My Begode Master 3D Printed Accessories

I had just noticed your 3d prints on Thingiverse earlier today.  Great job on your designs.  I haven't gotten my Master yet, but have printed a couple of items weeks ago, like a kickstand and rear bumper.  I am concerned about the front headlight though and the current options on Thingiverse for a front bumper isn't conducive to the stock pads setup.  Did you design a front bumper or grab handle that would protect the front end without having to cut/remove the stock pads?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Grimm10 said:

I had just noticed your 3d prints on Thingiverse earlier today.  Great job on your designs.  I haven't gotten my Master yet, but have printed a couple of items weeks ago, like a kickstand and rear bumper.  I am concerned about the front headlight though and the current options on Thingiverse for a front bumper isn't conducive to the stock pads setup.  Did you design a front bumper or grab handle that would protect the front end without having to cut/remove the stock pads?

For that one thing I'm actually going with the Grizzla fairing system and bumpers, I have a small printer so not reasonable for me to design a fairing system so I opted to get a ready made package for that.

28 minutes ago, Grimm10 said:

I've considered that too, but I want to try the stock pads first.

Ah alright, I ruled the stock pads out the first time I saw them, doesn't fit my riding style at all, I'm very specific nowadays how I want my pads. 😁

• Begode Master Mudguard

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5517321

An alternative mudguard for the Begode Master, this mudguard is quite big (about 230mm in length) and also quite wide since the Master is a bit open in the back.

1.thumb.jpg.af0edea41275a57504a066225e13059c.jpg

Edited by Rawnei
  • Like 2

Added an optional part to the Begode Master Kuba Compatible Fender

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5505878

2022-09-17: Added optional splash protector for Kuba linkage, this part should be printed in TPU and is easy to install on the Kuba linkage to provide extra splash protection for the shock where the mudguard ends (see photos).

Splash1.thumb.jpg.88e747549bf9d743e6860ac834ecabc5.jpg

Splash2.thumb.jpg.726838a692deb0af09e593d0ad02ab4e.jpg

• Like 2

• Begode Master Parking Stand

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5661952

A parking stand for the Begode Master.

The Begode Master has a built in kickstand but putting it on a stationary stand will make it take up less space in your home or storage area.

This stand is designed in such a way that most of the weight from the wheel will actually rest on the ground via the tire that rests on a TPU cushion so that the stand does not need to support the full weight of the wheel.

Master_1.thumb.jpg.1301a62d02eba8629a9b41cb57607c71.jpg

413325168_MasterS22_1.thumb.jpg.e52ea6fb4c480aadef66885208c29866.jpg

MasterStand.thumb.jpg.41b458eb31c89a757d7b5cf7fdc1e7a6.jpg

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, EUCzero said:

Can anyone publish their Master 3D mods here? Or would you like it clean for your designs?
(by anyone, I mean my deigns of course)

If you'd like to share your designs here go ahead. :)

• Like 2

• Begode Master Rear Led Light Mount

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5680992

A replacement mount for the rear led light on the Begode Master.

There are two problems with the stock mount for the rear light:

A ) It's made of a stiff and fragile plastic that breaks easily and is in such a position on the wheel that it can happen easily from just dropping the wheel on it's side never-mind a slow speed crash, this replacement mount when printed from TPU will be hard to break since it's flexible and can easily be replaced if needed. You can print this mount to either replace an already broken stock mount or just to preemptively avoid it all together.

B ) The stock LED mount is made of a thick tinted plastic that dims the LED and makes it much less visible to the point of almost not visible at all, this replacement mount does not cover the LED and since the LED strip on the Master already comes inside a diffuser made out of silicone having the diffuser exposed will give the rear light a really nice bright and soft visible glow, this makes a big difference in visibility (plus it looks much cooler).

1.thumb.jpg.04d20dde91c5f25b0b204e7ad15a425c.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.bfc5a83470ce513a29a9828700cc0617.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Anyway you could 3d print a trolley handle?... The trolley poles are good enough to hold the weight of the master, but not the actually hollow plastic handle. It's beyond me why Begode would even consider using a handle so flimsy. 

