My V11 After 800 or so off road miles

Punxatawneyjoe

The parts that actually wear look normal to me. But you have clearly bashed the wheel into obstacles hard multiple times. Either it took a long time for you to figure out where the wheel’s extremities are, or maybe you just considered them as wearing parts?

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

took a long time for you to figure out where the wheel’s extremities are

I guess maybe this is the case. There are a ton of very rocky trails around here and i suppose i have been riding like it has better clearances then it actually does.so I'm assuming other peoples off road wheels aren't getting this beat up this quickly? Thanks for the response.

Looks about right. Lol. I’ve beaten the crap outta my v11 over the past year. Most owners add bumpers on that exact area of the shell. Plus one over the front and rear lights. I cracked my shell in the same spot both sides. I used some heavy duty water proofing tape to seal up the cracks. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I'm assuming other peoples off road wheels aren't getting this beat up this quickly?

Mostly no. Although, the V11 shell and slider rails do reach abnormally low, so it has been a surprise to a few other riders as well. I’m at 7k km and I’ve only gently hit the low parts on rocks maybe three times. Therefore no real damage.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2022 at 4:55 PM, Punxatawneyjoe said:

20221212-205952.jpg20221212-205958.jpg

20221212-205908.jpg20221212-205852.jpg

20221212-205943.jpg

The wheel has 1200 miles on it now, about 800 were off road. What do we think? Did i abuse it to much or does this look like "normal" wear and tear?

I’m at about 2800 miles since I received it in june2022. Mine looks similar. I’ve had to glue some outer case cracks, but it still runs great!  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, mhpr262 said:

Nobody, least of all Inmotion, ever claimed the V11 was an offroad wheel

Directly from inmotions website.

"Innovation Inmotion

Power and design merged in one device. The new Inmotion V11 has been designed and imagined to accompany you on your off-road trips"

7 hours ago, JeremySPFF said:

How does it ride?

Still rides great, smooth as glass down the road. I have a new tire coming. Originally i hadn't even considered EUC'S could go off road but i bought my wife an electric mountain bike and as soon as i realized i could "off road" with it, i was hooked.

• 2 weeks later...

Update, I replaced my tire with a winter(ish) tire and while the unit was apart i inspected my suspension rails and sliders because i have read a few complaints from others that their suspension on the v11 got "sticky".  I have not noticed any stickiness at all with mine but it only has 1500mi on it. The slides have only the paint missing and move very freely up and down the rails and the nylon runners that slide up and down the slides seem to have little to no wear as you can see in the pictures. I also noticed that the slide bushings or runners are replaceable and probably super cheap so that's good to know if they get worn/sticky. All i am waiting for now is the ice screws for the tire and the ponds/lakes around here to freeze..:efef015fe0:

slide-1.jpg

slide-2.jpg

slide-bushing.jpg

20221226-172044.jpg

and yes i did fix the side cover on the rt side of the picture that i had not re-attached properly the first time after reviewing my pictures..:shock2:

2 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I also noticed that the slide bushings or runners are replaceable and probably super cheap

Replaceable yes, but cheap they are not! Unless the ~$20 price I saw somewhere included all eight, which I doubt.

The originals are made of treated POM, btw. I’m currently using printed Nylon ones, which I feel that slide slightly better.

There is also a Russian manufacturer called Auraspace that make slider guides that should be much better. But I haven’t been able to get myself a pair, probably due to the current Russian separation of the rest of world.

Edited by mrelwood

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

I’m currently using printed Nylon ones

hmm, that's a good idea. i didn't even think of that and i have a peopoly phenom in the basement. They make some resins with nylon like property's.

i might have to try that. Thanks for the info, now i wish i had taken measurements of them.

14 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

now i wish i had taken measurements of them.

U-shape, looking from the end: Outer width 9mm, height 6.5mm (can be 7mm on the tire side, 8mm on the leg side), wall and bottom thickness 2.3-2.35 mm. Total length 30mm, a 2mm tall 4mm wide cylinder on the back with a 1.5mm screw hole.

I made them 90 mm long though, with two grooves across that function as wax reservoirs.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I was wondering about this, whether or not it would cause more resistance.

Sorry, had a typo, fixed it. So the total length is 90 mm.

Larger area means that there’s less pressure at any single point, so I don’t know if in total the friction is much bigger. At least it should wear less.

• Like 1