My Begode Master 3D Printed Accessories

• Begode Master Bushing Stabilizers

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5799376

The Master suspension has a lot of tolerance between the bushings and the pipe that they move on causing the suspension to feel "loose", Begode has added 4 small screws that you can adjust to tighten the bushings against the pipe but these are problematic for a couple of reasons:

1) It's difficult to adjust all 4 of these screw perfectly, if you tighten them to much it will cause friction and suspension will be noticeable more stiff

2) The screws push the bushing from one direction making it oval and also risk damaging them.

These "stabilizers" is a ring that pushes the bushing from all directions and I've measured and tested them so that the bushings are as tight as they can be without adding friction.

This was an original idea by Emanuele "@EMA" Tomasello who made a similar 3D design however I found that those did not work so well for me but I was intrigued by the idea so I measured my wheel and did a lot of tests, for one thing the upper and lower bushings need different sizes as the lower bushings are pushed in with countersunk screws while the upper ones are held in place by the suspension bridge giving them different tolerances, these stabilizers are also slightly bigger than the ones EMA made, the upper one is 2.5mm in height while the lower one is 1.5mm, both are 34.2mm in diameter and 0.75mm thick but gradually getting smaller from one end to the other.

1.thumb.jpg.c25a8abf9ac2a9a794699803318f67ea.jpg3.jpg.4132785df681fd0eeda09e51aec5c662.jpg

Edited by Rawnei
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/19/2023 at 10:54 PM, Rawnei said:
  • Begode Master Bushing Stabilizers

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5799376

The Master suspension has a lot of tolerance between the bushings and the pipe that they move on causing the suspension to feel "loose", Begode has added 4 small screws that you can adjust to tighten the bushings against the pipe but these are problematic for a couple of reasons:

1) It's difficult to adjust all 4 of these screw perfectly, if you tighten them to much it will cause friction and suspension will be noticeable more stiff

2) The screws push the bushing from one direction making it oval and also risk damaging them.

These "stabilizers" is a ring that pushes the bushing from all directions and I've measured and tested them so that the bushings are as tight as they can be without adding friction.

This was an original idea by Emanuele "@EMA" Tomasello who made a similar 3D design however I found that those did not work so well for me but I was intrigued by the idea so I measured my wheel and did a lot of tests, for one thing the upper and lower bushings need different sizes as the lower bushings are pushed in with countersunk screws while the upper ones are held in place by the suspension bridge giving them different tolerances, these stabilizers are also slightly bigger than the ones EMA made, the upper one is 2.5mm in height while the lower one is 1.5mm, both are 34.2mm in diameter and 0.75mm thick but gradually getting smaller from one end to the other.

1.thumb.jpg.c25a8abf9ac2a9a794699803318f67ea.jpg3.jpg.4132785df681fd0eeda09e51aec5c662.jpg

good work, glad i help in some way ;)

side infos:
i've done this to my master v1 and it's still works amazing after thousand of km
i have a master v2 that do not have play in those bushings, even without the side screws lol
i'll probably fix this in my T4 soon 

15 minutes ago, EMA said:

good work, glad i help in some way ;)

side infos:
i've done this to my master v1 and it's still works amazing after thousand of km
i have a master v2 that do not have play in those bushings, even without the side screws lol
i'll probably fix this in my T4 soon

I think tolerances on Master overall is all over the place, also possible to introduce friction due to that, Master V2 also has different PID settings from Master V1 which add center play in motor behaviour, custom firmware with pedal fix fixes this.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update to Begode Master Seat Addon

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5529643

Added a Version 2 of this seat that is a bit bigger and which has a little flatter shape on top, overall more comfortable.

v2.thumb.jpg.f359bd508d5b4aa069671a7adca279fb.jpg

Master_Seat_Addon_V2.stl

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Update to Begode Master Seat Addon

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5529643

Added a Version 2 of this seat that is a bit bigger and which has a little flatter shape on top, overall more comfortable.

