Mten4 beeps constantly

Hi there!

Got my first mten4 and it beeps at me. It started after it fell down a stair and landing on its side. 

I smacked the top panel and it went away lol. But it started again 10 mins later. It's been doing this constantly where some times it'll beep and sometimes stop. It seems to be whenever it get bumps around it switches.

I opened the top cover and nothing looked loose. Any help?

• Like 1

Is it a long beep followed by a short beep? If so sounds like what my master is doing now. Started after doing jumps at a bike park. So if it is the same beep code seems like impact has something to do with it... But I haven't found an answer yet...

It beeps before catching on fire.. So watch out. At least now begody have a warning system, before they simply started to burn and destroy people homes.

Beeps are alerts... Ignore them and see what happens. :) 

Edited by Funky

8 minutes ago, Funky said:

It beeps before catching on fire.. So watch out. At least now begody have a warning system, before they simply started to burn and destroy people homes.

Beeps are alerts... Ignore them and see what happens. :) 

So long beep then short beep means the wheel will catch fire? Where did you get that information from?

Just now, Garzal said:

So long beep then short beep means the wheel will catch fire? Where did you get that information from?

Was meant as a joke at start. But then i remembered that they actually can burst into flames.. So take that information as you want. (Idk why they beep - but can't be anything good.)

Can you tell if the beeps are the main speaker or the tiny one(s) inside the battery pack ?

I would think only the latter would be something to worry about, fire-wise.

Edited by Cerbera
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Cerbera said:

Yeah exactly - that's what I'm asking ! Is it the main system beeping, or a warning buzzer from the pack. I know the Master has the buzzers, but don't know that about the MTen4.

Sorry - in my mind "buzzer" is something else. It doesn't "beep". :D It "buzz's" likes small electrical motor. That's why i was confused.

25 minutes ago, Garzal said:

If so sounds like what my master is doing now. Started after doing jumps at a bike park.

I keep seeing videos where people say don't do big jumps on the Master, and so far I haven't yet been brave enough to try any myself.

Are you documenting this issue on the master thread ? I'd like to know a bit more about it, but here is not the place...

Edited by Cerbera

Just now, Funky said:

It "buzz's" likes small electrical motor. That's why i was confused.

Oh Ok - I get ya :) I'm sure I heard a guy in a video say they beeped, despite describing them as buzzers for the rest of the teardown ! They are just tiny tiny speakers.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

see if there is a firmware update for it (and check the wheel status, both from the begode app). my mten4 did this at one point-- firmware fixed the beeping but couldn't fix my charging issue... and then about a month later the mainboard blew and the wheel froze, I consider them to be directly related.

• 3 months later...

News from my Mten 4 : so I updated it...and it didn’t beep anymore. But I won’t charge anymore either (I discorvered the charging issue after the update). I was so unease with the idea of having a wheel that won’t charge that I just leaved it here, saving for buy a new one.

Then a friend suggest me to check if the wheel will take the charge after emptying the battery. As my test shown that I still can charge the battery directly (bypassing the motherboard), I take the risk. As I brought the battery to 60% (too long to dry it empty) I checked If it could charge again at this relative high state of charge, and yes it can !! I will continue to use normally to confirm it’s back to normal 😎

• Like 1