Why Big Fast Wheels are Here to Stay in the US Market

techyiam

On 5/7/2023 at 3:30 AM, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Because it is true.

True on paper, but not true in reality. Here in San Francisco, it's Public Works that govern PEVS on the street. Public Works has no enforcement power and seldom seen anywhere. Police don't care because they have more important crimes to tend to. No one really has an answer to PEV legality on streets. All being said, San Francisco is heading toward getting people out of their cars. PEVs are thus encouraged if not legalized on paper, at this point. We have bicyclists flying 40-45 mph, but they never get cited. The big picture is PEVs are here to stay.:roflmao:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Scubadragonsan said:

True on paper, but not true in reality. Here in San Francisco, it's Public Works that govern PEVS on the street. Public Works has no enforcement power and seldom seen anywhere. Police don't care because they have more important crimes to tend to. No one really has an answer to PEV legality on streets. All being said, San Francisco is heading toward getting people out of their cars. PEVs are thus encouraged if not legalized on paper, at this point. We have bicyclists flying 40-45 mph, but they never get cited. The big picture is PEVs are here to stay.:roflmao:

No, true in reality. Just not enforced. We were talking about New York BTW. But since you mentioned it, It's no mystery why it's not enforced in San Francisco. With the highest crime rate of the 5 largest city's in the country and over 700 fentanyl deaths a year. The largest un-sheltered homeless population in the country with homicide being up 26% this year alone, they definitely have better things to be doing.

2 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

No, true in reality. Just not enforced. We were talking about New York BTW. But since you mentioned it, It's no mystery why it's not enforced in San Francisco. With the highest crime rate of the 5 largest city's in the country and over 700 fentanyl deaths a year. The largest un-sheltered homeless population in the country with homicide being up 26% this year alone, they definitely have better things to be doing.

I'm glad reality is in EUC riders' favor--police has no time to deal with EUCs. Yes, we do have the pregnant teenagers, homeless people, drug addicts, dumb fentanyl kids, drug cartels from across the borders. Please send Texas police over to help us as we have already called on National guards. Never mind the latest mass gun shooting there. The mice will scattered all over the country when they are being chased!

• Like 1

On 1/20/2023 at 11:12 AM, 2disbetter said:

Given the weight and speed of EUCs today, I don't see how we can go much longer without some kind of insurance in place. I mean imagine a wheel like the V13 doing 56 mph, the rider losing control, and the wheel barreling out of control with the momentum. That is a 115lbs ball of mass at speed. The chances of it doing damage to something or someone is pretty high. 

its one of the biggest money grabs possible... it just takes the stats to increase regarding accidents between pevs (including eucs) and pedestrians and autos and boom...

legislation is passed to make it mandatory to have insurance for all pev users.  the insurance industry will have a field day on this one.  and of course there will be ALOT of euc riders riding without insurance...

On 5/7/2023 at 1:49 PM, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I would disagree, around here we don't have bike lanes so you are forced to travel the roads with cars

I also don't have bike lanes here. But from what i have seen. We keep riding sidewalks here, even regular bicycles.. (Only EUC's i have seen in wild are older 14-16". The light ones..) But it mostly comes down to where you live and how busy is said sidewalk.

For example every road has a sidewalk near it. And i would choose sidewalk over road, where one needs to be "afraid" of getting run over. Even in city center sometimes the sidewalks are pretty empty, so you can go what ever speed you want. :D (Ofc you need to slow down around people.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Funky said:

i would choose sidewalk over road

i would also , however it's illegal to travel the sidewalk on bicycles/UEC here. Sidewalks here are for pedestrians only. There are shared bike paths in some towns that can be traveled but few and far between.

13 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

i would also , however it's illegal to travel the sidewalk on bicycles/UEC here. Sidewalks here are for pedestrians only. There are shared bike paths in some towns that can be traveled but few and far between.

If you asked me it's kinda dumb law/rule.. At some point you will ride off the bike path anyways, to get to your home.

In my city even cars/people share roads. (Front of apartment buildings.) And as EUC rider you gotta love that wide "sidewalk". :D People don't even bother me. You can simply ride around them everywhere.

Gotta love where dumb laws/rules are not in place.

• Like 1