Master_Seat_Addon_V2.stl 792.56 kB · 0 downloads

Looks good - I am still struggling trying to sit on the original seat without looking like a gnome having a difficult shit ;)

How are you holding that on to the seat cushion - is a ton of velcro firm enough ?

Wow - have just got a quote from 3D people to print it, and they want a whopping £435 to do that !! I may have to think again !

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Looks good - I am still struggling trying to sit on the original seat without looking like a gnome having a difficult shit ;)

How are you holding that on to the seat cushion - is a ton of velcro firm enough ?

Wow - have just got a quote from 3D people to print it, and they want a whopping £435 to do that !! I may have to think again !

Velcro yes, works great, there's images of the velcro attachment on the thingiverse link.

£435 yikes that's extremely overpriced, for reference for me printing this it uses about 265g of material, 1kg spool of TPU 95A (somewhere between 750-800g of material on the spool) costs about £32 on amazon which would be enough material to print 2-3 of these (and then electricity cost of course but yeah..). Then it also comes down to understanding what you are printing, context matters for instance this is a seat and getting infill and texture right is important and someone who doesn't understand that might get it wrong and you will get a hard and slippery seat.

Your best option might be to get a yoga block and shape it a bit.

Edited by Rawnei

1 minute ago, Rawnei said:

for reference for me printing this it uses about 265g of material, 1kg spool of TPU 95A (somewhere between 750-800g of material on the spool) costs about £32 on amazon which would be enough material to print 2-3 of these.

I see ! You don't wanna print me one for £100 do you ?! Lols - only joking, but at the sort of prices those guys want I might as well buy a 3D printer !! I'll start saving !

29 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

I see ! You don't wanna print me one for £100 do you ?! Lols - only joking, but at the sort of prices those guys want I might as well buy a 3D printer !! I'll start saving !

It's a great investment, so much stuff you can do, brought a lot of value to me personally! I have an Ender 3 S1 Pro printer, it costs around £470, not that much more expensive than the price they offered you for printing one item. 😅

Edited by Rawnei
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, next time I have 500 quid spare I may well do that ! Still feeling quite poor after the Master though ;)

I can wait - I have earned my delayed gratification XP Gold star awaiting the wheel all that time, and seated riding can be a nice surprise for further down the road....

Edited by Cerbera

To protect your shock you need a better mud guard than original.
The one from Ronnie is super, but its a big print. 

An alternative is this Mud guard holder that enables you to make the mudguard out of any piece of plastic sheet, PET bottle, yoga mat or similar.

https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=5919475&page=1&type=things&sort=relevant

In instagram you can see the whole thing: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cp9ycdYAM4f/?hl=en

IMG_20230319_145056_541.jpg

Edited by EUCzero

• Update to my kickstand.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5505862

2023-04-07: Added a mudflap extension for my Master kickstand, I noticed that even with a very big mudguard on the Master there is enough space below the kickstand for the tire to splash water and dirt upwards towards yourself and on people behind you so I made this mudflap extension that adds onto my kickstand, you plug it into the lower mounting holes and screw it in place like you would the kickstand. Print in TPU and it will be soft enough to bend when you park the wheel on the kickstand or if the mudflap hits any obstacle it wont be a problem.

Mudflap1.thumb.jpg.544db0a15797a2c8370bf300f6f60021.jpg

Mudflap2.thumb.jpg.28ffb2a9bc74e9dd60aa2d7ef9635d5f.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Slider sock (protection)
Printing as we speak, so do not know how effective it will be in the long run.
But my slider bushings are worn out. Should be 2mm thick. Down to 1.7mm worst place now. That is 0.3 + 0.3mm slack on the top and the same in the bottom. Really annoying while riding now. New bushings gonna be ordered, and this sock will hopefully protect them better.

Print in TPU. Flat end mounted down.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6086503