I live in a 5th floor walk up, and I carry my master up 5 flights of stairs, and though I have the entire Grizzla Fairing and Flow Pad Kit, it's easier carrying it up stairs with one hand on the trolley handle and the other hand pulling on the railing as I climb the stairs. I tried carrying it by the bumper(s) but it so much harder and exhausting, and you get your pants dirty from all the crud your pedals picked up from riding. 

I personally didn't think the trolley handle was going to last so I bought a couple spare handles, but it did better than expected, as I've been carrying the master up the stairs by the original handle for the 2.5 months I've had it. However, I recently noticed a little stress fracture on it, and given the master isn't the most rugged in terms of handling light drops, I prefer not to risk it, so I've been carrying it up with one hand on the front bumper, and the other hand pulling on the stair railing as I climb the stair, which is very awkward since the master is top heavy. 

I love my apartment in NYC and EVERYTHING is conveniently close to me, but I've actually considered moving to an elevator building, since none of the lower floors in my building have any vacant apartments, because the master is my main form of trasportation.

To give you an idea why I have an EUC as my main form of transport... Parking fees in NYC cost at the very least, as much, if not more than an actual car payment. Not to mention insurance, inspections and registration fees. There is a way to not pay to for parking fees and that would consists of you getting to your neighborhood, and driving around the block, over and over and over, HOPING you'll find a spot within a reasonable distance (10 blocks - equivalent to 1 mile) and time (within 1.5hrs), and when you do find parking, you have to get up by 6am the next day to go and move your car so the city can come to sweep the street your cars parked on, and then do the whole process of finding another spot, but by the time you find a spot, it's already time for work... Get my drift? 😂 

With all that said, if anyone could figure out a way to print a trolley handle so I don't have deal with all this bullshit of constant switching of trolley handles, I would greatly appreciate it, and will reward you with a nice financial sum, as long as it lasts and can withstand the weight of the master without having to replace it more than once. 

Sorry for the diatribe, but I wanted to get the point across that I desperately need a better alternative to that bullshit handle Begode has on ALL of their wheels regardless of weight, since I have to carry one of those wheels up 5 flights of stairs. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I hope to hear from someone who's up for the task soon. 😁

Edited by BillyKo
I'm an OCD perfectionist, and HAD to fix that Typo
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BillyKo said:

Anyway you could 3d print a trolley handle?... The trolley poles are good enough to hold the weight of the master, but not the actually hollow plastic handle. It's beyond me why Begode would even consider using a handle so flimsy. 

I live in a 5th floor walk up, and I carry my master up 5 flights of stairs, and though I have the entire Grizzla Fairing and Flow Pad Kit, it's easier carrying it up stairs with one hand on the trolley handle and the other hand pulling on the railing as I climb the stairs. I tried carrying it by the bumper(s) but it so much harder and exhausting, and you get your pants dirty from all the crud your pedals picked up from riding. 

I personally didn't think the trolley handle was going to last so I bought a couple spare handles, but it did better than expected, as I've been carrying the master up the stairs by the original handle for the 2.5 months I've had it. However, I recently noticed a little stress fracture on it, and given the master isn't the most rugged in terms of handling light drops, I prefer not to risk it, so I've been carrying it up with one hand on the front bumper, and the other hand pulling on the stair railing as I climb the stair, which is very awkward since the master is top heavy. 

I love my apartment in NYC and EVERYTHING is conveniently close to me, but I've actually considered moving to an elevator building, since none of the lower floors in my building have any vacant apartments, because the master is my main form of trasportation.

To give you an idea why I have an EUC as my main form of transport... Parking fees in NYC cost at the very least, as much, if not more than an actual car payment. Not to mention insurance, inspections and registration fees. There is a way to not pay to for parking fees and that would consists of you getting to your neighborhood, and driving around the block, over and over and over, HOPING you'll find a spot within a reasonable distance (10 blocks - equivalent to 1 mile) and time (within 1.5hrs), and when you do find parking, you have to get up by 6am the next day to go and move your car so the city can come to sweep the street your cars parked on, and then do the whole process of finding another spot, but by the time you find a spot, it's already time for work... Get my drift? 😂 

With all that said, if anyone could figure out a way to print a trolley handle so I don't have deal with all this bullshit of constant switching of trolley handles, I would greatly appreciate it, and will reward you with a nice financial sum, as long as it lasts and can withstand the weight of the master without having to replace it more than once. 

