S22 or Master, help me decide.

Crab

1 hour ago, Crab said:

Master looks more comfortable for seat riding 

I could agree with that if it wasn't so relatively low and I didn't have such a bony arse ! I don't like the seating position on the Master, and some people have reported sitting too far back can break the rear light casing. What I don't like is how tip-toe you have to be on the pedals when seated, how wide and high your knees have to go, which is made slightly worse by 3rd party pads, and how awkward it is to transition between standing and sitting.

Also, although you are very much more aerodynamic in that position, and can resist wind a lot better (which is definitely an issue when standing up and going over 40 kph) trying to get acceleration while seated requires (me at least) to be literally hanging off the front of the machine.

In theory the Master should win that battle, but practically speaking, I'm not sure it does. And yet I see some people dealing with it just fine, and it not bothering them ! But rather more people feeling the need to fit a higher saddle before they are happy...

The Clarke Pads fairing seat combo will get you a wider seat a few inches higher than stock but its rather big, expensive, inelegant and bulky, and for me it compromises the look of the machine too much, although it undoubtedly ups its 'tankiness factor' by a reasonable amount.

Edited by Cerbera

8 minutes ago, Crab said:

Master looks more comfortable for seat riding

S22 "seat" is hard as a hard yoga block. I need to figure out some padding... spoiled rotten by the 16X seat

Edited by Tawpie

4 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

S22 "seat" is hard as a hard yoga block. I need to figure out some padding... spoiled rotten by the 16X seat

Yea I just want to add some height to mine, tried a 4” yoga block but I had some trouble moving my knees around, might lower it and shape it then turf it… the ks seat is so slippery.

C0C88C86-DFA0-4A86-B10F-55434F10E3B4.jpeg

During the Long Wait, I switched my pre-order from S22 to Master; I have no regrets.  The E-wheels Litech 40T Master is just wonderful!  It's so smooth and powerful - rides like a Cadillac.  Of course, I performed an immediate upgrade to the Kuba/TorquePads Suspension system with a Fox Float DPS shock - No bottoming out issues.  Granted, I am a 95% on-road rider, although I can catch air on some of these un-even sidewalks which is a tremendous joy. I sometimes ride hard pack off road, and once again zero complaints or concerns. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, UniBlab said:

During the Long Wait, I switched my pre-order from S22 to Master; I have no regrets.  The E-wheels Litech 40T Master is just wonderful!  It's so smooth and powerful - rides like a Cadillac.  Of course, I performed an immediate upgrade to the Kuba/TorquePads Suspension system with a Fox Float DPS shock - No bottoming out issues.  Granted, I am a 95% on-road rider, although I can catch air on some of these un-even sidewalks which is a tremendous joy. I sometimes ride hard pack off road, and once again zero complaints or concerns. 

What’s your weight, and what kind of real world range are we talking if you stay under 25mph? It sounds like the 40t packs have some punch! Got any video?

Edited by Crab

3 hours ago, Crab said:

What’s your weight, and what kind of real world range are we talking if you stay under 25mph? It sounds like the 40t packs have some punch! Got any video?

I weigh 210 lbs. all geared up.  I have yet to really test it's range so far.  BTW I'm 61 years young. I ride both seated and standing.  I have the Clark Seat & Fairing with Russian (MonoCustomize) Pads. So far I am blown away at how nice this setup rides!  For me it's perfect.

17 hours ago, Funky said:

Unscrew - measure. Go buy.

This is what I found on a Facebook comment: All in hex screws: Pedal hanger M5*16 8pcs/suspension link M5*30 6pcs/Fender linkage M5* 20 4pcs /board cover M5*20 *6pcs /Suspension center pin 70mm*7.8mm/Motor slider (COUNTERSUNK FLAT HEAD hex)M5x22mm 8pcs M5x25mm 8pcs