingsong s22 (no waterproofing)

Finn Bjerke

Rode my s22 in wet streets bearings died - Kingsong are lying about waterproof product. THe s22 and the pro has too many errors. Dont buy em, another s22 owner I know has the same problem

Bad sliders bad bearings no bloody waterproofing ..... My motor had metalsplinters inside..... 

You cant trust Kingsong.

PS: Im not talking about the slider bearings here
PPS: I love my s22 but Im sick of repairing it - I use this shitty EUC for daily commute
SKF Single Row Groove Ball Bearings 61812-2RS1

Edited by Finn Bjerke

Mine have been fine, there should be an external seal that is watertight, but obviously over time or just from the start it could get compromised. If you replace it you should use some silicone to seal it up again.

Edited by chanman

• 2 weeks later...

16777174791348822196384462456455.thumb.jpg.94151ef88689f5091741ad9a2d5f04a0.jpg

On 2/17/2023 at 5:43 PM, Finn Bjerke said:

Rode my s22 in wet streets bearings died - Kingsong are lying about waterproof product. THe s22 and the pro has too many errors. Dont buy em, another s22 owner I know has the same problem

Bad sliders bad bearings no bloody waterproofing ..... My motor had metalsplinters inside..... 

You cant trust Kingsong.

PS: Im not talking about the slider bearings here
PPS: I love my s22 but Im sick of repairing it - I use this shitty EUC for daily commute
SKF Single Row Groove Ball Bearings 61812-2RS1

Did your motor have rubber seals outside of the bearings pressed into the side plates? There should be.

And If so were they damaged? 

• 1 month later...

I just got my bearings damaged at 1750 km mark. Just rode over some puddles. Doesn’t seem any better than V11 batch 1 bearings. At least they fixed the issue. KS just claimed that they use better seals. They didn’t. 

• Sad 1

Well My freind rides s22 with SKF bearings and it works fine, so there is hope my freind.  Regarding bearings upgrade the motorhubs are sometimes sized differently some are dead easy to work bearings into some are not. Dont forget the special bearings glue (expensive stuff....) Good luck 

On 3/2/2023 at 1:39 AM, NErider said:

16777174791348822196384462456455.thumb.jpg.94151ef88689f5091741ad9a2d5f04a0.jpg

Did your motor have rubber seals outside of the bearings pressed into the side plates? There should be.

And If so were they damaged? 

Yes the rubber thing was there ..... 

• Like 1