Identify your Master Version??

1 hour ago, sseuc.com said:

How do I know which version of the Master I have without opening it up?

Tarot cards? I suspect that the only way to know for sure is to open it up, photograph the boards, and compare to the poster e-riders put out (I think it was them). The revisions came in rapid succession without 'documentation' from BG, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't know what was in a particular wheel either.

2 hours ago, Mango said:

The version number is written on the board capacitors.

Do you know how many versions there are exactly?  I've heard of 1, 1.5, 2, & 3 (when dealing with capacitors).  Then there was the battery pack wiring change.  But I've heard from other sources close to begode that they only refer to two versions (V1 & V2), with V2 being the latest one available.

There are other threads that cover this, most notably the main one on the Master, but I don't blame you for not wanting to look through 95 odd pages of that...

Looking from the outside there are only small clues which version you have

1) Does the rear mudguard break if you so much as look at it wrong (V1) or hold up to some serious flexing (V2)

2) Do the lower pads have cut-outs for ALL the protruding bolts on the frame ? No - V1, Yes, V2.

3) Does the front light have what looks like a yoga mat crudely glued to it ? No - V1, yes V2.

None of these are definitive, just general indicators - if you really wanna know you're going to have to get to the boards. It's only 8 screws, then you can see at a glance.

Edited by Cerbera
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, deanok said:

Alternatively - use euc-dash 

it will show you the version of the firmware

GW201400x - v1

GW201490x - v2.2

GW201480x - v2.3

GW201500x - v2.4

I have an eWheels second batch from late october and my firmware reads at GW2014503 - it doesn't match up with anything in the app and I'm unable to update it to any other version. 

15 hours ago, taiguy said:

I have an eWheels second batch from late october and my firmware reads at GW2014503 - it doesn't match up with anything in the app and I'm unable to update it to any other version. 

Probably there are some custom batches - I have listed those versions which have firmware updates available via official Begode app.