Any feedback on these sliders?

No1up

Thinking these would be much more durable then the wheel option. I don't see the wheels holding up in the long run. However if anyone has these and can provide some feedback, I'd much appreciate it. 

Sliders.png

Those are not sliders, rather, they are dust guards to supplement the stock sliders. Similar to @Rawnei's  legacy protectors, but the lubrication ports are interesting.
il_1140xN.4129650852_ftmc.jpg

re: wheel longevity, there are folks running Vodnev's original roller design for over 5,000 kilometers without issues, but it probably doesn't hurt to have a few spare wheels around just in case.

Edited by redfoxdude

6 hours ago, No1up said:

Thinking these would be much more durable then the wheel option. I don't see the wheels holding up in the long run. However if anyone has these and can provide some feedback, I'd much appreciate it. 

Sliders.png

I've been using a set of those since I got the wheel, they're indeed dust protectors. Of course, it's winter here so there's zero dust and I haven't taken the wheel apart to see if other stuff has gotten in. So do they work? I have no idea, but they look like they should at least reduce the amount of crud. I do use the lube ports to squirt in 3M Dry Silicone—done it a couple times now and the ports are uber convenient. You do have to remove the main suspension bar from the top of the battery packs to install/remove them… it's an extra step but I didn't have any problems with it.

9 hours ago, Rawnei said:

I'm totally biased but I feel my mini fenders does a great job keeping dirt out. 😁

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5621786

I realize this is designed for the 4 wheel sliders, but if I don't use the plugs (top ones anyway), do you think the fender parts will work on an 8 wheeler? I don't have a printer (don't need another hobby!) so would be asking friends to print this for me, and don't want to burn favors unless there's a good chance the fenders will work!

Thank you for all the bits and pieces you've designed and shared BTW, it makes me think I need a printer.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

I realize this is designed for the 4 wheel sliders, but if I don't use the plugs (top ones anyway), do you think the fender parts will work on an 8 wheeler? I don't have a printer (don't need another hobby!) so would be asking friends to print this for me, and don't want to burn favors unless there's a good chance the fenders will work!

Thank you for all the bits and pieces you've designed and shared BTW, it makes me think I need a printer.

Nope unfortunately they wouldn't work as 8 wheel and 6 wheel versions are taller so the design concept will fail as the fender rests on-top of the slider and clamp under the mudguard.

• Sad 1