Begode Hero Issue - not balancing

I decided to take disassemble my Hero a little bit so i can even out the shell placement from prior disassembly. Even though that was a success, the trolly handle has plastic sleeves that are now partially broken, and the handle sometimes locks in place, and sometimes just only one side. I am able to unlock the trolly handle and erect it for its trolly mode but again , the vehicle does not balance.  The issue im having is my Hero is no longer balancing in either in its proper trolly handle dependent states. I tried to see if it was transport mode was on accidently, but vehicle is still not balancing. Thoughts? 

Edited by CyberV0LT

Day 2 Update: Took the top cover off again., took out the trolly handle. Took out the springs. Look inside the trolly hole: here are my findings:

Trolly hole: No visible indication where a lift sensor is inside. There are 2 small round slots near the top of the hole located further out on each side. The catches for the rod do not slot on those, instead, they slot facing forward.

Trolly Rod: Trolly rod on the left and right has a catch/release mechanism at the bottom. One of the catch/release mechanisms sticky so it will not protude or extend with pump of the trolly handle button. Tried some wd-40 to work it but it is not working.

Trolly pipe plunger: The trolly pipe plunger looks fine and fits into the groves of the screw inserts .

Screw inserts: These plastic inserts , one has 3 small magnets. This catches the trolly handle to prevent wobbling effect. The other screw insert does not have magnets. These inserts connect to the plunger as well.

Plastic sleeve: This prevents the trolly rod from pulling out of the top cover. Both are broken along the edge, but still some integrity left to do its job. They are both faced inward as recommended.

Trolly handle: just a simple press of a button works the screw insert/pipe plunger which also engages the catch /release mechanism inside the trolly rod.

ISSUE PRESENT: 
 Wheel still is not balancing. I can tell it wants to balance, but it doesnt  stay upright as it should. It is not in transport mode, there is seriously something wrong.

Working my way back, to trouble shoot why this happened, all i did was take off the left side panel, pop off the cover, remove the trolly handle, unscrew bolds on the right side, and even out the shells because the shells looked crooked. This was the primary reason. There is nothing inside the top cover showing any kind of damage . Im at lost what is going on, or what i did to mess this up.

Edited by CyberV0LT

the mode you are in is an s18 inspired feature, where the wheel will just only balance to help you slowly  trolley it up stairs etc. It just means that you messed with the trolley handle hall sensor. 

the hero has the s18 as "inspiration", so my guess is that you won't find any trolley handle switch inside, it will be using a hall sensor and a magnet for this. The magnet will be on the handle, take another magnet/thin metallic part and find where it is at. Then look at that same spot on the board, you will see a hall sensor that you most likely bend a bit in your efforts to fix your issue. Bend it back, all will be ok. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, enaon said:

the mode you are in is an s18 inspired feature, where the wheel will just only balance to help you slowly  trolley it up stairs etc. It just means that you messed with the trolley handle hall sensor. 

the hero has the s18 as "inspiration", so my guess is that you won't find any trolley handle switch inside, it will be using a hall sensor and a magnet for this. The magnet will be on the handle, take another magnet/thin metallic part and find where it is at. Then look at that same spot on the board, you will see a hall sensor that you most likely bend a bit in your efforts to fix your issue. Bend it back, all will be ok. 

Thank you very much, this is very useful and helpful diagnosis. Very interesting . According to this pic, the arrows showing the area,....this might be the sensor? 

307763657_10227178342859699_5313824736247918057_n.jpg

• Like 1

I don't have a hero so I'm talking out my butt here but.

I'm sure you're 100% certain you're not in transport mode so won't suggest checking that.

You're in a weird spot. The wheel should balance independent of the trolly handle's stowed/deployed state (except at the first detent). But it's not, so the assumption is that a lift switch is stuck. Did you try disabling the lift switch function?

Looking at JimmyC's Hero video, popping the handle from stowed to "deployed to the first detent" is the spin kill position. Pulling the handle further out re-energizes the motor. You seem to be stuck at "first detent" regardless of the handle position and it's not beeping when you go past the first detent.

Try to find the magnet in the handle as @enaon suggested. If you can't find a magnet in the hande, that's your issue! If you can find the magnet, again, as suggested see if the sensor can be bent closer to the handle.

But I'm guessing you're going to need AlienRides' help.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

I don't have a hero so I'm talking out my butt here but.

I'm sure you're 100% certain you're not in transport mode so won't suggest checking that.

You're in a weird spot. The wheel should balance independent of the trolly handle's stowed/deployed state (except at the first detent). But it's not, so the assumption is that a lift switch is stuck. Did you try disabling the lift switch function?

Looking at JimmyC's Hero video, popping the handle from stowed to "deployed to the first detent" is the spin kill position. Pulling the handle further out re-energizes the motor. You seem to be stuck at "first detent" regardless of the handle position and it's not beeping when you go past the first detent.

Try to find the magnet in the handle as @enaon suggested. If you can't find a magnet in the hande, that's your issue! If you can find the magnet, again, as suggested see if the sensor can be bent closer to the handle.

But I'm guessing you're going to need AlienRides' help.

Thank you for the reply. I will need to take a closer look inside the handle, taking it fully apart. That is the only thing i have not done yet. You speak about magnets. The magnets seen here are hard to describe what it is, but these plastic pieces hold the plastic straws that go inside the metal trolly rods, which help press the trolly handle up and down. These plastic pieces also connect to the rod via screws to the handle. I may have to make a complete video showing the entire trolly disassembly to fully explain next time. As you see, there is only one set of magnets on one of these plastic pieces. 

308767359_10227178342779697_3766574981323389626_n.jpg

Edited by CyberV0LT

My rs19 highspeed did this once .I put it back in transport mode then unlocked it again and it started balancing but my wheel doesn’t have any trolley handle sensors and whatnot.that is why I like simplicity begode quit adding stupid shit we don’t need and start focusing on waterproofing ,quality motherboards and components 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CyberV0LT said:

Thank you very much, this is very useful and helpful diagnosis. Very interesting . According to this pic, the arrows showing the area,....this might be the sensor? 

I had al look at a dissasembly video, since you are this far, I would do the following:

Open the case so that you reach the board, the cable responsible for the handle switch is the one marked on the picture 

then, you have two options,

1.take the cable out, this will disable the switch and it will balance fine, but you will loose the feature. 

2. follow this cable till you find where the hall/switch is located.
image.thumb.jpeg.f4fa6cbe08e7e26fdb0e852e340dbc61.jpeg

Edited by enaon

I found a better one, it looks like the handle hall sensor (*not a hall sensor since it uses just two cables, it must be a reed switch) is inside the button switch.

so, easiest test to verify this, run a fairly strong magnet over the button switch, change polarity too, check if this makes it balance. 

*if indeed it is a reed switch, then it may be broken when you were forcing the handle down, they are not very resilient when , this also explains why it is stuck at on mode, they do that. In this case, you may need to take the cable out. You can find reed switches on all door/windows cheap traps etc, if you verify this is the problem, you can change it. 

image.thumb.jpeg.9f47759bad0f7ea850a9c0ec4dfb576d.jpeg

ps. this is the mode you are in, it seems he doesn't know that this is called microbalance on the s18, but it is your status I think. 

https://youtu.be/DK8e4T08XPs?t=280

Edited by enaon

• 3 months later...

Ya, still having same issue. Brand new handle and brand new sleeves didnt fix the issue. I agree, it is stuck in its Micro balance , jelly mode .  

I may just have to take it apart unless there is a simple software/ button combo to reset it

Edited by CyberV0LT