New iOS app for EUC

miituu

Hi,

I'm writing a new app for EUC on iOS (iPhone) platform. Things are progressing well and soon it might be good to have someone to try it out.

Currently it is supporting KingSong wheels but I assume the protocol is similar in Begode wheels too?

If you have iPhone and KingSong (or Begode) and want to participate, please email me your email address to miituuproductions@gmail.com

The test will be proceeded with TestFlight system, more here:https://testflight.apple.com/

Thanks in advance!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Just to be clear what I have tried to aim with this app:

- To see basic information about voltage and range quickly

- NOT to have to register to use, no profiling and such

- Absolutely NO calling home or to information sellers (fb, google or other analytics). Everything stays in your device.

- No leaking of GPS location to anyone.

There is no massive UI, one screen only. No scientific data of your ride, just the basics. So if you are looking for "I'm not even driving EUC if I don't have complete data of the ride" - this is probably not your app.

I'm planning to add few features if there is interest in this kind of app.

• Like 1

Still at zero. No interest in quick glance & non-leaking wheel app at all? Seems strange.

For example one iOS EUC app at appstore leaks your accurate GPS position to 3rd party. I traced the traffic with VPN spoofing so I have first hand information on this. Normal users don't see this. They are not asked for permission either.. Is that even legal? Very unethical for sure. The current situation with all apps leaking everything they can is just horrible.

I'm cancelling out the beta testing and enjoy the app myself :)

1 hour ago, miituu said:

Still at zero. No interest in quick glance & non-leaking wheel app at all? Seems strange.

For example one iOS EUC app at appstore leaks your accurate GPS position to 3rd party. I traced the traffic with VPN spoofing so I have first hand information on this. Normal users don't see this. They are not asked for permission either.. Is that even legal? Very unethical for sure. The current situation with all apps leaking everything they can is just horrible.

I'm cancelling out the beta testing and enjoy the app myself :)

I don't want to discourage your efforts because I think that for some people the no-leaking feature is important... but at least for me, just seeing voltage and range isn't enough. I really only use apps for data logging. I have an external bike GPS for speed. Without data logging, I have no use for the app at all. Not logging my rides while testing your app wasn't attractive, so I didn't try it out!

The reasons I pay for EUCW premium are 1) data logging and, 2) the ability to set additional alarms in case I don't hear my beeps. If your app is able to do that, it would have some attraction for me—but it would need to be as easy to review the logs as EUCW.

Perhaps you might find more interest in a limited display app if it had a watch companion?

Good luck, and do enjoy the result of your work. If nothing else, you have something that is better for you!

32 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

The reasons I pay for EUCW premium are 1) data logging and, 2) the ability to set additional alarms in case I don't hear my beeps. If your app is able to do that, it would have some attraction for me—but it would need to be as easy to review the logs as EUCW.

Alarms can be set as free user also on EUCW. (I have set quiet beeps as my first alarm from EUCW. And second alarm is original wheel alarm + EUCW loud beeps. Going off same time. Can't ever be missed. I don't even miss the quiet beeps ever.)

Can i ask what's the point of "data logging" ? 

I personally just check voltage and after each "fun" ride - fast glance at max power draw, max voltage/speed used, min safety margin, etc..

Most rides are in same levels - everything fine.

Edited by Funky

47 minutes ago, Funky said:

Can i ask what's the point of "data logging" ? 

Probably not much point for going to the mailbox runs and such, but I like to see detailed data when on the trails, long rides, even the daily 10 miler. Where was I going fast, how did it do on that hill, how did the battery do, what happens with temperature... that kind of stuff. Definitely over the top nerding out, but it's fun.

I also found it helpful when my S18 battery had a charging glitch... look back and see what it was doing from the time I bought the wheel until the glitch (didn't reveal anything other than 'nominal performance'). Because I have data on virtually every ride, I could use the information to do things like compare the replacement molicels against the stock batteries, where is the sweet spot for max autonomy etc. (but I haven't been that bored yet). One thing I have noticed is how my average riding speed has crept up over time.

53 minutes ago, Funky said:

Most rides are in same levels - everything fine.

My rides tend to vary so it retains interest. Yes, there's the evening cruise that's always the same but trails are pretty much all different, and so is commuting (speed being the biggest factor). While I look at my evening cruises (they're the same every day), it's not terribly interesting!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

Probably not much point for going to the mailbox runs and such, but I like to see detailed data when on the trails, long rides, even the daily 10 miler. Where was I going fast, how did it do on that hill, how did the battery do, what happens with temperature... that kind of stuff. Definitely over the top nerding out, but it's fun.

I also found it helpful when my S18 battery had a charging glitch... look back and see what it was doing from the time I bought the wheel until the glitch (didn't reveal anything other than 'nominal performance'). Because I have data on virtually every ride, I could use the information to do things like compare the replacement molicels against the stock batteries, where is the sweet spot for max autonomy etc. (but I haven't been that bored yet). One thing I have noticed is how my average riding speed has crept up over time.

My rides tend to vary so it retains interest. Yes, there's the evening cruise that's always the same but trails are pretty much all different, and so is commuting (speed being the biggest factor). While I look at my evening cruises (they're the same every day), it's not terribly interesting!

I see. Simply more "detailed" info that can be saved over time.

I personally don't care much about that. More or less each "fun" ride is the same. Cruising at 35-40km/h speeds. As i don't go off-roading often, if at all. I just need the wheel to work.. And time to time check up if everything still is in norms. :D 

Yeah i also noticed how i went from (km/h) 25 speeds to 30, then 35.. Now i'm riding around 35 and sometimes hitting 42. Personally don't go any faster - because 35-40 my sweet spot. In first 2 month i already found my "sweet" spot. :D No need to go any faster on sidewalks. (Empty straight sidewalks..)

Job rides i go around ~20. Because of no gear (Only wrist guards). And no need to hurry.

Edited by Funky