No idea what to do with suspension on T4.

Maybe I'm just slow, but I cannot find any relevant info on how to correctly get the suspension setup for my Begode T4. First off, I'm completely clueless so that doesn't help. There are no tutorials I can find specifically for the T4's setup. I've figured out how to pump up the psi but what does the red valve do? I vaguely understand that it has something to do with how quickly the suspension rebounds. I keep bottoming out even in small bumps. I've pumped it up to 150 psi, because I saw that as someone else's initial setup in another video. 

Set any old PSI around the middle of the dial range, then get on your wheel (stationary) and see what happens. If it sinks to the bottom straight away that is not enough PSI. If it remains solidly where it is, then that is too much. If it dips slightly as you get on, but withstands you jumping up and down on it without bottoming out that is about the correct starting point PSI for you. When I say jumping up and down I don't mean the wheel is leaving the ground at any point; you are just gently bouncing on it to feel how it responds.

Red knob is rebound - how fast it tries to jump back after shock compression. Test it by jumping  and turning it to the extremities, to see which behaviour you like more, then dial in to perfection. Note at some point, if rebound is set too low you will jump on it and it just won't return from the low point. Work upwards from there until it rebounds at the sort of speed you will appreciate.

Edited by Cerbera

1 hour ago, Chad said:

Maybe I'm just slow, but I cannot find any relevant info on how to correctly get the suspension setup for my Begode T4. First off, I'm completely clueless so that doesn't help. There are no tutorials I can find specifically for the T4's setup. I've figured out how to pump up the psi but what does the red valve do? I vaguely understand that it has something to do with how quickly the suspension rebounds. I keep bottoming out even in small bumps. I've pumped it up to 150 psi, because I saw that as someone else's initial setup in another video. 

I would point you to "how to setup the rear shock on your mountain bike" videos... they pretty much have it covered. Pressure in the shock to set sag (how much of the shock travel is used by you just carefully standing on it), red dial so it just barely pogo sticks when you go off your typical drop. After that, adjust to suit your taste and riding conditions!

Edited by Tawpie