King Song S22 Linkage Progression

redfoxdude

Thank you! That's a great chart... very useful. It's not as progressive as one might think (saved by 130 mm of wheel travel and 75 mm of stroke), but it tells me we have a fairly wide range of sag that will work, and trying to finely dial in the spring rate or preload probably isn't necessary.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 2

I was a bit surprised, as I thought it was more progressive as well. I'll throw one ugly wrench into it, with King Song's 8-wheel sliders, it would seem that even in the elevated suspension position (3 holes visible), the suspension can only reach ~108mm of wheel travel/60mm of shock stroke before they collide with frame at the top. (This was my motivation behind selecting Ningning's 6-wheel variant, and I believe this was one of Alexander Vodnev's criticisms of adding so many wheels.)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, redfoxdude said:

I was a bit surprised, as I thought it was more progressive as well. I'll throw one ugly wrench into it, with King Song's 8-wheel sliders, it would seem that even in the elevated suspension position (3 holes visible), the suspension can only reach ~108mm of wheel travel/60mm of shock stroke before they collide with frame at the top. (This was my motivation behind selecting Ningning's 6-wheel variant, and I believe this was one of Alexander Vodnev's criticisms of adding so many wheels.)

it's pretty clear that KS don't know what to do :D

anyway with 6 wheels sliders you get 130mm in the upper position ?

• Haha 1

On 2/15/2023 at 11:59 PM, EMA said:

it's pretty clear that KS don't know what to do :D

anyway with 6 wheels sliders you get 130mm in the upper position ?

It's quite sad. :rolleyes:

Indeed, it looks like I should get the full 130mm with the 6-wheel sliders. I think 130mm is achievable, but the fender makes contact with the upper suspension bracket at around 125mm. Probably could squeeze in that extra with a bit of Dremel work.
Hou Ningning's 8-wheel sliders are ~5mm shorter than King Song's, and should get about ~113mm (needs verification) before they collide with the upper frame.

Edited by redfoxdude
New info

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Has anyone tried a quality air shock for ks22?

Travel seems to be quite linear which is a good thing for air shock. Original DNM shock spring is very stiff, I'm 87kg and can get only 13mm of sag (spring adjusted too loose) out of 76mm travel. Air shock spring rate adjustability is unbeatable and modern quality air shocks should be quite durable.  Original shock is also very typical chinese quality, it's copied in a cheap way and missing e.g. one of rebound valve system. https://youtu.be/0xteF26fws0 .

• Like 1