Sorry for the diatribe, but I wanted to get the point across that I desperately need a better alternative to that bullshit handle Begode has on ALL of their wheels regardless of weight, since I have to carry one of those wheels up 5 flights of stairs. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I hope to hear from someone who's up for the task soon. 😁

The way the whole trolley handle is designed, i.e. how it is secured to the wheel I highly recommend not using it for carrying no matter how strong the actual handle in itself is, it's a very light construction overall and not made for carrying so much weight, basically 2 small pins inside the sliders to keep the trolley in place and those sometimes doesn't even extend (they have a tendency to get stuck), some plastic around the entry points that are held by 2 very small screws with shims around them that is all, something will break and cause some sort of damage that will be more difficult to repair then replacing the handle itself. This is the curse of the Master a lot of things is very flimsy and weak.

Edited by Rawnei
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Erete said:

Yes you are right but I am also in the case where I carry it a lot by the handle.  Please consider our request.

I'm sorry to disappoint you but I'm not gonna spend time and energy to design and prototype something that I don't believe in or don't have any need of, it's a lot of work you know.

• Upvote 1

I printed this handle from Thingiverse that was designed for the Master Pro. 

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5612903

It still fits using 2 of the 3 mounting holes, which in fact makes it somewhat modular, as you can mount it using either the front 2 screw holes or the back 2 holes.  Mounting it using the front 2 holes makes it sturdier, imo.

1 hour ago, Grimm10 said:

It still fits using 2 of the 3 mounting holes, which in fact makes it somewhat modular, as you can mount it using either the front 2 screw holes or the back 2 holes.  Mounting it using the front 2 holes makes it sturdier, imo.

Ooh - I like that. Protects the top pad and screen and buttons; I bet that stops those flying off in those horrible tumble crashes, as they tend to do without it. AND gives you something easily reachable to grab onto during sloped dismounts !

I presume my impending Grizzla fairing setup and front / rear bumpers precludes the fitting of this, but if I hadn't gone that way I can see the ways this could be better / or additonal.

Edited by Cerbera

On 12/12/2022 at 3:12 PM, Grimm10 said:

i've remixed this for a friend, i'll publish it soon 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Nivel said:

Which of these 3d prints can be used/can fit on the Master Pro?

I don't own a Master Pro and they weren't designed for Master Pro so I can't answer you on that.

• Begode Master Trolley Handle Operational Fix

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5797245

The Trolley Handle on the Begode Master has two very common problems

Sometimes the mechanism that lets you move the trolley handle after pushing the button gets stuck in a detracted position after moving the trolley handle so that it doesn't fully lock in place again, once this happens you have to take the whole trolley handle out.

Other times the whole mechanism is locked so that you can not unlock and move the trolley handle at all.

This small 3D print fixes the former problem and possibly it could help with the latter as well but I can not verify that, overall what this does is to make the small pin inside the bottom mechanism operate smoother and not get stuck.

3.thumb.jpg.9487275ccd975f8f7c34ab59b2218730.jpg

• Like 1

• Begode Master Bearing Waterproofing Seal

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5798147

A waterproofing seal for the bearing on the Begode Master.

Notice: This is a work in progress, meaning it's my first time designing a waterproofing seal and that only time can tell how well it will work to protect the bearing. Consider this when printing and using this that it needs to be time proven but personally I believe in this concept.

The small rubber part of the RS seals that we have on our wheels is usually not enough to protect the bearing and it's not uncommon for riders to get dirt or water inside the bearing causing rust and/or grinding noises over time.

The idea with this seal is to protect the outside of the bearing with an extra layer of marine grease or other suitable type of grease and a cover that prevents that grease from being openly exposed and keeping it in place.

1.thumb.jpg.75776f29e541c59a69b7b4fb9b985f79.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.83ee6e14cfdf371d9e33ed0fbdf7d760.jpg

6.thumb.jpg.5e9905f3f3fea8ea94a175048f0a2f5b.jpg

7.thumb.jpg.fdd4cff71074daf35f2fc8879cf80ff7.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1