V12 Won't turn on

Criz

Is anyone else having problems with their unit not turning on?  I don't know what I can try to do, or what I can test.  

Mine is about 8 months old, no issues until now.  I have the black board board installed for about a month.  I thought this was supposed to make it better!  Now it's just a brick.  Nice and heavy one, doesn't move in the wind and great to hold things down.  

• Like 1

On positive note you won't crash.

Did it work when you changed the board? Did you power it on/drive? 

First thing you could check is, if the wheels spins freely. Drop that brick sideways and try spinning the wheel with hand. Is it spinning freely or some resistance like breaking?

Have you tried charging it? Does the charger light "up"? Or the wheel does something?

If you are "tech" savvy open that brick and measure battery levels with multimeter. Same thing to charger.

If you aren't "tech" savvy only options is repair shop.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 4 months later...
On 8/5/2022 at 1:18 PM, Funky said:

On positive note you won't crash.

Did it work when you changed the board? Did you power it on/drive? 

First thing you could check is, if the wheels spins freely. Drop that brick sideways and try spinning the wheel with hand. Is it spinning freely or some resistance like breaking?

Have you tried charging it? Does the charger light "up"? Or the wheel does something?

If you are "tech" savvy open that brick and measure battery levels with multimeter. Same thing to charger.

If you aren't "tech" savvy only options is repair shop.

I'm having the same problem, so I'll answer. 

Resistance: yes, When the brick is turned sideways, the wheel spins with resistance..

charges: yes, screen lights up for charging, then when unplugged turns off. After that if I press the power button, screen will flash for a moment with all the normal power functions then turn off. 

Problem starts after forgetting to turn off the wheel when putting it in the boot of my hatchback. At some point on the twisty roads, it started trying to balance itself, and wheel started spinning. By the time I pulled over, turned off the car, and got to the trunk, the safety shut off for over spin had engaged. And ever since, it won't power back on. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Galileo Galileo said:

Resistance: yes, When the brick is turned sideways, the wheel spins with resistance

Sounds like fried mosfets shorting the motor wires...

Normally a new motherboard (driver board for v12?) solves this problem. To doublecheck this one can disconnect the motor and look if the resistance is gone.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Johnnytran said:

ever since I’d try to plug in the chargers but the green light never changed to red

This means charging does not stop. Could be a bad charger, but as your wheel behaves strange:

6 hours ago, Johnnytran said:

Suddenly my my ECU tilt back and battery goes from full to nothing with the warning sound and corner triangle lid up

that's more likely some bms/motherboard/connectors problem?